Mytee's new CRB $1,299

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I have both 10" & 15". My techs as well as myself prefer the 10. Much lighter and easier to maneuver around furniture and better in tight spaces. Also, perfect size for stairs. 15" too big for stairs.
Yes, the 15 inch and up can be for wider open spaces. I guess it's kind of, sorta, in some ways, like an Oreck vs. a 175.
IMHO opinion the perfect O/O (resi/light commercial) agitation line up is:

- 13" 175
- 10 or 12" CRB
- Multi-speed scrubber w/brushes and pad driver
- Hand bonnets with green stripe
- Horse hair brush
- Soft nylon brush

Nothing you can't takle with that.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
IMHO opinion the perfect O/O (resi/light commercial) agitation line up is:

- 13" 175
- 10 or 12" CRB
- Multi-speed scrubber w/brushes and pad driver
- Hand bonnets with green stripe
- Horse hair brush
- Soft nylon brush

Nothing you can't takle with that.
I'll start by saying everyone should have a 175, it's one of the most versatile machines you can have and they last forever

What size 175 you have depends on what you mainly use it for

I've always and still do have a 17 incher and mostly do residential

It is my opinion that if your going too have a 175 you should also have a solution tank mounted on it, have a carpet brush for it as well as a pad driver

Then there's not much you can't do with it

Only negative on 175's is the dam weight of them, and most have small wheels that make it hard to pull them up stairs

As I get older (now 57) I find myself using my 15 inch CRB more often as it is a lot lighter and has a transport thingie it sits on which has big wheels so its very easy to pull up stairs

It's also a lot easier to get on and off the van then my 98 pound 175

But as Allied says, a 13 inch 175 for residential is probably your best bet maybe even a 15 inch one wouldn't be that bad

I am currently in the search for a smaller, lighter 175 to replace my 17 incher so any input from anyone who knows of a good one let me know

As for the CRB
A 10 or 12 inch one for residential would be a good choice
although i'd favor the 12 inch. I have a 15 inch CRB that i use and wouldn't go any bigger for residential
The 17 and 20 inch CRB's are best suited for commercial use with large open area's

I also have a orbot Vibe and that little oreck orbital and a brush attachment for a hand drill that i'll sometimes use on stairs I think i have agitation covered pretty well for when i need to

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
A 13" 175 & 15" CRB best of both worlds.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
K
I'll start by saying everyone should have a 175, it's one of the most versatile machines you can have and they last forever

What size 175 you have depends on what you mainly use it for

I've always and still do have a 17 incher and mostly do residential

It is my opinion that if your going too have a 175 you should also have a solution tank mounted on it, have a carpet brush for it as well as a pad driver

Then there's not much you can't do with it

Only negative on 175's is the dam weight of them, and most have small wheels that make it hard to pull them up stairs

As I get older (now 57) I find myself using my 15 inch CRB more often as it is a lot lighter and has a transport thingie it sits on which has big wheels so its very easy to pull up stairs

It's also a lot easier to get on and off the van then my 98 pound 175

But as Allied says, a 13 inch 175 for residential is probably your best bet maybe even a 15 inch one wouldn't be that bad

I am currently in the search for a smaller, lighter 175 to replace my 17 incher so any input from anyone who knows of a good one let me know

As for the CRB
A 10 or 12 inch one for residential would be a good choice
although i'd favor the 12 inch. I have a 15 inch CRB that i use and wouldn't go any bigger for residential
The 17 and 20 inch CRB's are best suited for commercial use with large open area's

I also have a orbot Vibe and that little oreck orbital and a brush attachment for a hand drill that i'll sometimes use on stairs I think i have agitation covered pretty well for when i need to
Kevin, i have a new koblenz 13 inch 175 bought from amazon.com, about 60 lbs. On friday, a fellow cleaner borrowed it to encap a small business in baltimore, a radio station i believe. Several rooms, and hallways. I initially tried to get the 13 inch sanitaire, but its not made anymore. It had a telescopic handle.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
K

Kevin, i have a new koblenz 13 inch 175 bought from amazon.com, about 60 lbs. On friday, a fellow cleaner borrowed it to encap a small business in baltimore, a radio station i believe. Several rooms, and hallways. I initially tried to get the 13 inch sanitaire, but its not made anymore. It had a telescopic handle.
How long have you had the 13 inch Koblenz and how do you like it

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have the 17" koblenz and love it......1.5 hp
it is the lightest 17" on the market.....80 lbs.....

i traded in the 13" koblenz as it was only .75hp

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
How long have you had the 13 inch Koblenz and how do you like it
I had it about 3 months. I like the size and weight of it, yet i have not used a 17 inch. So, i have no comparison. It worked well for me when i used it on carpet and a kitchen floor.

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
For us a 175 with a weight holder and tank is a must! We tackle marble polishing with it, deep scrubbing floors, and carpets! Here’s one I did last week, repeat customer on a new move in.

We always had 17 inch machines, this carpet was scrubbed first before HWE.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I don't believe a c rb cleans. Better than a 175
But it is much easier to use especially around furniture
However crb is clumsy to transport
Have to remove wheels
Crb.... has no tank
Also is hard to take upstairs

If it weighs 70lbs
Might as well get a60lb koblenz 13"
Or 80 lb koblenz 17"

But I would like to get a 10" c rb
Hate taking anything over 50 lbs upstairs

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Have not pulled the trigger on another 175 yet but i will soon as i do want a lighter one, i've always had a 17incher and like that size
I saw that koblenze does an 80 pound 17incher but thats only like 15 pounds lighter then the one i currently have, not that much of a difference to where i think i'd be happy

But if i dropped down to a 60 pounder that would be a significant difference and worth it to me, but it is a trade off in size

I do also have a 15 inch CRB that i like a lot and it does work very well for agitation prior to HWE on most types of carpet

So think i'm gonna shop for who has the best price on that 13 inch koblenze and run with it

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Have not pulled the trigger on another 175 yet but i will soon as i do want a lighter one, i've always had a 17incher and like that size
I saw that koblenze does an 80 pound 17incher but thats only like 15 pounds lighter then the one i currently have, not that much of a difference to where i think i'd be happy

But if i dropped down to a 60 pounder that would be a significant difference and worth it to me, but it is a trade off in size

I do also have a 15 inch CRB that i like a lot and it does work very well for agitation prior to HWE on most types of carpet

So think i'm gonna shop for who has the best price on that 13 inch koblenze and run with it
use a riser on the 13" koblenz.....get a 15" brush
i am also wondering if it is 15" koblenz diferent sizes on steambrite
either way it is a 60lb .75hp buffer