Mytee LX Vac Motors | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee LX Vac Motors

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I'm good, if i can't use the dryer outlet i just use the generator, its actually easier to just use the generator that way i don't have to run then roll up any cords at all
Hi Kevin, do you think the new lx motors can work on a 15amp line with a pump without tripping the breaker?

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Hi Kevin, do you think the new lx motors can work on a 15amp line with a pump without tripping the breaker?

Well cord two on the new escape is for one LX motor and the pump out pump, that one i'm sure would be fine on a 15amp line

cord one is for one LX motor and the 500 psi pump and i'm not sure if that one would work without tripping the breaker on a 15amp line, it may if you turn down the psi to maybe 350
but i cannot be sure as i've never tried it

I can try it here at my house when i get a chance and report back to you on that

Reactions: keep it clean

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
I have suggested that mytee make 75 or 100 foot 10 gauge cords for the new escape, these cords would not be included with the purchase of the machine just the 50 foot 12 gauge ones would be included,

but they would be available if one wanted to upgrade for an additional cost, just let the customer decide

When i get to a job and park where i need to be parked 1st thing i do is check the availability of the dryer outlet, if i'm within 50 feet and do not have to pull out the dryer i'll use the supplied 50 footers and the converter thingie they give you

If not i just use my generator, but a lot of times an extra 25 feet or less is all thats needed
so if i had a 75 foot 10 gauge i'd use it

Or here's another idea i just had, have mytee just supply two 25 foot 10 gauge cords then one can just go to home depot or lowes and buy whatever length of 10 gauge cord they want to fit there needs
I wish we had plenty of dryer plugs easily accessible around here... if you do find one its usually a stack unit, and its definitely not worth the time and effort to move it!

Reactions: Odin

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Well cord two on the new escape is for one LX motor and the pump out pump, that one i'm sure would be fine on a 15amp line

cord one is for one LX motor and the 500 psi pump and i'm not sure if that one would work without tripping the breaker on a 15amp line, it may if you turn down the psi to maybe 350
but i cannot be sure as i've never tried it

I can try it here at my house when i get a chance and report back to you on that
Kevin when you have the chance please test it before I press the buy button.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin

No problem fedri i'll let you know, don't you have a generator, i thought you did.

Although i'd prefer to use customer power Using my generator certainly is easier because i don't have to run any power cords, it's one less thing to have to do during set up and break down
Plus less noise (due to generator)
Another plus is cheaper as i wouldn't have to buy gas for the generator
and if i could take generator off the van i'd have more room as well

I guess to each his own, it would just be a trade off, use the generator for faster set up and break down or just run cords to save money on gas and less noise and have more room in van

You know i may just have someone make me two 100 foot 10 gauge cords

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

No problem fedri i'll let you know, don't you have a generator, i thought you did.

Although i'd prefer to use customer power Using my generator certainly is easier because i don't have to run any power cords, it's one less thing to have to do during set up and break down

I guess to each his own, it would just be a trade off, use the generator for faster set up and break down or just run cords to save money on gas and less noise and have more room in van

Just go to a electric supply house. They'll hook you up with cords. They might even put the ends on for you.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

I don't have a generator Kevin. I have a dodge Caravan, no space at all. I rather get a tm then putting in a generator. It is very tempting, currently there are 2 used entry level tms are ready to go with a van for 30K but negotiable, I almost bought it until my friend have changed my mind, our gas prices are very high at the moment, probably 2.5 x higher then yours. My electric cord reels are great to wind and unwind. When you have the chance to test please let me know I appreciate it :)

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
What worked for me is 2 or 3 cords 15amp each line ETM.

First of all the machine I have from mytee with dual high powered 12.5amp 3 stage 5.7 vacs in parallel with a 500 cat pump, mytee also advertised to use one of the lines on a 20 amp, but this is not true, I never tripped a breaker using 2 15amp lines having the pump run at 400psi along with the high powered vac.

