Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have recently made several Spotlight videos. Here is the first. Enjoy!

Some points from Mytee's website;

The T-REX™ is the Ultimate in Total Rotary Extraction.
Say goodbye to traditional wand carpet cleaning and hello to the industries newest Total Rotary Extraction tool the T-REX.

the T-REX™ offers:

• 15″ Cleaning path
• Adjustable 60 – 160 RPM
• 6 vacuum slots
• High solution flow; 6 jets.
• Powerful electric motor
• Ambidextrous safety switch – prevents damage to near by objects
• Elevated, easy handle adjustment
• Clear swivel tube
• 2″ Cuff-Lynx™ hose connection with retainer (retainer keeps vacuum hose from getting in the way)
• Pigtail with detachable 25′ lighted power cord
• Swivel QD
• Permanently lubricated transmission
• Front handle for easy pick up
• Lightweight
• 6″ wheels
• Wrench is provided for easy hub removal

With the TREX – Total Rotary Extraction Tool – carpet cleaning has never been easier!

Lighted Power Cords
Lighted power cords indicator plug glows when the cord has power.

Cuff-Lynx™ Ready
Cuff-Lynx™ provide an easy connection for vacuum hoses.

Professional carpet cleaners... Say goodbye to traditional wand carpet cleaning and hello to the industries newest Total Rotary Extraction tool - the T-Rex. WIth the T-Rex, professional carpet cleaning has never been easier! 15" cleaning path, Adjustable 60 - 160 RPM, 6 vacuum slots, 6 jets for high solution flow, powerful electric motor, Pigtail with detachable 25' lighted power cord, Easy handle adjustments, Permanently lubricated transmission, Front handle for easy pick up, Lightweight (machine weight is 65 lbs, Cleaning head is 18 lbs), 6" Wheels, Wrench is provided for easy hub removal. Mytee offers a limited lifetime warranty.

***Mytee has released a new carpet cleaning head, the Flexstar T-REX. Designed for smooth operation on commercial glue-down carpets, the product also offers reduced chattering on low-profile carpets and it’s able to conform to irregular surfaces. It features six vacuum heads, all of which remain in contact with the carpet.

Member comments;

Alex Z (Deron06) *First and foremost let me clarify that the T Rex I received today was not a "freebie", so there is no need to be suspicious of favors affecting my review. For the sake of perspective, my first impressions of Hydramaster's RDM were very favorable, as they were for Rotovac's RV360i. The Sapphire WarHoss did not fare so well and took a lot of adjustments and modifications to get it to where I was happy with the performance.
As many of you know, I will be testing and writing a rotary shootout in the coming weeks, exclusively for TMF. I am writing this in consideration to those who want to know right now if the Mytee T- Rex is any good.

First of all, comes appearance. Should appearance matter? Yes, in fact it is extremely important because the way you market a rotary is to claim that it is "high end, exclusive" and therefore more expensive. If you are providing rotary cleaning for the same price as a wand cleaning, you are blowing it. Well, The T- Rex gets an A+ for appearance. It is the best looking rotary out there, even more impressive looking than an RX20. The RV360i is not impressive looking to customers at all and while the Sapphire Hoss looks more substantial than the puny RV360i, it looks too bland and industrial. It does not look expensive. The Mytee T- Rex is downright stunning.

Alex Z (Deron06) *I finally came across a filthy, light-colored carpet to gauge the T-Rex's cleaning ability in comparison to the other rotary machines. Up to this point, the T rex has cleaned faster than the other rotary machines but it has not faced a stage 3 filthy carpet until today. I have some pics as well as a video to share (finally figured out how to upload videos from my cell phone). The pics and videos do not do it justice but this is all I have. The T-Rex performed astoundingly well and further established itself as the best cleaning rotary in production, by a landslide. When we were finished, there wasn't even a trace of the filthy traffic lane pattern. You cannot tell by the pics but the carpet looked brand new, not only in cleanliness but in texture. The T-Rex also restores the carpet pile like nothing I have seen before. It is like cleaning and pile lifting simultaneously.

