Myteeee dri falling apart

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
lol sorry for calling you Bruh, M'am!
It's perfectly okay, I take it as a compliment to be seen as "one of the guys", heh. I'm here to help, to learn, and to share just like everyone else. I even belch when I drink beer... but don't spread that one around. Not very ladylike, I'm told.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
The SS has a significant flaw. The flow control valve is haunted...it closes and opens on its own. You have to keep checking it to ensure you are still at the flow rate you desired.

Bought the shear dry and have not used it yet.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
It's perfectly okay, I take it as a compliment to be seen as "one of the guys", heh. I'm here to help, to learn, and to share just like everyone else. I even belch when I drink beer... but don't spread that one around. Not very ladylike, I'm told.
It’s obvious you wear a bra, your about the most sensible member here amongst us non bra wearers! Lol

Chris Henry

Jul 20, 2017
Real Name
Bucky Rogers
The SS has a significant flaw. The flow control valve is haunted...it closes and opens on its own. You have to keep checking it to ensure you are still at the flow rate you desired.

Bought the shear dry and have not used it yet.
I agree with you on the needle valve. There are good replacement valves you can get that exceed the factory crap ones. I usually open the needle valve up and use the lead hose shut off valve as the water flow control.
The only qualm with the sheardry tool is no trigger lock. The SS has one.

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
latest update is she goes "From my understanding the glide is the only thing that isn't working well on your tool. I understand the hoses are having issues but that doesn't mean the tool is. "
lol waht?

Then she tells me if I want to send it back I can but she is not sure yet what to do about the hoses lol.

So they want me to pay for shipping back to them to reinstall the glide lol ..

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
$20 says your not the only one on here that needs a bra, so dont feel to alone.

The Magician

Dec 2, 2008
Ohio
Real Name
Jimmy Nardella
Sorry for your problems. Jon is sunning on the beach in his bikini and your losing money cause u cant clean uph. They are known for copycats and using cheap parts and using us cleaners for beta testing. Cheap parts for more money for the manufacturer

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
First off disrespecting MaMa Fen is not cool. This lady has more knowledge, and class then pretty much all the rest of us put together. MaMa called a spade a spade.
I'm a big user and supporter of Mytee equipment. Started my whole business with Mytee equipment. Some of their products were not the best while others, like the Mytee T Rex, or the Mytee Eco-13 Orbital for instance, are high quality, low priced home runs, that changed the market, and made competitors reduce their prices to stay competitive.
I do not have a Mytee upholstery tool so I can't argue one way or the other about it. But as far as Mytee customer service, they've been the best. Anyone that says otherwise is wrong.
@Mama Fen Thank for always taking the time to help us knuckle draggers out with good advice, tips, and for keeping it real. It's a trait not often found any more, especially here. Respect!

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Johnny my lovie, I feel no disrespect at all from OBS. It's obvious he's had a hard time with his tool, and a harder time getting his problem remedied, and he's frustrated as heck. I would be too, if I were him!

Anything that could be construed as unsympathetic or "sticking up for the other guy" is going to get a negative reaction in a case like this, I know that and am perfectly okay with it. Especially when I'm sticking up for the evil overpriced money-grubbing manufacturer, lol. Curse those manufacturers...

But it's good to feel the love anyway, and I learn more and more from you guys every day :smuggrin:

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Let me sum all this up, its a sh!tty tool. Cheap plastic garbage.

Buy a sapphire uph tool or the rotovac one. Every mytee product I have owned is the same, except the portables (all the moving parts in mine werent made by mytee only the rotomolded body)

Its all "homeowner" grade but sold as commercial equipment, its anything but...

think Homelite brand or Ryobi, except they sell it to professionals who then take it out in the field and watch it fall apart before their eyes after 2 jobs

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Let me sum all this up, its a sh!tty tool. Cheap plastic garbage.

Buy a sapphire uph tool or the rotovac one. Every mytee product I have owned is the same, except the portables (all the moving parts in mine werent made by mytee only the rotomolded body)

Its all "homeowner" grade but sold as commercial equipment, its anything but...

think Homelite brand or Ryobi, except they sell it to professionals who then take it out in the field and watch it fall apart before their eyes after 2 jobs
I ran a big orange hardware store for a few years, and the contractors used Ryobis for the job (they'd wear them out and charge the price of a new kit to the next ticket) and Dewalts at home.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
being a contractor for a lot of years myself and knowing many... I cant see how that would make any sense lol. Its not just how long they last the tools are not enjoyable to use, the actual operation sucks.