I am running an otter pump up to 550-600 psi in the same 15amp line with one high powered vac motor won't trip the breaker at all, running it the whole day no problems. About few days ago I have noticed something new in this setup of mine. I have a transfer pump that feed my otter pump, for some reason without realizing I did not had the transfer pump on and my otter pump was running, so here I am cleaning inside the house and every 5 min I have tripped the breaker, and the for the 4th time it tripped and I said enough is enough, I did not had this many in a whole year which I am having in a day suddenly. I checked my wires, I checked here and there and I switched to different lines but I couldn't stop it tripping breakers, so I have lowered the pressure so I can finish the freaking job. But while working I kept thinking how in the world I am tripping breakers. So when I was tiding up I noticed my transfer pump was off all the time, right there I have realized that was the problem because the otter pump will work harder and draw more power and cause to trip the 15amp breaker. The next job there was no problems running the otter pump and the vac motor at 500 psi in the same 15amp line with having the transfer pump on.

If you have never blown a 15 amp circuit running one HP 5.7" vac and one 500psi cat pump cranked to 400psi, then there has to be something different between a US 15amp circuit and a Canadian one.

Maybe the breaker switches are a little beefier, or it's some other reason, but that just won't work in the US.

Running my higher amp cord on a 15 amp circuit has always been problematic with both my M5 and my 1005DX, which used the same components.

Sometimes I can get a 15amp breaker to hold to for a short period if I keep the wand on the carpet, which leads me to believe that I am not demanding too much additional juice above 15 amps, and I never blow a 20amp, so I guess that cord must average 16-18 amps.

In the US, 15 amp circuits don't like 16-18 amp demands.

Seems that Canadian 15amp circuits are much more favorable to a 16-18 amp demand if you never had a problem.

The fact that you have never blown a 15amp leads me to believe you may have some more wiggle room, but up to how many amps??

Aren't the amps of both HP 5.7" and LX motors pretty close?

Reactions: StevenB.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

First of all the machine I have from mytee with dual high powered 12.5amp 3 stage 5.7 vacs in parallel with a 500 cat pump, mytee also advertised to use one of the lines on a 20 amp, but this is not true, I never tripped a breaker using 2 15amp lines having the pump run at 400psi along with the high powered vac.

I am running an otter pump up to 550-600 psi in the same 15amp line with one high powered vac motor won't trip the breaker at all, running it the whole day no problems. About few days ago I have noticed something new in this setup of mine. I have a transfer pump that feed my otter pump, for some reason without realizing I did not had the transfer pump on and my otter pump was running, so here I am cleaning inside the house and every 5 min I have tripped the breaker, and the for the 4th time it tripped and I said enough is enough, I did not had this many in a whole year which I am having in a day suddenly. I checked my wires, I checked here and there and I switched to different lines but I couldn't stop it tripping breakers, so I have lowered the pressure so I can finish the freaking job. But while working I kept thinking how in the world I am tripping breakers. So when I was tiding up I noticed my transfer pump was off all the time, right there I have realized that was the problem because the otter pump will work harder and draw more power and cause to trip the 15amp breaker. The next job there was no problems running the otter pump and the vac motor at 500 psi in the same 15amp line with having the transfer pump on.

If you have never blown a 15 amp circuit running one HP 5.7" vac and one 500psi cat pump cranked to 400psi, then there has to be something different between a US 15amp circuit and a Canadian one.

Maybe the breaker switches are a little beefier, or it's some other reason, but that just won't work in the US.

Running my higher amp cord on a 15 amp circuit has always been problematic with both my M5 and my 1005DX, which used the same components.

Sometimes I can get a 15amp breaker to hold to for a short period if I keep the wand on the carpet, which leads me to believe that I am not demanding too much additional juice above 15 amps, and I never blow a 20amp, so I guess that cord must average 16-18 amps.

Seems that Canadian 15amp circuits are much more favorable to a 16-18 amp demand if you never had a problem.

The fact that you have never blown a 15amp leads me to believe you may have some more wiggle room, but up to how many amps??

