Mytee LX Vac Motors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Jim, I have that same guage and it's really nice.

Magnum Clean , the exhaust venturi is one of the simplest of venturi's in design. I have found a much easier and lighter way to build this version since. With one motor it works ok, but with two in series it has plenty of CFM'S for cooling the motor compartment while using zero power.

View attachment 77174
View attachment 77175

I'm measuring ~150° from the vac motors exhaust and I will be harvesting it soon too with small dual 26k btu heat exchangers. If it consistently sustains 140-150° while cleaning like testing showed (of course I will be feeding it hot water first), I won't seek an additional heat source at all.

I'm with you, I don't see myself buying another TM either after using these motors, no need to really. So much less hassle, maintenance, money, weight, space, troubleshooting etc... I'm getting amazing vacuum and 1.75 GPM through the wand, the cleaning is phenomenal and fast, what more do I need and all on two 15 amp circuits. Being able to stay in the van or go to the 10th floor while only carrying one small piece of equipment on the van is such an advantage. It's not for everyone, but it is for me.
That 1.75 GPM flow is impressive, is that using the two aquatec pumps? Did you verify that flow with a bucket test or going by rated specs? Very smart, you are keeping amp draw low to work with those LX motors on 15 amp circuit. It doesn’t take much power to do high flow, it’s psi that requires the higher amperage. That’s what I’ve observed on the manufacturer spec sheets for various pumps.
Another question for anyone, does anybody know what the sealed lift rating is for one LX motor at the machine?

Oct 20, 2011
mn
www.wecleanworldwide.com
Real Name
jonathon allgood
Business Location
United States
Yes, it does indeed and the lift spec on one LX I’m sure does not look impressive, it’s the high CFM that’s the game changer.
I’d like to specifically know the sealed lift on one LX if anyone has tested it.
This is the ad from mytee. These numbers are fake. The 8.4" gets more lift at the carpet than the 6.6 hybrid.

Attachments

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
This is the ad from mytee. These numbers are fake. The 8.4" gets more lift at the carpet than the 6.6 hybrid.
I wouldn't say they are fake, there is too much of the story that we don't know. How long was their hose run? The only thing I find hard to believe in that chart is how much more sealed lift the 5.7 has than the 6.6 and 8.4. There is no way that the 5.7 has 243" sealed and the 8.4" only has 196". I don't have any of the high performance 5.7's but I can test 8.4's in series.

This is the reason I am asking if anybody has tested with their own gauges. Do you have a lift gauge to try on your LX motors? Firsthand experience with our own test equipment is the true test, most else is mere speculation.

I must add that my own tested wand on carpet lift numbers with parralel 8.4's nearly exactly matched Mytee's results in that chart. And operating lift is the number that matters.

Oct 20, 2011
mn
www.wecleanworldwide.com
Real Name
jonathon allgood
Business Location
United States
Hose runs shouldnt affect lift that much and If they're using the same hose runs for both the numbers should be relative.

I have tested them in series against eachother, with my lift guage at virtually every point; the wand foot at the carpet, the vac hose to wand connection, in the middle of the hose, and at the machine.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
I wouldn't say they are fake, there is too much of the story that we don't know. How long was their hose run? The only thing I find hard to believe in that chart is how much more sealed lift the 5.7 has than the 6.6 and 8.4. There is no way that the 5.7 has 243" sealed and the 8.4" only has 196". I don't have any of the high performance 5.7's but I can test 8.4's in series.

This is the reason I am asking if anybody has tested with their own gauges. Do you have a lift gauge to try on your LX motors? Firsthand experience with our own test equipment is the true test, most else is mere speculation.

I must add that my own tested wand on carpet lift numbers with parralel 8.4's nearly exactly matched Mytee's results in that chart. And operating lift is the number that matters.
Hi performance 5.7’s have always have had more water lift then the 6.6 and the 8.4’s.

Aren’t you running three 8.4’s in your test. That’s 3 cords?

