Mytee Ltd5 To The Rescue

Discussion in 'Carpet Cleaning Marketing' started by Spooney, Dec 7, 2016.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Spooney

Spooney Active Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +263 / 1 / -0
    First off I want to thank you all for your replies in my previous pump threads. The latest news is that my 205v pumpteck pump (though notoriously unreliable) is the only pump with decent psi that can FIT in my portable . Everything else is too big or too low of psi. To make matters worse the guy who was working on my extractor is sick now and out of action for up to 2 weeks..

I'm done with waiting and done with stuffing around while the phone rings and rings. I'll worry about that machine and that pump when I get the time. For now I am purchasing a brand new Mytee ltd5. It will take over as my number 1 and I'll keep the Airflex for a back up when it's fixed. Turning tragedy into new opportunitys here so I'm excited.

2 questions for you good folk.

Can I run a garden hose to the auto pump in?

Can I plug my vac booster into the exhaust of one of the vac motors on the Mytee? My vac booster is not an inline but a rear port vac booster 6.6".

2. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +25,410 / 58 / -0
    Yes to both. Make sure the hose is made for hot water.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jimsteam

Premium VIP

Apr 19, 2009
    Retired
    NOYB
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 19 / -1
    1. Plug the airflex into only one exhaust port . Don't recommend a "Y pipe" for using both exhausts.
    2. ALL pumps are prone to failure if not properly maintained. BS about what you hear about the 205v (sales pitch for Mytee ..Cat or general ?). Maintenance starts with keeping the regulator stem greased. If the stem sticks it will not operate properly (no bypass) overworking the pump overheating the cam/plunger causing the cam to shatter. I learned this at ICE chatting with the Pumptec rep.
    3. congrats on your purchase

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Spooney

Spooney Active Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +263 / 1 / -0
    Cat pump.

And yeah, I'll grease up the regulator stem.

Are you saying 205v are a fair pump? I hope so.. I hope they can jsut salvage the one thats in the airflex. Will see.

5. Moosehead Pat

Moosehead Pat Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I just bought an ltd5 today. Hopefully it gets here in one piece and kicks butt for me!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jimsteam

Premium VIP

Apr 19, 2009
    Retired
    NOYB
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 19 / -1
    I could :rolleyes:.
    Seriously with the 205V I can hold 325 psi with the triggered pulled at a 4 flow or a pair of 02 nozzles (jets). Has worked for me since 2009 with a couple rebuilds.
    Curious to see if the Cat can match up with performance and longevity.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spooney

Spooney Active Member

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +263 / 1 / -0
    Nice one! Yeah, I hope it's at least reliable. I've never had a porty with pump and dump so that may be a good thing. Will soon find out. All the best with the Mytee. Good to see that they are common so we can help each other out with problem diagnosis.

• Thanks Thanks x 1