Mytee LX Vac Motors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Jim
Why can't you test your scooter with the LX motors at 50 and 100" like the OP did in the video ? Seems like he simply tested at the wand thru a cuff or similar ..no drilling in the wand head. Maybe not Mytees but you can certainly replicate Johnnys.
funny thing is, putting a lift gauge in the head of a wand isn't going to give you a different number than putting it inline by the wand handle...lift is lift. it will be similar throughout the system while operating.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Russ, I believe that it's going to be very similar. It builds from the tank and moves forward, with similar enough readings at both ends of the wand. The lift at the plenum I would say is the most important, after that cfm's do the bulk of the legwork. Having a system from the floor to the tank that capitalizes on that is in the details.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
funny thing is, putting a lift gauge in the head of a wand isn't going to give you a different number than putting it inline by the wand handle...lift is lift. it will be similar throughout the system while operating.
Thanks Russ I tried to tag you.
How about the lift gauge attached to the recovery tank like a TM ? Do the numbers go down with the wand sealed to the carpet ? @Jim Davisson

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I believe if you want to know what is going on at the wand put it as close as possible. Here's my LX's lift after burn time. Single section of 100' of hose. View attachment 75692
Do you have a Lift gauge on your TM for comparison for close to the wand ? I have toyed with the idea of installing a lift gauge on my ETM for years to monitor performence.
180-185 " is what I have ATM. Wand not sealed. 320 CFM.
8" of snow I won't be testing at 100-150" (sealed) outside anytime soon.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Do you have a Lift gauge on your TM for comparison for close to the wand ? I have toyed with the idea of installing a lift gauge on my ETM for years to monitor performence.
180-185 " is what I have ATM. Wand not sealed. 320 CFM.
8" of snow I won't be testing at 100-150" (sealed) outside anytime soon.
I do have a gauge on my CDS, but when I compared the CDS to my Scooter I only used the readings at the wand.

I cleaned 10,000 of a 16,000 job today with my Scooter running a 100' continuous section of vacuum hose. After 2 hours I had to put a hose cuff on the end and let it leak a tiny bit, the wand was locking down so hard it was really fatiguing.

Qwikdry

Dec 2, 2012
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Thanks Russ I tried to tag you.
How about the lift gauge attached to the recovery tank like a TM ? Do the numbers go down with the wand sealed to the carpet ? @Jim Davisson
yes, the numbers do go down with wand sealed. i have seen my guage at over 10HG with the wand sitting on the carpet. if i were to move it i am sure it would go down. i have a vacuum gauge on my truckmount as well as i just got a seperate one for bringing close to the wand. i am going to do some testing with the gauge inline close to the wand handle while cleaning.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I got a chance for a great comparison with the LX motors vs a urai 45 blower @ 3600 RPM. We started @ 9 am in the 7000ft² gym and we shared the TM solution line on the test area for as close of a comparison as possible. The TM had a 6 flow wand and the portable a 7. Both using 100' and both have an uncloggable cyclone filter inside the waste tank (my brother prefers a 14" AW-29 for his height, I'm running a WP 10-0550). Overall dry times were virtually identical when I left at 5 pm, initially the LX's dried in the center portion of the wand pass faster, overlapped area's were about the same for both. My impression is while the TM has considerably more cfm's and both have almost identical lift, there was no difference in cleaning speed or drying time between the two. When we switched, we both felt the LX's made the wand harder to push. Take all the above for what it's worth, but I thought it was interesting enough results to share.
20180212_095844.jpg

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I got a chance for a great comparison with the LX motors vs a urai 45 blower @ 3600 RPM. We started @ 9 am in the 7000ft² gym and we shared the TM solution line on the test area for as close of a comparison as possible. The TM had a 6 flow wand and the portable a 7. Both using 100' and both have an uncloggable cyclone filter inside the waste tank (my brother prefers a 14" AW-29 for his height, I'm running a WP 10-0550). Overall dry times were virtually identical when I left at 5 pm, initially the LX's dried in the center portion of the wand pass faster, overlapped area's were about the same for both. My impression is while the TM has considerably more cfm's and both have almost identical lift, there was no difference in cleaning speed or drying time between the two. When we switched, we both felt the LX's made the wand harder to push. Take all the above for what it's worth, but I thought it was interesting enough results to share. View attachment 75710
You need a SS Zipper !

