Mytee vs EDIC Galaxy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 6, 2018
Real Name
Brad R
Hi all new to the forum but have been detailing cars and dabbling in carpet cleaning for 15+ years. I currently have an old 2003 Mytee 8007 unit which is still running strong and works amazing for cars and upholstery. That said I no longer detail cars for a living and use my carpet cleaner on my rental properties, which is where I find my Mytee not quite cutting it in the vacuum department. I went to my local carpet cleaning supply house who used to work on this unit to see if there was any larger motors I could fit and it just didn't look like it would. Which leads me to the Galaxy vs Mytee debate, I asked them what unit I could upgrade to, I was originally looking at a 1001dx-200 or 1003dx-200 and they recommended a Galaxy 2000ix-hr with heater. Does anyone have pros or cons on these units, I know EDIC's warranty is hard to beat, and this dealer who I have worked with for 15 years no longer carries Mytee at the store due to lackluster quality (their words) but will still service them if needed. The IX fits my needs I think, with 220 PSI, 2-3 stage vac 185" of lift and a 2000 watt heater. Looked at the JX but they recommend against it as it's an always on vs demand pump so it will save me a bit of weight and reduce power requirements a little.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Bro

Don't know if u mentioned it
But you can't clean rentals wo a scrubber

Best for rentals is a 175.....

The best tm in America can't clean rentals wo a scrubber...at least not correctly..

Look at posts from Jeff in houston....
He is an expert on rentals.....

Get a lite weight 175.....
Upgrade and tweak your chems.....

Then see about upgrading your portable..iom

Nov 6, 2018
Real Name
Brad R
Bro

Don't know if u mentioned it
But you can't clean rentals wo a scrubber

Best for rentals is a 175.....

The best tm in America can't clean rentals wo a scrubber...at least not correctly..

Look at posts from Jeff in houston....
He is an expert on rentals.....

Get a lite weight 175.....
Upgrade and tweak your chems.....

Then see about upgrading your portable..iom
For my needs I don't plan on getting a scrubber, there have been very few times I have needed it and since I own these properties and know when something major has happen I normally clean it up within a day. In the rare case I need a scrubber I either rent one or call a company with a TM and have them clean it. Since carpet cleaning isn't my main income I don't need the best just something reliable and won't leave the carpet wet for days.

Nov 6, 2018
Real Name
Brad R
New motors are not very expensive and can probably be installed in your unit. Depending on how old your Mytee is the motors have gotten better. If you have a couple of the old 2 stage motors you would get quite a boost with new motors.
My major issue is space, the current Mytee is a 8007 which is similar to the new 8070. When I opened it up the 3 stage thats in there now is taking up a lot of room and they even have a bumpout for it already. The new 3 Stage I looked at was about the same spec maybe a hair better... a dual vac unit seems like a better idea.

Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Hi all new to the forum but have been detailing cars and dabbling in carpet cleaning for 15+ years. I currently have an old 2003 Mytee 8007 unit which is still running strong and works amazing for cars and upholstery. That said I no longer detail cars for a living and use my carpet cleaner on my rental properties, which is where I find my Mytee not quite cutting it in the vacuum department. I went to my local carpet cleaning supply house who used to work on this unit to see if there was any larger motors I could fit and it just didn't look like it would. Which leads me to the Galaxy vs Mytee debate, I asked them what unit I could upgrade to, I was originally looking at a 1001dx-200 or 1003dx-200 and they recommended a Galaxy 2000ix-hr with heater. Does anyone have pros or cons on these units, I know EDIC's warranty is hard to beat, and this dealer who I have worked with for 15 years no longer carries Mytee at the store due to lackluster quality (their words) but will still service them if needed. The IX fits my needs I think, with 220 PSI, 2-3 stage vac 185" of lift and a 2000 watt heater. Looked at the JX but they recommend against it as it's an always on vs demand pump so it will save me a bit of weight and reduce power requirements a little.
the unit you have is basically a spotter machine,, the galaxy machine is pricey and will work, but for that money you could get a nautilus, but for bang for your bucks, get the Mytee with the lx motors and dont look back... If you are leaving the carpets too wet then , dry extract more....

In this case buy a new mytee and forget it.