The quality tools are not that much more expensive.

use a ryobi to drive bolts for 8hrs and then pick up a commercial milwaulkee or makita and tell me how that feels.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
being a contractor for a lot of years myself and knowing many... I cant see how that would make any sense lol. Its not just how long they last the tools are not enjoyable to use, the actual operation sucks.

use a ryobi to drive bolts for 8hrs and then pick up a commercial milwaulkee or makita and tell me how that feels.
If somebody replaced my my walk Milwaukee with Ryobi. I would be so pissed I wouldn't even go to work. Somebody replace my snap on with Harbor Freight I would end up with charges pressed against me.

We're professionals we don't have time to deal with crappy tools. And anybody that suggest buying junk first isn't a professional.

It's better to buy used quality tools then to buy first hand frustration

now think of your customers experience while you're fooling around with a tool that doesn't work properly one call back pays for a better quality tool!

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Very true, our mytee spinner embarrassed us on a few occasions lol... actually its so poorly made it damaged a slate floor and almost cost me thousands more than the tool itself.

remember when the super awsome Mytee dri uph tool first came out and the razor sharp "glide" was ripping furniture?

our mytee dri lasted about 6 months before completely blowing up into pieces, our sapphire is going about 6 years strong not one issue.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Very true, our mytee spinner embarrassed us on a few occasions lol... actually its so poorly made it damaged a slate floor and almost cost me thousands more than the tool itself.
Yep that's why you could not get my Turbo Force away from me my experience with mytee is extremely upsetting they are a better marketing company then they are a manufacturer of equipment.
I am now very picky about where I get my equipment from for example I buy . Cross American Jaguar 8.4.
precision metalforming wand and upholstery tools. LOL and they make all the good ones that are out there that aren't plastic.
As far as gas TM's I like my good old Power Genesis built like a flipping tank.
I also love butlers because they're pretty much Unbreakable.
and I always rip all that heat exchanger crap off and put on a little giant heater because I don't like to think about where I'm getting heat from I just want it to work.

Our customer experience is incredibly valuable if you're always having to shut down and check on your stuff it is not worth it.

My wife and I were going over paperwork for the the last year we have not had a call back yet this year and we have done over 300 jobs and my business is doing better than I ever imagined. I wouldn't get that using mytee bad junk

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

A lot of my pro contractors were handing these Ryobis to guys that were temp labor at best - I have lost count of how many guys disappeared from the jobsite without returning the tools. So they bought cheap, knowing a bunch of them wouldn't survive beyond the job.

Had one of em come in furious because he backed over an impact driver with his truck, packing the vents full of red mud. Then his guys used it til it caught fire. He wanted a refund. We had a good laugh over that one.

I'm spoiled - my best friend is a woodworker, and everything he has in the woodshop is top notch. Grizzly table, Freud stacking dados, multiple lathes and routers and jigs, every toy you could imagine. I can't imagine using a miter saw anymore unless it's compound, sliding, double-bevel, hooked up to an in-house vacuum system, and will tell me how pretty I look today while I'm working.

I can't imagine using a cheap tool if it's a project I care about... but I can understand the contractors handing cheap tools to undocumented workers who weren't going to return them afterward.

Seaside

Nov 4, 2011
CA
Real Name
Brian Benson
Business Location
United States
I had a mytee and it worked meh for a while. Got a rotovac and haven't looked back. It is triggered but the trigger is softouch so holding it down isn't an issue. It has awesome suction and design. And the water flow is great. Highly recommend it. And price point is fair. If u ask for a demo model from rotovac they are like new and a lil cheaper than retail. They give u a week to use it, they said send it back for full refund if u don't like.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Johnny my lovie, I It's obvious he's had a hard time with his tool, and a harder time getting his problem remedied, and he's frustrated as heck. I would be too, if I were him!
Did Mama tell him he had a hard time with his tool?! That lady needs to write books!! I absolutely love this ladies posts.