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I do have a gauge on my CDS, but when I compared the CDS to my Scooter I only used the readings at the wand.

I cleaned 10,000 of a 16,000 job today with my Scooter running a 100' continuous section of vacuum hose. After 2 hours I had to put a hose cuff on the end and let it leak a tiny bit, the wand was locking down so hard it was really fatiguing.
Jim - @Qwikdry Russ
Like to see the difference with your TMs . Sealed wand , Vacuum gauge at TM vs hand held at wand 50 -100' . curious to see if there's any drop. In theory there shouldn't be .

Oct 20, 2011
mn
www.wecleanworldwide.com
Real Name
jonathon allgood
Business Location
United States
My numbers were with the wand spraying and moving. None of my tests, whether it was short hose runs, long, 2 inch hose or 1.5 inch, resulted in better lift from the 6.6 in series vs the 8.4 in series. All my measurements were taken at the cuff before the wand. What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My numbers were with the wand spraying and moving. None of my tests, whether it was short hose runs, long, 2 inch hose or 1.5 inch, resulted in better lift from the 6.6 in series vs the 8.4 in series. All my measurements were taken at the cuff before the wand. What am I doing wrong?
I don't think your going to get the LX's in series to beat the lift of the 8.4's in series. Where the LX's will step up is in longer hose runs. The 8.4's in series have a Max of 145-150 cfm by most accounts. The LX's are around 215+ by most accounts while maintaining really good lift on just two cords.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I don't think your going to get the LX's in series to beat the lift of the 8.4's in series. Where the LX's will step up is in longer hose runs. The 8.4's in series have a Max of 145-150 cfm by most accounts. The LX's are around 215+ by most accounts while maintaining really good lift on just two cords.
If what you are saying is true Jim then lxs are better overall because of higher cfm when comparing both 8.4 vs lx in series. How about comparing 8.4 in parallel vs 6.6lx in series? 8.4 might be the winner because of higher cfm, I think dual 8.4 in parallel will produce about 280 cfm according to manufacture.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am more of a cfm guy then lift. If I have ok lift lets say 10-12 mercury(I get this with my mytee 1005 high powered 3 stage 5.7s) but a lot higher cfm I know I can go 75ft-100 ft easily and get great drying times.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
You didn't do anything wrong.

But.......I think something that is being overlooked by many when comparing 6.6 vs 8.4, is EXACTLY which 8.4" motor is being used.

Just like there have always been many different choices in 5.7" motors with different specs, as well as 6.6" motors in different specs, there are many different 8.4" motors.

These LX motors are a good example that no two motors of the same size are should be considered equal.

I have been looking a little bit more at 8.4" motors, and although the majority of them don't seem to offer much increase over many 6.6", and especially not the new LX motors, there are a few 8.4"s with some big performance numbers.

There are even 1-stage 8.4"s.

I would guess most 8.4's being compared are 2-stage motors.

So.....what 8.4"s ya got?

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
You didn't do anything wrong.

But.......I think something that is being overlooked by many when comparing 6.6 vs 8.4, is EXACTLY which 8.4" motor is being used.

Just like there have always been many different choices in 5.7" motors with different specs, as well as 6.6" motors in different specs, there are many different 8.4" motors.

These LX motors are a good example that no two motors of the same size are should be considered equal.

I have been looking a little bit more at 8.4" motors, and although the majority of them don't seem to offer much increase over many 6.6", and especially not the new LX motors, there are a few 8.4"s with some big performance numbers.

There are even 1-stage 8.4"s.

I would guess most 8.4's being compared are 2-stage motors.

So.....what 8.4"s ya got?
I believe those 1 stage 8.4s are 240 vts . Change the windings for a 120vt. version and maybe alter the fan ; probally end up with 10-15% increase over the 6.6 LX. Slightly less amp but more air watts.
8.4s are huge and will not fit many clam shells.
Standard 8.4s in series or paralell perform very well . Numbers may not add up to the LX but like the standard 6.6s they have proofed thier worth over the years.

Latest posts