Namco Scooter Jr.

clean it

Jul 18, 2010
New York
Real Name
mike
Business Location
United States
Has anyone owned and operated a Namco Scooter Jr? I have been reading up on the extractor but I would like to hear the pros and cons of the machine from someone who has owned and operated it. I would be using it for mainly Residential. Thanks!

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Get the beast. I've had three of them. Awesome suction and great water psi. Also an extra 100 psi pump for pre spray

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
The Jr?

I see them all over ebay now and the specs didn't seem that great.
Four 2 stage vacs and a 500 psi pump driven by a large electric motor. Also a pre spray pump with a hose you put in a 5 gallon bucket filled with pre spray. I used to run 100' of hose easy. Dry times were close to some Truckmounts.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
Four 2 stage vacs and a 500 psi pump driven by a large electric motor. Also a pre spray pump with a hose you put in a 5 gallon bucket filled with pre spray. I used to run 100' of hose easy. Dry times were close to some Truckmounts.
Wow now that is a BEAST! How many cords? I've been looking for something for 2nd and 3rd floor work and bringing up the hoses to those levels stinks.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
the namco scooter beast is pretty much just that

sounds weird 4 2 stage all in line

I changed all the ports and intakes to two inch holy shit did that improve this machine.

sorry I sold I made a tidy profit

Rick tried offering much less money than it was worth. how cheap how cheap how cheap.LOL

because it was ricks old machine hahahahahahahha

RICK STILL OWES ANDY A STAIR TOOL OVER THE DEAL.

After the simple mods I did to it if that hose cuff latched on to your leg is was not coming off.

Since Namco does not play the bulletin board games and give away stuff to Bulletin board all stars to shill for them

it's pretty much unheard off

Reactions: Mike Krall

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
the namco scooter beast is pretty much just that

sounds weird 4 2 stage all in line

I changed all the ports and intakes to two inch holy shit did that improve this machine.

sorry I sold I made a tidy profit

Rick tried offering much less money than it was worth. how cheap how cheap how cheap.LOL

because it was ricks old machine hahahahahahahha

rick still owes Andy a stair tool over the deal.

After the simple mods I did to it if that hose cuff latched on to your leg is was not coming off.

Since Namco does not play the bulletin board games and give away stuff to Bulletin board all stars to shill for them

it's pretty much unheard off
You and that stair tool. I tried to reach out to him. No answer. Give it a break. I have one sitting in my supply room. I'm not sending it to you. Back to the beast, like he said it has crazy suction. They are heavy but their design makes them easy to move around.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I'm not asking for the tool you know where Andy is where he lives and must have his phone number right

make good on your deal.

ventman929

Premium VIP
Mar 2, 2013
Real Name
dominic navarro
I've owned enough Namco, and many other portable machines over the years. the stock Beast directly from Namco packed a serious punch. like Odin did with the beast he sold, I changed the plumbing to all 2", and that truly made that machine a cleaning monster. drawback on that machine was its weight. 150+lbs. but the good part was with all that power, you rarely had to take it anywhere out of the truck. if you had to climb stairs, the upright design made it very easy to use going up stairs provided you had good legs and back.

the little scooter on the other hand is much smaller, probably 60 lbs max. single cord, dual 2 stage, 100 psi stock.
I used mine when I actively cleaned, mostly for upholstery and small carpet jobs. I still have the lil scooter but have not used it for quite some time other than my own personal use.

I changed the vac motors and up'd the pump to 220 psi a few years ago. nice little machine. the drawback is there is no fresh water tank so you either draw from a bucket or tub, or do as I did. hook directly to hot water faucet, or an added fresh tank I sat on the lid. worked very well for what I needed at the time.

from many years experience I can say this....the Namco machines are built like aluminum tanks!

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I've owned enough Namco, and many other portable machines over the years. the stock Beast directly from Namco packed a serious punch. like Odin did with the beast he sold, I changed the plumbing to all 2", and that truly made that machine a cleaning monster. drawback on that machine was its weight. 150+lbs. but the good part was with all that power, you rarely had to take it anywhere out of the truck. if you had to climb stairs, the upright design made it very easy to use going up stairs provided you had good legs and back.

the little scooter on the other hand is much smaller, probably 60 lbs max. single cord, dual 2 stage, 100 psi stock.
I used mine when I actively cleaned, mostly for upholstery and small carpet jobs. I still have the lil scooter but have not used it for quite some time other than my own personal use.

I changed the vac motors and up'd the pump to 220 psi a few years ago. nice little machine. the drawback is there is no fresh water tank so you either draw from a bucket or tub, or do as I did. hook directly to hot water faucet, or an added fresh tank I sat on the lid. worked very well for what I needed at the time.

from many years experience I can say this....the Namco machines are built like aluminum tanks!
Did you keep the Jr as a 2 vac motor setup?

ventman929

Premium VIP
Mar 2, 2013
Real Name
dominic navarro
yes I did Mike. just kept it simple for personal use, and used 35' of hose.

clean it

Jul 18, 2010
New York
Real Name
mike
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the responses. I believe they also have a Namco Husky. It has a little more psi than the scooter. I am going to look into the beast.

clean it

Jul 18, 2010
New York
Real Name
mike
Business Location
United States

Does the Namco beast blow breakers easy? How much does each cord actually draw from the 20 amp circuits?

ventman929

Premium VIP
Mar 2, 2013
Real Name
dominic navarro
the Namco beast is a 2 cord machine. every now and again any portable machine will pop a breaker, regardless of what any manufacturer will say. if you plan to bring the machine indoors with you, seek out 20 amp circuits. usually found in utility rooms, kitchens, bathrooms. some guys here use generators for their tools.

I rarely encountered popping a circuit but have always found when I did, there were other items (household) on same circuit of the home owner put on the microwave or something. i'm not sure what the amp draw was but the 4 vacs in series did cut back on draw.

the husky by Namco is now available with a mounted solution tank I believe, check out the site.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I'm not asking for the tool you know where Andy is where he lives and must have his phone number right

make good on your deal.
I sent him pm's a few times. Sounds like you have a bigger problem than he does.

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
I sent him pm's a few times. Sounds like you have a bigger problem than he does.

he don't come here no more

guess a phone call is just too hard for you.

andy is not here but I am

send him what you owe him

how hard can it be

Back to the post at hand

you cant go wrong with the scooter line of portables

they are a good company and have pretty good customer service.

over the years for odds and ends they have never let me down.