E *Lighted extension cord, awesome.

Not a fan of the threaded vac port. I have to have a standard vinyl cuff at the end of my vac hose for edging and detail work. Would be easy to figure something out, though.

May not like having the vac port on swivel either. Would have to work with it a few days.

Swivel solution connect, awesome...as long as it doesn't start to drip and leak fire-hot water all over leg.

Cleaning head, impressive. Hopefully will not have problems of the HOSS.

Being able to have 6 jets, awesome.

Variable speed on slide switch, awesome. But that switch looks really cheap. Dial on 360i drives me crazy.

Machine looks impressive. Looks really good. Might scratch up easy on that shiny metal. You'd have to take good care of this thing.

Could be a game changer if it doesn't chatter and it lasts more than a couple years.

Alex Z (Deron06) *I believe that the T- Rex is about 30 pounds heavier than the RV360i. The 360 is too light. Sure it is nice to carry a lightweight machine but it skips over carpet, chatters and is unstable because of the light weight. The RV also rides on top of the carpet while the T- Rex heads penetrate deeper into the pile for better water recovery. I was skeptical about this but I never had 1.5 hour dry times on my house carpets before, using any machine.
The T- Rex has a much stronger motor and gearbox than a rotovac so it weighs more. You simply cannot compare these two machines. The Mytee T-Rex is a much, much better machine. The T- Rex is more in line with what comes from Hydramaster; top quality machinery but it has several advantages over the RX20. I still cannot imagine any rotary beating a glided RX20 on CGD but I will try the T- Rex there as well. Even if it does not beat the RX20, I have to determine if it beats the RV360 or Hoss 700 on CGD.

Keep in mind that the RV360i still has its niche. It allows portable or small TM users to enjoy excellent cleaning results on par with any big TM. It has an excellent sight tube, variable speed and is nice to carry because of its light weight. However, it does not roll very nicely because of cheap wheels and a flexy, flimsy frame. The RX20 or T-Rex roll much more easily by comparison.

Alex Z (Deron06) *I am not a fan of the hose connection arrangement and I will be modifying mine. I also found the felt gasket to be too thick and I cut mine so that it was about half as thick. As delivered there was too much flex and I had a hard time getting it to seat correctly. The variable speed is excellent but it can be easily moved inadvertently while operating. It is not a big problem and it works very nicely. Water recovery was nothing short of astounding. John L. told me that the vac heads dig into the fiber and this allows them to pull out water that is deeper in the carpet pile than conventional heads. I will see if further testing reveals such excellent results but I had 1.5 hour dry times using my Mytee Escape. I also followed the T-Rex with the RDM and it did not pull out a drop. By comparison, using my ProChem Everest 650 and any of my rotaries or wand, I would get about 5 hour dry times. This is amazing to say the least but I will see if further testing reveals anything more in this area.
More information will be coming in the shootout but I will say this much; the Mytee T- Rex blows away the RV360i and I mean annihilates it. There isn't any comparison, whatsoever. The build and structural quality are in another class. The stability during operation is far better. Water recovery is better and the appearance is in another world compared to the cheapo looks of the RV360i. The only hope to hold off this machine is from Hydramaster and let me tell you, they are going to have a difficult task on their hands. The RDM remains the standard by which all residential rotaries are measured but even this glorious machine will have trouble matching up to the T- Rex in some ways.

Long term durability remains to be seen and I will be testing further and filling you in. Lets just say that the Mytee T- Rex came out of the gate like a young Mike Tyson and the first to land belly up were the RV360i and Hoss 700. Right off the bat, these two got knocked the f(_)ck out. I stand by this statement with all my reputation.

Alex Z (Deron06) *The vac slots look completely different from those on the RV360i. The one thing I like about the T Rex, just based on how it appears, is that it is cleaning underneath the entire head, whereas other rotary machines are only cleaning on the outside few inches of their heads. The T Rex's vac slots run the whole length underneath. I will see how it works in the shootout.

