Nail polish in grout ?

Daron Farrar

Apr 30, 2007
Bridgepoint's AllSolve usually works pretty good on nail polish, it has acetone in it along with other solvents. It's in a handy spray can as well. Wear a chem mask if you have to use a lot of it though. Another thing is maybe trying to scrape it off with some hand held grout saws or other tools like a flat head screw driver, it could be just on the surface.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I have never removed nail polish from grout lines, so I am guessing here. I suggest testing a small area before committing to anything.

My concern is that All Solv / acetone / nail polish remover might disolve the nail polish and allow it to penetrate further into the pores of the grout once it becomes a liquid.

If the polish is mostly on the surface, Viper Renew might work. Renew actually removes a microscopic thin layer of the grout along with whatever is on top of the grout.

johntalley

Elite Member
Jun 19, 2008
federal Way,Wa 98003
www.premiercarpetservice.com
Real Name
John Talley
Business Location
United States
should have tryed that

I have never removed nail polish from grout lines, so I am guessing here. I suggest testing a small area before committing to anything.

My concern is that All Solv / acetone / nail polish remover might disolve the nail polish and allow it to penetrate further into the pores of the grout once it becomes a liquid.

If the polish is mostly on the surface, Viper Renew might work. Renew actually removes a microscopic thin layer of the grout along with whatever is on top of the grout.

I used nail polish remover with acetone worked about 80% she didn't tell me about the strawberry juice on the counter that was in the grout and the red kid frozen pop on the other counter with lots of red crayol crans all out but frozen pop and 50% of straw jiuce

can I use bleach ?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
I used nail polish remover with acetone worked about 80% she didn't tell me about the strawberry juice on the counter that was in the grout and the red kid frozen pop on the other counter with lots of red crayol crans all out but frozen pop and 50% of straw jiuce

can I use bleach ?

Use an oxygen booster such as Boost All. Mix the Boost All with hot water and pour on the grout lines if it is a discoloration over a large area. Give some dwell time and clean.

If the disolcored areas are smaller stains, use StainZONE. Apply and let its sit there. Rinse later. May take from 5 minutes to several hours.

johntalley

Elite Member
Jun 19, 2008
federal Way,Wa 98003
www.premiercarpetservice.com
Real Name
John Talley
Business Location
United States
I'll buy next time I'm at the store

Use an oxygen booster such as Boost All. Mix the Boost All with hot water and pour on the grout lines if it is a discoloration over a large area. Give some dwell time and clean.

If the disolcored areas are smaller stains, use StainZONE. Apply and let its sit there. Rinse later. May take from 5 minutes to several hours.

Thanks Scott .. I'll buy these next time I'm at the store ..

2fuzzyknees

Aug 4, 2009
Indianapolis Indiana
Real Name
Tony Althoff
Business Location
United States
I vapor steam clean all my grout lines after prespray with stripper I get from Grout Shield.I have nylon,steel and brass tips to use according to type of tile/stone involved and havnt had any probs. But I understand not many it seems use the vapor steam method.