Well goomer @Stevenb also resides in USA who also uses high powered 5.7s and the ottor pump in the same 15 amp line with no issues.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Well goomer @Stevenb also resides in USA who also uses high powered 5.7s and the ottor pump in the same 15 amp line with no issues.
The best I could do was a 3 stage and water otter on a 20a. It could be used up to max psi without tripping (this was both pulling water from a tank or using pressurized water supply. But on 15a I could only use one or the other. I tried many times. It would only give me maybe 2 minutes before I tripped the breaker. All parts I
On their own will run on separate 15a circuits. But not combined. One vac on a 15 and vac + pump on a 20a.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
The best I could do was a 3 stage and water otter on a 20a. It could be used up to max psi without tripping (this was both pulling water from a tank or using pressurized water supply. But on 15a I could only use one or the other. I tried many times. It would only give me maybe 2 minutes before I tripped the breaker. All parts I
On their own will run on separate 15a circuits. But not combined. One vac on a 15 and vac + pump on a 20a.
Very interesting on your side won't work and on my side it will work.

here is a quote from StevenB
I use my otter at 600 psi for tile and 350 or so for carpets and a little lower than that while using my shear dry. Anything lower than that I use my 220 psi water box. Regardless I can run my water otter and my 3 stage 5.7 at 600 psi and put out more than enough water for my porty on one 15 amp circuit. 1 Vac 1 pump on the same circuit has huge advantages for doing tile or carpets.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Very interesting on your side won't work and on my side it will work.

here is a quote from StevenB
I use my otter at 600 psi for tile and 350 or so for carpets and a little lower than that while using my shear dry. Anything lower than that I use my 220 psi water box. Regardless I can run my water otter and my 3 stage 5.7 at 600 psi and put out more than enough water for my porty on one 15 amp circuit. 1 Vac 1 pump on the same circuit has huge advantages for doing tile or carpets.

What machine is he running???

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
What machine is he running???
mytee 7300 booster which I had it few years ago. The discontinued machine came with low amp 3 stage vacs in parallel but he upgraded to the high amp high performance vacs more than 2 years ago, so he is running the high performance vacs like mine since then.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
Water Otter 8-15 amps.

HP 5.7 14 amps.

Sure they are likely max starting amps.....but still.....I don't see how it's possible on one 15 amp circuit.

It never worked for me, and does not seem to be the case for anyone else either.

We know that the HP 5.7" seem to run around 11-12 amps on average, so for it to work, running a Otter at lower psi would have to draw LESS amps than a standard Pumptec 205v/1/2 hp motor combo, despite being a 1-1/2 Hp motor.

I just don't see it.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Water Otter 8-15 amps.

HP 5.7 14 amps.

Sure they are likely max starting amps.....but still.....I don't see how it's possible on one 15 amp circuit.

It never worked for me, and does not seem to be the case for anyone else either.

We know that the HP 5.7" seem to run around 11-12 amps on average, so for it to work, running a Otter at lower psi would have to draw LESS amps than a standard Pumptec 205v/1/2 hp motor combo, despite being a 1-1/2 Hp motor.

I just don't see it.
Goomer water otter will not draw alot of amps if it's been fed by a tap pressure or a transfer pump. If the otter pump works by itself then I do trip 15amp breakers all day.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
mytee 7300 booster which I had it few years ago. The discontinued machine came with low amp 3 stage vacs in parallel but he upgraded to the high amp high performance vacs more than 2 years ago, so he is running the high performance vacs like mine since then.
Steve was using ONE 3 stage vacuum motor and only 600 psi with the Water Otter . 1 Vac 1 pump could operate on 15 amps . 2 vacs and the Otter. No fooking way south of the border.

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Steve was using ONE 3 stage vacuum motor and only 600 psi with the Water Otter . 1 Vac 1 pump could operate on 15 amps . 2 vacs and the Otter. No fooking way south of the border.
Yes Jim that's what I mean as well. One vac motor on one 15 amp line along with the otter pump and the transfer pump and auto dump with the 2nd vac motor on the second 15am line. I have a good feeling that the new lx motors will work for me just the same way it is now. My friend is running his Jaguar 8.4 on 2 15 amp lines at 500 psi without tripping any breakers.

Reactions: Jimsteam

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States