The Rv360i will be going head to head against the T Rex in our shootout and you cannot pull the wool over my eyes. I am one of the most, if not the most knowledgeable rotary operators in the country. I was the one who said what was wrong with the Hoss 700 when it first came out and took a lot of criticism for saying it. Who was right? I am the one who knows how to get the most out of the RDM and RX20 and I will be the one who breaks down all of these machines on TMF in the most glorious thread ever, "Battle of the Rotaries". Rotovac, you better come correct. If your machine is truly as good as you say it is, the shootout will reveal this. If not, well, you will have to eat crow. You might want to consider sending me a 4 head unit if you expect it to compete well against the others when being powered by the Everest 650. If your company cannot afford to be so generous, I can return the unit to Crown in Orlando after the shootout is completed. I have 4 RX20's and they will all be set up differently. RDM's are out production but will be included anyway. The Hoss will be tested as it comes from Sapphire, with some full length nozzles and some staggered. The T Rex is on the way this week and it will not be shown any favoritism, whatsoever. If it does not perform well, Mytee and their monster will have to go back to the drawing board. If it beats out the competition, TMF members will be the first to know.

This will be the mother of all shootouts, shown exclusively on TMF. I am getting myself so riled up, I might just put Nitrous Oxide on my Everest.

Last edited:

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
Rob, how about mentioning who wrote all of that text that you quoted?

As a follow up, this is what we have learned about the T Rex since early on when I evaluated it. The early models had chrome peeling issues on the gearbox but have otherwise been bulletproof, except for some possible issues with the rotary union leaking. On CGD carpet, the RX20 proved superior UNTIL Mytee responded by producing an amazing CGD head, which has 6 shock absorber vac heads, made out of machined stainless steel.

At the present time, the T Rex is embarrassing the competition and except for a feeble by Rotovac, the others have not even responded by improving their machines. Mytee has fast hands and not only seems to land the first punch but then comes back with flurries to finish off the KO. Like I said, reminiscent of a young Mike Tyson.

Excellent video production, Rob. You are so good at this sort of thing.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I have recently made several Spotlight videos. Here is the first. Enjoy!

Some points from Mytee's website;

The T-REX™ is the Ultimate in Total Rotary Extraction.
Say goodbye to traditional wand carpet cleaning and hello to the industries newest Total Rotary Extraction tool the T-REX.

the T-REX™ offers:

• 15″ Cleaning path
• Adjustable 60 – 160 RPM
• 6 vacuum slots
• High solution flow; 6 jets.
• Powerful electric motor
• Ambidextrous safety switch – prevents damage to near by objects
• Elevated, easy handle adjustment
• Clear swivel tube
• 2″ Cuff-Lynx™ hose connection with retainer (retainer keeps vacuum hose from getting in the way)
• Pigtail with detachable 25′ lighted power cord
• Swivel QD
• Permanently lubricated transmission
• Front handle for easy pick up
• Lightweight
• 6″ wheels
• Wrench is provided for easy hub removal

With the TREX – Total Rotary Extraction Tool – carpet cleaning has never been easier!

Lighted Power Cords
Lighted power cords indicator plug glows when the cord has power.

Cuff-Lynx™ Ready
Cuff-Lynx™ provide an easy connection for vacuum hoses.

Professional carpet cleaners... Say goodbye to traditional wand carpet cleaning and hello to the industries newest Total Rotary Extraction tool - the T-Rex. WIth the T-Rex, professional carpet cleaning has never been easier! 15" cleaning path, Adjustable 60 - 160 RPM, 6 vacuum slots, 6 jets for high solution flow, powerful electric motor, Pigtail with detachable 25' lighted power cord, Easy handle adjustments, Permanently lubricated transmission, Front handle for easy pick up, Lightweight (machine weight is 65 lbs, Cleaning head is 18 lbs), 6" Wheels, Wrench is provided for easy hub removal. Mytee offers a limited lifetime warranty.

***Mytee has released a new carpet cleaning head, the Flexstar T-REX. Designed for smooth operation on commercial glue-down carpets, the product also offers reduced chattering on low-profile carpets and it’s able to conform to irregular surfaces. It features six vacuum heads, all of which remain in contact with the carpet.

Member comments;

*First and foremost let me clarify that the T Rex I received today was not a "freebie", so there is no need to be suspicious of favors affecting my review. For the sake of perspective, my first impressions of Hydramaster's RDM were very favorable, as they were for Rotovac's RV360i. The Sapphire WarHoss did not fare so well and took a lot of adjustments and modifications to get it to where I was happy with the performance.
As many of you know, I will be testing and writing a rotary shootout in the coming weeks, exclusively for TMF. I am writing this in consideration to those who want to know right now if the Mytee T- Rex is any good.

First of all, comes appearance. Should appearance matter? Yes, in fact it is extremely important because the way you market a rotary is to claim that it is "high end, exclusive" and therefore more expensive. If you are providing rotary cleaning for the same price as a wand cleaning, you are blowing it. Well, The T- Rex gets an A+ for appearance. It is the best looking rotary out there, even more impressive looking than an RX20. The RV360i is not impressive looking to customers at all and while the Sapphire Hoss looks more substantial than the puny RV360i, it looks too bland and industrial. It does not look expensive. The Mytee T- Rex is downright stunning.

*I finally came across a filthy, light-colored carpet to gauge the T-Rex's cleaning ability in comparison to the other rotary machines. Up to this point, the T rex has cleaned faster than the other rotary machines but it has not faced a stage 3 filthy carpet until today. I have some pics as well as a video to share (finally figured out how to upload videos from my cell phone). The pics and videos do not do it justice but this is all I have. The T-Rex performed astoundingly well and further established itself as the best cleaning rotary in production, by a landslide. When we were finished, there wasn't even a trace of the filthy traffic lane pattern. You cannot tell by the pics but the carpet looked brand new, not only in cleanliness but in texture. The T-Rex also restores the carpet pile like nothing I have seen before. It is like cleaning and pile lifting simultaneously.

*Lighted extension cord, awesome.

Not a fan of the threaded vac port. I have to have a standard vinyl cuff at the end of my vac hose for edging and detail work. Would be easy to figure something out, though.

May not like having the vac port on swivel either. Would have to work with it a few days.

Swivel solution connect, awesome...as long as it doesn't start to drip and leak fire-hot water all over leg.

Cleaning head, impressive. Hopefully will not have problems of the HOSS.

Being able to have 6 jets, awesome.

Variable speed on slide switch, awesome. But that switch looks really cheap. Dial on 360i drives me crazy.

Machine looks impressive. Looks really good. Might scratch up easy on that shiny metal. You'd have to take good care of this thing.

Could be a game changer if it doesn't chatter and it lasts more than a couple years.

*I believe that the T- Rex is about 30 pounds heavier than the RV360i. The 360 is too light. Sure it is nice to carry a lightweight machine but it skips over carpet, chatters and is unstable because of the light weight. The RV also rides on top of the carpet while the T- Rex heads penetrate deeper into the pile for better water recovery. I was skeptical about this but I never had 1.5 hour dry times on my house carpets before, using any machine.
The T- Rex has a much stronger motor and gearbox than a rotovac so it weighs more. You simply cannot compare these two machines. The Mytee T-Rex is a much, much better machine. The T- Rex is more in line with what comes from Hydramaster; top quality machinery but it has several advantages over the RX20. I still cannot imagine any rotary beating a glided RX20 on CGD but I will try the T- Rex there as well. Even if it does not beat the RX20, I have to determine if it beats the RV360 or Hoss 700 on CGD.

Keep in mind that the RV360i still has its niche. It allows portable or small TM users to enjoy excellent cleaning results on par with any big TM. It has an excellent sight tube, variable speed and is nice to carry because of its light weight. However, it does not roll very nicely because of cheap wheels and a flexy, flimsy frame. The RX20 or T-Rex roll much more easily by comparison.

*I am not a fan of the hose connection arrangement and I will be modifying mine. I also found the felt gasket to be too thick and I cut mine so that it was about half as thick. As delivered there was too much flex and I had a hard time getting it to seat correctly. The variable speed is excellent but it can be easily moved inadvertently while operating. It is not a big problem and it works very nicely. Water recovery was nothing short of astounding. John L. told me that the vac heads dig into the fiber and this allows them to pull out water that is deeper in the carpet pile than conventional heads. I will see if further testing reveals such excellent results but I had 1.5 hour dry times using my Mytee Escape. I also followed the T-Rex with the RDM and it did not pull out a drop. By comparison, using my ProChem Everest 650 and any of my rotaries or wand, I would get about 5 hour dry times. This is amazing to say the least but I will see if further testing reveals anything more in this area.
More information will be coming in the shootout but I will say this much; the Mytee T- Rex blows away the RV360i and I mean annihilates it. There isn't any comparison, whatsoever. The build and structural quality are in another class. The stability during operation is far better. Water recovery is better and the appearance is in another world compared to the cheapo looks of the RV360i. The only hope to hold off this machine is from Hydramaster and let me tell you, they are going to have a difficult task on their hands. The RDM remains the standard by which all residential rotaries are measured but even this glorious machine will have trouble matching up to the T- Rex in some ways.

Long term durability remains to be seen and I will be testing further and filling you in. Lets just say that the Mytee T- Rex came out of the gate like a young Mike Tyson and the first to land belly up were the RV360i and Hoss 700. Right off the bat, these two got knocked the f(_)ck out. I stand by this statement with all my reputation.

*The vac slots look completely different from those on the RV360i. The one thing I like about the T Rex, just based on how it appears, is that it is cleaning underneath the entire head, whereas other rotary machines are only cleaning on the outside few inches of their heads. The T Rex's vac slots run the whole length underneath. I will see how it works in the shootout.

The Rv360i will be going head to head against the T Rex in our shootout and you cannot pull the wool over my eyes. I am one of the most, if not the most knowledgeable rotary operators in the country. I was the one who said what was wrong with the Hoss 700 when it first came out and took a lot of criticism for saying it. Who was right? I am the one who knows how to get the most out of the RDM and RX20 and I will be the one who breaks down all of these machines on TMF in the most glorious thread ever, "Battle of the Rotaries". Rotovac, you better come correct. If your machine is truly as good as you say it is, the shootout will reveal this. If not, well, you will have to eat crow. You might want to consider sending me a 4 head unit if you expect it to compete well against the others when being powered by the Everest 650. If your company cannot afford to be so generous, I can return the unit to Crown in Orlando after the shootout is completed. I have 4 RX20's and they will all be set up differently. RDM's are out production but will be included anyway. The Hoss will be tested as it comes from Sapphire, with some full length nozzles and some staggered. The T Rex is on the way this week and it will not be shown any favoritism, whatsoever. If it does not perform well, Mytee and their monster will have to go back to the drawing board. If it beats out the competition, TMF members will be the first to know.

This will be the mother of all shootouts, shown exclusively on TMF. I am getting myself so riled up, I might just put Nitrous Oxide on my Everest.
Very cool vid!

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob, how about mentioning who wrote all of that text that you quoted?
Done. And if any past comments that someone wants added please PM them to me so future embers can have all the information possible to make an educated buying decision.

Reactions: suncarpet

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
I would like to hear what @suncarpet has to say about it, because he is the man of RV360i.
I think will be a great input.
I loved the video. Unit looks awesome. If I ever had to buy a new rotary I would definitely consider it. Seven Jets, five vacuum slots, lots of water movement. Looks like an amazing tool.

Deron06

Deron
Premium VIP
Sep 25, 2010
Real Name
Deron Najarian
Business Location
United States
I loved the video. Unit looks awesome. If I ever had to buy a new rotary I would definitely consider it. Seven Jets, five vacuum slots, lots of water movement. Looks like an amazing tool.
6 jets, 6 vac heads.....

extremecarpet

Jun 1, 2011
visalia,ca.
www.extreme-carpetcleaning.com
Real Name
gustavo luna
Business Location
United States
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1412534123.517320.jpg

Goy T REX 3 months ago
ImageUploadedByTMF Forums1412534166.455821.jpg