CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I don’t usually read porty threads. Could you provide me some cliff notes?

A one stage 6.6 vacuum motor out performs a 2 stage 8.4 in both CFMs and Lift when wand is on carpet.

It has taken 26 pages to prove the LX 6.6 is the best vacuum motor for a portable.

Last edited:

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
A one stage 6.6 vacuum motor out performs a 2 stage 8.4 in both CFMs and Lift when wand is on carpet.

It has taken 26 pages to prove the LX 6.6 is the best vacuum motor for a portable.

And.... I'm still not convinced the 6.6 is the best vac motor for a portable over the 8.4 vac motor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suction Junkie

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Yes Jim that's what I mean as well. One vac motor on one 15 amp line along with the otter pump and the transfer pump and auto dump with the 2nd vac motor on the second 15am line. I have a good feeling that the new lx motors will work for me just the same way it is now. My friend is running his Jaguar 8.4 on 2 15 amp lines at 500 psi without tripping any breakers.

If a 1.5 HP water otter, pressure fed, can work with a high performance vac motor, then probably a 0.5 HP Pumptec pump, also pressure fed, can work with the LX vac motor at 15 amp.

But if pressure fed, how do you inject the acid rinse?

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If a 1.5 HP water otter, pressure fed, can work with a high performance vac motor, then probably a 0.5 HP Pumptec pump, also pressure fed, can work with the LX vac motor at 15 amp.

But if pressure fed, how do you inject the acid rinse?
I hook up to the customer's water line outside and auto fills my small 1 or 2 gallons bucket with a dema auto fill/direct injection then the transfer pump takes the water out of that small bucket and transfers the water to the water otter. This is set up number 1.

Set up number 2, I have installed the dema auto fill with direct injection to my mytee 1005dx portable, I do attach to the customer's outdoor water source and let it auto fill with an acid chemical rinse. All you need is the dema auto fill with chemical direct injection.

This is exactly what you need and very easy to install
http://www.steam-brite.com/dema-aut...njector-de44023bt-nm5055-87105250-p-3993.html

Reactions: Suction Junkie

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I hook up to the customer's water line outside and auto fills my small 1 or 2 gallons bucket with a dema auto fill/direct injection then the transfer pump takes the water out of that small bucket and transfers the water to the water otter. This is set up number 1.

Set up number 2, I have installed the dema auto fill with direct injection to my mytee 1005dx portable, I do attach to the customer's outdoor water source and let it auto fill with an acid chemical rinse. All you need is the dema auto fill with chemical direct injection.

http://www.steam-brite.com/dema-aut...njector-de44023bt-nm5055-87105250-p-3993.html[/QUOTE

Thanks for the link. My LTD3 already has this Dema injector so I just need to add a demand pump in between to pressure fed the main water pump.

Did you connect the demand pump with the main pump and 1 vacuum or did you combine it with the other vacuum and pump out?

Has anybody in here tried adding the demand pump to feed the 0.5 HP main pump and see if it can operate with 1 LX vac on a 15 amp circuit?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

http://www.steam-brite.com/dema-aut...njector-de44023bt-nm5055-87105250-p-3993.html[/QUOTE

Thanks for the link. My LTD3 already has this Dema injector so I just need to add a demand pump in between to pressure fed the main water pump.

Did you connect the demand pump with the main pump and 1 vacuum or did you combine it with the other vacuum and pump out?

Has anybody in here tried adding the demand pump to feed the 0.5 HP main pump and see if it can operate with 1 LX vac on a 15 amp circuit?
Just buy it and try it that's the only way you'll find out.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

15amp (or 20amp if I can find) line one I have vac one with the main pump(otter or the cat pump 500psi), 15amp line 2 has vac 2 and auto dump and the demand pump.

As soon as I receive my lx vacs then I will do the testing and see if I can use these vacs the same as I am using currently.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
If you have never blown a 15 amp circuit running one HP 5.7" vac and one 500psi cat pump cranked to 400psi, then there has to be something different between a US 15amp circuit and a Canadian one.

Maybe the breaker switches are a little beefier, or it's some other reason, but that just won't work in the US.

Running my higher amp cord on a 15 amp circuit has always been problematic with both my M5 and my 1005DX, which used the same components.

Sometimes I can get a 15amp breaker to hold to for a short period if I keep the wand on the carpet, which leads me to believe that I am not demanding too much additional juice above 15 amps, and I never blow a 20amp, so I guess that cord must average 16-18 amps.

In the US, 15 amp circuits don't like 16-18 amp demands.

Seems that Canadian 15amp circuits are much more favorable to a 16-18 amp demand if you never had a problem.

The fact that you have never blown a 15amp leads me to believe you may have some more wiggle room, but up to how many amps??

Aren't the amps of both HP 5.7" and LX motors pretty close?
I run my otter at 600 psi and a hp 5.7 on one 15 amp circuit all the time here in Ca.

Reactions: Fedri

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
And.... I'm still not convinced the 6.6 is the best vac motor for a portable over the 8.4 vac motor.

6.6 LX motors are shorter in diameter and height, which is a big advantage.

They are also very powerful ONE-stage motors, which is what is giving them lift specs that are hard to beat if that's what you desire.

6.6 LX motors will only be de-throned by a powerful ONE-stage 8.4 that does not pull too many amps.

And they don't exist yet.

Even if they do become available, they will always be too fooking big for most units.

Only guys playing with 8.4" should be guys with custom systems.

For everything else, 6.6" are the way to go.

Reactions: Fedri

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
33940829_1781388745252986_4794217601611857920_n.png

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Groomer,

Approx three years ago we tested the one stage 8.4 motors and they did not pass our field testing for our particular requirements. The two stages really blew them away.

BTW, IMHO, the same is true in regards to the one stage 6.6 as well.
There are other reasons as well however I do not want to interrupt the extreme excitement going on here. In fact, I am happy that they are using it and we have been using the other proven motors !!!!!

Very best to all.

Reactions: CCWorks

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Pressure fed pumps definitely draw less amps. I will eventually trip a 15 amp breaker if I use a suction feed on my parallel pumps, but never will if they are connected directly to the city water. They sound very different in use as well. Pressure fed they are very quiet, suction feed and they labor and are noisier.

Reactions: Fedri and Luky