Mytee products

Kevidence

Aug 18, 2018
Real Name
Kevin
So I have been a Director of Environmental services for the second largest cleaning company in the world, as well as other nursing homes for over 12 years. If you ask me about vacuums my answer will always be CLARKE or Windsor. Same for tile care machines. They are just animals and refuse to die in my opinion. Then Rubbermaid for almost every general purpose cleaning tool. However, as I have seen through the years, even these large facilities are using less than 20 amp carpet extractors, and when you look at the specs, its basically a way over priced Rug doctor. I am going into Business for myself. (tired of workin for the man, haha) Doing general housekeeping and carpet extraction. I imagine a Truck mount would most likely give me the best results, but i'm just not willing to pony up the cash for a business venture that may very well fail. This is my first post so I cant post any URL's as per the site policy. However, I am pretty sold on the MYtee carpet extractors. Given what I have read it would be a wise choice to get an electrical conversion kit to hook up to stove or dryer? Right? Has anyone had experience with these products, and are they any good? Durability? I'm looking into the contractors special 2002-cs230. If the business takes off I would eventually upgrade, but for starting out what would you suggest? Thanks everyone.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
So I have been a Director of Environmental services for the second largest cleaning company in the world, as well as other nursing homes for over 12 years. If you ask me about vacuums my answer will always be CLARKE or Windsor. Same for tile care machines. They are just animals and refuse to die in my opinion. Then Rubbermaid for almost every general purpose cleaning tool. However, as I have seen through the years, even these large facilities are using less than 20 amp carpet extractors, and when you look at the specs, its basically a way over priced Rug doctor. I am going into Business for myself. (tired of workin for the man, haha) Doing general housekeeping and carpet extraction. I imagine a Truck mount would most likely give me the best results, but i'm just not willing to pony up the cash for a business venture that may very well fail. This is my first post so I cant post any URL's as per the site policy. However, I am pretty sold on the MYtee carpet extractors. Given what I have read it would be a wise choice to get an electrical conversion kit to hook up to stove or dryer? Right? Has anyone had experience with these products, and are they any good? Durability? I'm looking into the contractors special 2002-cs230. If the business takes off I would eventually upgrade, but for starting out what would you suggest? Thanks everyone.

Mytee makes good machines. I have one for jobs I can’t do with my truckmount.

Before deciding on what machine to get let me ask you this.... what type of carpet are you going to be cleaning? It sounds like you do a lot of commercial work. Will you continue to pursue commercial or are you looking to do residential cleaning? The answer to this will depend on what equipment will serve you best.

Kevidence

Aug 18, 2018
Real Name
Kevin
Mytee makes good machines. I have one for jobs I can’t do with my truckmount.

Before deciding on what machine to get let me ask you this.... what type of carpet are you going to be cleaning? It sounds like you do a lot of commercial work. Will you continue to pursue commercial or are you looking to do residential cleaning? The answer to this will depend on what equipment will serve you best.
To be honest I'm going to advertise for residential. i'm in upstate NY, all the commercial buildings are as good as gone, and if they are in my radius, like 30 mins away which is fine, someone lowballed the quote and got in and they wouldn't even take the time to let me give them a free estimate. I even told an owner of an advertisement building who I have talked to several times outside of work, to tell your cleaners to take the day off and ill come in and do a free cleaning and if its not better than at least you got a free cleaning. The building, had visible dust, carpets nasty etc. still wouldn't take it. So residential it is! haha

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Ok. Then a Mytee portable is a good way to go. HWE (hot water extraction aka “steam cleaning”) is generally a better method for residential cleaning. Portables are a good way to start but I recommend working towards a truckmount as your business grows. Both will Clean just fine, a truckmount is much more efficient though allowing you to do more work every day. At first that doesn’t matter but the time will come that you will need to be more efficient with your time.

I’d look at a portable with an adjustable psi pump. I like the new Cat or General Pumps, they are closer to being like a truckmount pump than the old model electric pumps. Also be sure your machine has an auto pump out and auto fill. This way you can Work continuously instead of having to stop every 5 minutes to dump and fill the machine.

Kevidence

Aug 18, 2018
Real Name
Kevin
Ok. Then a Mytee portable is a good way to go. HWE (hot water extraction aka “steam cleaning”) is generally a better method for residential cleaning. Portables are a good way to start but I recommend working towards a truckmount as your business grows. Both will Clean just fine, a truckmount is much more efficient though allowing you to do more work every day. At first that doesn’t matter but the time will come that you will need to be more efficient with your time.

I’d look at a portable with an adjustable psi pump. I like the new Cat or General Pumps, they are closer to being like a truckmount pump than the old model electric pumps. Also be sure your machine has an auto pump out and auto fill. This way you can Work continuously instead of having to stop every 5 minutes to dump and fill the machine.
Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the advice Todd.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
IMG_3243.JPG

I'm primarily a TM guy. But Mytee has a new and very powerful portable modular set up. With 50' of vacuum hose it seems to have as much suction as my TM at 150'. The pump also goes up to 1,200 psi so you can do tile and grout as well. Nothing weighs more then 50 pounds either. Here's a link to my portable set up. https://www.truckmountforums.com/th...rsatile-set-up-yet.127672/page-4#post-1712572

This set up also auto fill and auto dump.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I started off with an older model 1003 Dx, great machine! It has heaters and a modified auto fill with chemical metering.
I bought mine with an air hog booster for cleaning multiple story town homes.

For someone starting out, mytee is a great bang for the buck value! (Maybe the most).

My recommendation for versatility is the mytee 1005 lx. Absolutely a perfect size in weight and mobility.
The only thing it lacks is the automatic pump out.
It may take serious modifications to add a pump out. Auto fill would be an easier mod.

Reactions: Fedri

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I started off with an older model 1003 Dx, great machine! It has heaters and a modified auto fill with chemical metering.

For someone starting out, mytee is a great bang for the buck value! (Maybe the most).

My recommendation for versatility is the mytee 1005 lx. Absolutely a perfect size in weight and mobility.
It may take serious modifications to add a pump out. Auto fill would be an easier mod.

Reactions: Kevidence

Kevidence

Aug 18, 2018
Real Name
Kevin

I took a look at your recommendation. It seems like a great machine but it has no heat? Or am I reading something incorrect?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I took a look at your recommendation. It seems like a great machine but it has no heat? Or am I reading something incorrect?

You give up suction for electric heat. Skip the heat with portable or add a Little Giant for propane heat.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
The 1005 does not have heat. You can try the Mytee Hot turbo 2400 watt heater, that's what I use.

Propane heat is for guys that like to leave the machine in the truck and run a portable/ truckmount style!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have the mytee 1005dx and love it because it is easy to load and unload because of its weight and size and not to mention it has a compact tray for condos. I have installed the dema auto fill by myself (easy install) with a chemical injection, the auto dump that I got installed by someone who knows what he is doing here at my local carpet cleaning store. This machine is really strong, it has no elbows to decrease any cfm. I am at 100ft of hose with no issues with good water recovery.

Have a look at the picture and you will notice how the vac motors are plugged directly to the waist tank, no 90deg elbows to decrease the airflow. I also own 2 rotovac cfx for this same reason, extremely great water recovery. Highly recommended.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 206