aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I won't see till tomorrow, hope it had not etched the finish. Think table had a glossy polyurethane coating.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app
Do what Todd said and do in stages as not to go below the surface..nail polish wont etch anything to my knowledge. Above all..Sign off liability..you don't wanna end up refinishing the table.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover and slowly remove it. You might take a small can of varnish with you for touch up if needed. Tell the customer up front of the risk and that if the finish does come up that you will apply some varnish to the spot. If they want to refinish the whole table top they can pay you for that too as an additional charge & service. Should be fairly easy, you don't have to remove all the finish. Just a light sanding of the existing finish with a fine grit then recoat the whole top.

Reactions: keep it clean

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Q-tip dipped in nail polish remover and slowly remove it. You might take a small can of varnish with you for touch up if needed. Tell the customer up front of the risk and that if the finish does come up that you will apply some varnish to the spot. If they want to refinish the whole table top they can pay you for that too as an additional charge & service. Should be fairly easy, you don't have to remove all the finish. Just a light sanding of the existing finish with a fine grit then recoat the whole top.
Easier said than done (refinishing) I'd have that stuff slopped everywhere.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Easier said than done (refinishing) I'd have that stuff slopped everywhere.
Definitely not to be done at customers house if doing the whole table.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I'd wreck it no matter where I did it..Never had a knack for those things. Thing would have more Drips than a leaky faucet.
Lol light coats and time buddy. Buffing in between coats. Will look like glass.

Think I would attempt to remove the bulk of it carefully with very fine sand paper. If carful can lightly buff it with steel wool and mirofiber towel or reapply poly to touch up. But once you apply acetone or same nail polish remover. It may continue to melt in. Making surface gummy and spreading the polish. Test in hidden area on one of the legs or something. Only good thing acetone evaporates fast unlike other thinners. So might work. But ide try and get as much of the polish off first.

Sent from my SM-G900T using TMF Forums mobile app

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Think I would attempt to remove the bulk of it carefully with very fine sand paper. If carful can lightly buff it with steel wool and mirofiber towel or reapply poly to touch up. But once you apply acetone or same nail polish remover. It may continue to melt in. Making surface gummy and spreading the polish. Test in hidden area on one of the legs or something. Only good thing acetone evaporates fast unlike other thinners. So might work. But ide try and get as much of the polish off first.

I know the "Suggested" procedures Brother..Just don't have the patience..I want it Perfect NOW! Thus...I don't CARE! With your recipe for Success for that Crap..Might as well go in 50/50 on a New table..After the Labor hours for all DAT!

Reactions: keep it clean

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States

Anyway you cut that Cake....Trouble ahead without the Grace Of God and a Shit Load of Luck!

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Anyway you cut that Cake....Trouble ahead without the Grace Of God and a Shit Load of Luck!
Mmmmmm cake. Now I'm hungry. What's my chances that the kids didn't find my tasty cake hidden in vegetable drawer in the fridge? I bet it's long gone lol. They sniff that stuff out.

Reactions: MikeGaure