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Well so far the new escape with the LX motors is going over very well, as there are now a number of people using them

And if not using the escape machine itself, many more have bought the motors and installed them in their current portables

I have yet to see any negative posts about the machine or it's performance
or from those that just bought the motors

I ask myself this question
Mytee could have just made a new escape using dual 8.4's
or dual 6.6's

The 8.4's and the 6.6's have been around for awhile now and have proven to be good performers
and That would have been a quick and easy change to make to the escape
so why not just do that

Mytee has been around for a long time now and are big players in the portable market
and they'll be around a lot longer too

the difference between the 6.6's and 8.4's is not that significant but with the 8.4's winning none the less

Maybe the difference in actual performance at the wand between the 8.4's and LX motors is not that significant either but with the LX motors winning out

But hey, i'm no expert on these things at all by any means

But i am getting the new Escape, it will be replacing my current LTD5 with the dual HP 3stage motors

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Well so far the new escape with the LX motors is going over very well, as there are now a number of people using them

And if not using the escape machine itself, many more have bought the motors and installed them in their current portables

I have yet to see any negative posts about the machine or it's performance
or from those that just bought the motors

I ask myself this question
Mytee could have just made a new escape using dual 8.4's
or dual 6.6's

The 8.4's and the 6.6's have been around for awhile now and have proven to be good performers
and That would have been a quick and easy change to make to the escape
so why not just do that

Mytee has been around for a long time now and are big players in the portable market
and they'll be around a lot longer too

the difference between the 6.6's and 8.4's is not that significant but with the 8.4's winning none the less

Maybe the difference in actual performance at the wand between the 8.4's and LX motors is not that significant either but with the LX motors winning out

But hey, i'm no expert on these things at all by any means

But i am getting the new Escape, it will be replacing my current LTD5 with the dual HP 3stage motors
Kevin after this move getting the new escape I don't think you will move to a tm due to more expensive to maintain. After all you have a generator to power your escape with dual lx vac motors will provide plenty of suction.

kevinj6121

Jun 29, 2014
North carolina
Real Name
Kevin
Kevin after this move getting the new escape I don't think you will move to a tm due to more expensive to maintain. After all you have a generator to power your escape with dual lx vac motors will provide plenty of suction.
Well Fedri, I think you are going to be %100 correct on this. Since i got my new van i've been running the LTD5 off the generator and leaving it in the van, I also got a hose reel for my vac hose

My hose runs are 90% of the time under 100 foot and the LTD5 does just fine up to 100 foot, can go more if i had to but then i wouldn't be happy with the suction, not that it would be bad but i would just use the air hog vac booster if i had to go over 100 foot
I like to have as much suction as possible.

The New Escape i'm sure will be a lot better at longer lengths and still not have to use a booster

Oct 9, 2014
Real Name
Andrew N.
Hose runs shouldnt affect lift that much and If they're using the same hose runs for both the numbers should be relative.

I have tested them in series against eachother, with my lift guage at virtually every point; the wand foot at the carpet, the vac hose to wand connection, in the middle of the hose, and at the machine.
When you do your testing are you testing sealed lift or operating lift? I mean are you taking the reading with the hose or wand completely sealed off, or are you reading lift as you are cleaning (air still flowing through the system)

The other thing to clarify, when we say series we mean you have the inlet of one vac motor hooked up to the exhast outlet of the other motor? I assume you likely know that but sometimes people get mixed up on their terms.. series vs parallel.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Magnum Clean, the flow is verified. It actually took a lot of work, testing, drilling out fittings, testing again, etc... Pressure from a jet at wand cleaning height ain't worth a flip, I'd much rather have high flow. With the wand keyed I only sustain 150 PSI, but you wouldn't know it by the results. After using HPLV & LPHV I'll stick with the LPHV system.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Johnny, I know that you are going to see John Monday and will witness everything first hand before you spend any money. That's great actually, but as far as results go... at 175' I can't tell the difference behind the wand! Take that for what it's worth (cds running dual 2" from the tank dual filters to a wye at the back door of the van).

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
I've just read this whole thread for the first time today. So am I to understand that the new LX motors in Series are comparable to a Hydrmaster CDS?
If Hydramaster would spin that blower faster, maybe two electric LX motors would not be able to out do it :LOL: