Mytee T-Rex Total Rotary Extractor

JDinAZ

Oct 26, 2018
Real Name
Josh DiGiovanni
There is a used one in my area that I am looking at-- any feedback on this model?

Also would like input on wand v rotary cleaning and what you prefer.

Thanks.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Mytee T-Rex is the best rotary extractor. Better that Rotovac and RX-20. I've had a RX-20, and Rotovac 360i and sold them both. Now I have a T-Rex Jr and love it. Hopefully the one your buying has brush head. Brush head works great on nasty carpet.

You don't need to use a rotary extractor on every job. Use a wand on the nicer jobs, because it's faster. Use rotary extractor on the nasties. They both have there place. You need both !!!!

Do you have a CRB ? It's a must have for residential carpet cleaning in my opinion.

Last edited:

JDinAZ

Oct 26, 2018
Real Name
Josh DiGiovanni
Mytee T-Rex is the best rotary extractor. Better that Rotovac and RX-20. I've had a RX-20, and Rotovac 360i and sold them both. Now I have a T-Rex Jr and love it. Hopefully the one your buying has brush head. Brush head works great on nasty carpet.

You don't need to use a rotary extractor on every job. Use a wand on the nicer jobs, because it's faster. Use rotary extractor on the nasties. They both have there place. You need both !!!!

Do you have a CRB ? It's a must have for residential carpet cleaning in my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback, I am fairly new to this industry and am building my arsenal. I do not have a CRB yet, but majority of my work is residential- I have been successful with agitation and a wand on most jobs but am looking to make my life as easy as possible with the proper tools.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I have the T-REX Jr, but it's the same. Just smaller than the TRex.
It works great and is built better than Rotovac. In my opinion. RX-20 is built very good, but can't do the job that T-REX does, with the brush head. Need that brush head.

CRB is best used on residential carpet. Incredible results scrubbing your prespray with a CRB, and then rinsing with your wand.

Reactions: JDinAZ

JDinAZ

Oct 26, 2018
Real Name
Josh DiGiovanni
I have the T-REX Jr, but it's the same. Just smaller than the TRex.
It works great and is built better than Rotovac. In my opinion. RX-20 is built very good, but can't do the job that T-REX does, with the brush head. Need that brush head.

CRB is best used on residential carpet. Incredible results scrubbing your prespray with a CRB, and then rinsing with your wand.
Awesome- thanks- so when do you prefer the rotary?..

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I use my T REX Jr on unoccupied (no furniture) trashed carpet. I only use it a few times a year. I mostly use a CRB to scrub in my prespray and then rinse with a wand. I have a 10'' and 15'' CRB.

JDinAZ

Oct 26, 2018
Real Name
Josh DiGiovanni
I use my T REX Jr on unoccupied (no furniture) trashed carpet. I only use it a few times a year. I mostly use a CRB to scrub in my prespray and then rinse with a wand. I have a 10'' and 15'' CRB.
Good thing u mentioned the brush head for the rotary-- they arent cheap if it isnt included!!!

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
If the head you get doesn't have the brushes. You can buy just the brushes and put them on. Very easy.

Part number A129 Carpet Brush Add On - but still about $190.00

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
If the head you get doesn't have the brushes. You can buy just the brushes and put them on. Very easy.

Part number A129 Carpet Brush Add On - but still about $190.00
Did you ever use the brush head for the Rotovac?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yes I had a Rotovac brush head and used it on my 360i.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Did you ever use the brush head for the Rotovac?
I sold my Rotovac 360i a few years ago. Now I have a Mytee T-Rex Jr. I only use the brush head. It works great. I rarely use the T-Rex Jr, but when I do it's used on trashed carpet. Mostly rental properties with no furniture. I usually use a CRB and then wand.

Last edited:

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
There is a used one in my area that I am looking at-- any feedback on this model?

Also would like input on wand v rotary cleaning and what you prefer.

Thanks.
The T-Rex line is king of rotaries. Built solid and kick dirt's ass and great water recovery.

If anyone tells you otherwise, block them...you don't need that kind of negativity in your life.