Mytee LX Vac Motors

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
Here's the LX's ametek #122628-17, not sure if any information is available on them just yet, elsewhere on the web.
Hey Jim...I'm sitting w 2 brand new lx 6.6s.. and my hg gauge is saying 5 hgs on both of them...but the zx I just got in the box is at 10 hg on same exact dial ...what's going on here

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
My take on it would be ...
We never got data sheets for the LX , 5hg sounds about right for a single stage , hence why they are only supposed to be used in series .
The ZX on the other hand is probably just a renamed standard two stage 6.6 with some marketing spin attached .

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Hey Jim...I'm sitting w 2 brand new lx 6.6s.. and my hg gauge is saying 5 hgs on both of them...but the zx I just got in the box is at 10 hg on same exact dial ...what's going on here

You will get 8" hg on broken in (15 hours run time) LX's solo mission. Put the zx behind the lx and you will get 16" hg at 220 cfm (at the machine) when the brushes on the motors burn in. Don't judge to quick and be sure you have zero air leaks from the vacs to the wand. I run the above setup with 35' of hose daily and it is bad ass with high flow.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
You will get 8" hg on broken in (15 hours run time) LX's solo mission. Put the zx behind the lx and you will get 16" hg at 220 cfm (at the machine) when the brushes on the motors burn in. Don't judge to quick and be sure you have zero air leaks from the vacs to the wand. I run the above setup with 35' of hose daily and it is bad ass with high flow.

Apologize for re-directing this conversation (slightly)

But figured @Jim Davisson would be a great resource to ask the question regarding my air hog lx which runs dual lx motors inside as you know

Last 2 jobs motor 2 seems to be cutting off and when I switch it off and then back on it doesn't appear to be turning on.

Then, I get back to the shop and try again and they both fire....

Felt the carpet after todays job and was wetter than normal.

Any idea what gives here?

bad wiring?
bad motor?
overheating of sorts?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Anything shipped can have a janky connection. Check ALL wiring on the machine, look for brown areas on spade terminals and confirm 120v to each motor before crying. New doesn't mean perfect and I feel like if you follow connections from the cord to the switches, floats to the motors you will find the problem. Heat is the enemy and a loose connection will show its head in short order.

I wouldn't jump a bicycle that someone else put together, without checking every bolt first.... but that's just me.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Anything shipped can have a janky connection. Check ALL wiring on the machine, look for brown areas on spade terminals and confirm 120v to each motor before crying. New doesn't mean perfect and I feel like if you follow connections from the cord to the switches, floats to the motors you will find the problem. Heat is the enemy and a loose connection will show its head in short order.

I wouldn't jump a bicycle that someone else put together, without checking every bolt first.... but that's just me.
Appreciate your reply, Jim.

Fingers crossed.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Apologize for re-directing this conversation (slightly)

But figured @Jim Davisson would be a great resource to ask the question regarding my air hog lx which runs dual lx motors inside as you know

Last 2 jobs motor 2 seems to be cutting off and when I switch it off and then back on it doesn't appear to be turning on.

Then, I get back to the shop and try again and they both fire....

Felt the carpet after todays job and was wetter than normal.

Any idea what gives here?

bad wiring?
bad motor?
overheating of sorts?

Appreciate any advice.

Thank you.
I had the exact same issue and it was bad wiring right at the switch. Check all your wires. After I fixed mine now it is a bad ass machine.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I had the exact same issue and it was bad wiring right at the switch. Check all your wires. After I fixed mine now it is a bad ass machine.
Funny you say that.

I talked to rep at the dealer and he suggested checking the wires at the switch also.

Hopefully that's all it is.

@Fedri What machine did you have with this problem?

ekash

Mar 22, 2019
Real Name
kash p
Have you ever tested 4 motor series parallel setup? lx and 8.4 ? I know first hand it kicks ass but have been curious about the #s

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Funny you say that.

I talked to rep at the dealer and he suggested checking the wires at the switch also.

Hopefully that's all it is.

@Fedri What machine did you have with this problem?
This problem was with my 1005LX, it also kept the switch burning few times, and the suction was low. Finally, I realized it was the wire right at that side where the switch was burning all the time.

Reactions: TillertheJohn

DrummerTW

Mar 10, 2019
St.Louis, Mo.
Real Name
Thomas Webb
Business Location
United States
I'm doing ok now w about 18 hg but running 3 vacs...I'm not sure if you guys were aware...but mytee and rotovac both stopped selling the zx and lx motors to the public...does anyone have the specs or link for those badass 8.4 vacs...I've got plenty of room in the bottom of my steamway 900 to fit 8 of them if I wanted

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm doing ok now w about 18 hg but running 3 vacs...I'm not sure if you guys were aware...but mytee and rotovac both stopped selling the zx and lx motors to the public...does anyone have the specs or link for those badass 8.4 vacs...I've got plenty of room in the bottom of my steamway 900 to fit 8 of them if I wanted
No specs on the 8.4's but...

Why would they stop selling the lx motors to the public?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I am assuming they will sell them to the mytee owners for vac or part replacement by asking the serial number for proof. Here in Canada, I have asked the closest mytee distributer to buy me the vacs or any parts, the guy asked me the serial number of my machine, and I thought that was weird, but now I know the reason.

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
This problem was with my 1005LX, it also kept the switch burning few times, and the suction was low. Finally, I realized it was the wire right at that side where the switch was burning all the time.
Im at the dealer and the one motor is bad as it no longer turns on. (Switch is good and the wire is getting power).

They also hear 'metal-on-metal' in the other motor which seems to be from moisture getting in there and causing corrosion/rust. So we will be replacing both vac motors today.

Reactions: Fedri

TillertheJohn

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
For those with knowledge of the LX vac motors, specifically the airhog lx, I always had the belief that the vacs would cut-off automatically when the recovery tank got too full or when foam built up. The dealer says that ain't so, and the times the vacs 'cut-off' for me, really meant water/moisture/foam was causing the vacs to lose all suction. Again, I thought the vacs were cutting off on their own to 'catch-up' with the pump out or as a safety type shutoff.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you.