(Mytee) Portables in Canada Help, Carpet and T&G.

CleanB

Feb 20, 2021
Real Name
Bee
Hi all,
So I've been doing some research on the new equipment I want and have settled on one particular company for most things.
And that's about where the troubles began... My plan was a Mytee LTD12-LX plus the Hot Twin Turbo, T-handle spinner and some extras as I do carpet and a lot of tile/grout. Unfortunately for me none of my local distributors carry this equipment and when asked about sourcing it for me I got turned down or didn't hear back. I've reached out to a few people and haven't really gotten anywhere, except that I might have to watch the power consumption of what the machines draw compared to what the breakers are able to handle here.
If anyone has any input on the use of these machines in Canada and how to source one, or a close alternative to make this work, I'd be gladly appreciative.

Thank you!

Reactions: Canada-Eh

Austin Robertson

Aug 6, 2020
Real Name
Austin Robertson
Have you seen Mytee's distributor Map? They have official distributors that should be able to help with anything you need ordered. And do you plan to run a generator? With the LX vacuums it's definitely possible to leave the unit out in your van or at the door so you don't have to bother finding a 20 amp circuit. https://www.mytee.com/support/find-distributors/

Reactions: Fedri and CleanB

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Hi all,
So I've been doing some research on the new equipment I want and have settled on one particular company for most things.
And that's about where the troubles began... My plan was a Mytee LTD12-LX plus the Hot Twin Turbo, T-handle spinner and some extras as I do carpet and a lot of tile/grout. Unfortunately for me none of my local distributors carry this equipment and when asked about sourcing it for me I got turned down or didn't hear back. I've reached out to a few people and haven't really gotten anywhere, except that I might have to watch the power consumption of what the machines draw compared to what the breakers are able to handle here.
If anyone has any input on the use of these machines in Canada and how to source one, or a close alternative to make this work, I'd be gladly appreciative.

Thank you!
@Fedri

Reactions: Fedri

CleanB

Feb 20, 2021
Real Name
Bee
Yes, first place I tried was the distributors in my area. Some I never heard back from and others turned me down (would only sell the stock they had, not order the specific items I was looking for). So I didn't find that very useful.
I was planning on brining the machine into the homes and not using a generator as my budget was already too close without that considered, but depending on the route I have to take now and total cost of everything I might be able to swing that. It would be a nicer set up for me, I was mostly worried about the length of hose I could run. I use a pickup truck and most of my work is homes and towns, with some apt or condo work. Average for houses and towns is usually all three or four floors, 1500-6000sq.ft. carpet and grout.

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Unless you get a killer cheap deal
Or
If You’re perfectly capable of diagnosing faults replacing vac motors/water pumps at your own cost, trouble shooting and having no warranty
Then get the Mytee you desire

If it’s normal price and you’re not capable of trouble shooting/replacing components and IF you want warranty
Then you’re bound by what people want to sell you local...

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
Don’t buy everything from one supplier, just because it all matches colour etc
Just because mytee makes a good portable doesn’t mean they make a good tile spinner....

Pick the eyes out of what is available local

CleanB

Feb 20, 2021
Real Name
Bee
Appreciate the input!
Would probably do all the work on the machines myself regardless of what it is or where it comes from.

Hahaha, oh but the matching colours are so nice! ;)

Originally it was just to get everything back up and going quickly and smoothly until I can get some more cash saved for better equipment I already had in mind. And it's rather hard to find the appropriate equipment here and thought that would be my best chance, apparently not...

Tried various other brands and distributors as well in my search and just finding something I need/want here is next to impossible.
I'm definitely open to other equipment manufacturers as long as they're within budget and up to the job / reliable enough...not to mention available lol

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hi, I am from the Toronto Ontario area, I got lots of mytee equipment. where about are you located?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Unless you get a killer cheap deal
Or
If You’re perfectly capable of diagnosing faults replacing vac motors/water pumps at your own cost, trouble shooting and having no warranty
Then get the Mytee you desire

If it’s normal price and you’re not capable of trouble shooting/replacing components and IF you want warranty
Then you’re bound by what people want to sell you local...

Don’t put all your eggs in one basket
Don’t buy everything from one supplier, just because it all matches colour etc
Just because mytee makes a good portable doesn’t mean they make a good tile spinner....

Pick the eyes out of what is available local
Absolutely bro, I bought the turbo force, th40 12 inches, and I love it. I have always used a tile wand. The turbo force is easier on my body.

Canada-Eh

Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
coswaysupply.com
Real Name
Kenny Cosway
Business Location
Canada
Hi all,

Thank you!
Hey so how did you end up making out with this setup?