Mytee LTD 12 Speedster vs King Cobra Pro 1200 PSI vs Nautilus 1200

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Hey everyone,

Looking into getting a portable carpet cleaner and a hard surface cleaner that has up to 1200 PSI. I currently have a PEX 500 carpet cleaner, but I have been getting a lot of calls for tile and grout so looking into getting a SX-15 so looking into getting a portable.

Which of the 3 listed on the title or maybe one not listed there would you recommend for carpet cleaning + tile/grout?

They cost approx:
Mytee LTD 12 Speedster - $4000
King Cobra Pro - $5600
Nautilus - $4200

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I don't clean every day like I once did. I am sure some who use these machines more than i do will chime in.

I like the Nautilus best. A clear #1.
The Mytee is a good machine.
The King Cobra performs very well, but is a bit unwieldy to maneuver around in any tight place and pricey.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
Thanks Scott! What is your opinion on the Jaguar 8.4? It seems like it only has 800 psi though, and most I seen on here recommend about 1000 for their spinner.

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Thanks Scott! What is your opinion on the Jaguar 8.4? It seems like it only has 800 psi though, and most I seen on here recommend about 1000 for their spinner.
I have never had a chance to use a Jaguar. I do like the 8.4" high efficiency vacuum motors it uses. Ed Valentine / Cross America who makes that unit had an excellent reputation in the industry. Almost all I hear about his equipment is positive.

That is a competing brand, so I would be biased against them if there was any thing bad to say. The only concern I would have is that there are a limited number of places to try out the machine or to get it serviced. There are only a couple of distributors.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I don't clean every day like I once did. I am sure some who use these machines more than i do will chime in.

I like the Nautilus best. A clear #1.
The Mytee is a good machine.
The King Cobra performs very well, but is a bit unwieldy to maneuver around in any tight place and pricey.
let me work off @Scott W response,,, I clearly think the Nautilus is the best buy, not only because of the 8.4 vacs… The nautilus will handle nearly any job you need it to do..You can find a Nautilus for a lot less than 4200 bucks.. Plus you can buy bags and side bags to attach to the machine to increase its carrying capacity when going to high rise jobs.
Mytee is a good machine, its a smaller machine though, has a good reputation as a great little machine.
The king cobra is a great machine but big and bulky and heavy, and hard to load, unload and pricey...
Cross American Jag,, I saw one of these units today in a cc van,, he uses it as a in the van truckmount he doesn't take it out ever. I was very impressed, it had the 8.4 vac and a great pump on it. I gave it great thought when I was buying machines, we do alot of highrises and that's the only reason we decided not to get the jag.

If you have an interlink near you, you can always get parts and such for a nautilus there, and Interlink usually goes way out of their way to get me the stuff I need when I need it...

Every machine on your list is a great machine and will do the job you need it to do... I would call @John LaBarbera from Mytee and get his thoughts on what you need or what you don't need, the Mytee machines have a great following and the guys who have them, love them..

Another guy to call would be @Ed Valentine from Cross American jaguar, he does build a great machine too...

Do your homework on the machines out there ! Before you decide on a machine...

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Another option is to continue to use your current extractor and to use a water otter as needed for tile. Your current extractor has plenty of vacuum for tile, you really just need the high pressure/flow pump and a tile spinner.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Thanks for the replies above regarding the very popular, JAGUAR 8.4 ETM.

SM;
You were asking about specifics (ex: tile cleaning) and I suggest that you contact us and get the correct information directly from the horses mouth. We can answer those questions and also direct you who to purchase from if you make that decision.

In regards to a "limited number of sales outlets", we sell all over North America and Europe. We do have sales outlets however do not promote them as some do on this board for obvious reasons, and therefore, please contact us.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
@Scott W Who could I contact to find out if they service the Nautilus in my area. I do not live in a big city so just wanted to see what is the nearest area. I heard nothing but great things about this machine and even though I plan to work up to a TM, I feel like every company should have a good strong portable as well so do not mind the investment.

@Ed Valentine What # can I call to find out more about the Jaguar 8.4?

Thanks appreciate the help.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
let me work off @Scott W response,,, I clearly think the Nautilus is the best buy, not only because of the 8.4 vacs… The nautilus will handle nearly any job you need it to do..You can find a Nautilus for a lot less than 4200 bucks.. Plus you can buy bags and side bags to attach to the machine to increase its carrying capacity when going to high rise jobs.
@jtsunbrite Thanks for responding. You said I can find a Nautilus for a lot less than 4200. What are some areas you looked at? Craiglist, classifieds on here, any other suggestions on where I can find one?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
@Scott W Who could I contact to find out if they service the Nautilus in my area. I do not live in a big city so just wanted to see what is the nearest area. I heard nothing but great things about this machine and even though I plan to work up to a TM, I feel like every company should have a good strong portable as well so do not mind the investment.

@Ed Valentine What # can I call to find out more about the Jaguar 8.4?

Thanks appreciate the help.
Any Interlink Supply distributor can work on the Nautilus. There are 70 locations around the country. Many Bridgepoint and Hydro-Force dealers also work on Nautilus. If you provide your location, I can let you know who in your area works on these. Someplace with-in an hours drive for 95% of the country. Just post or send an email if you prefer scottw@bridgewatercorp.net

Vince

Oct 10, 2013
Real Name
Vincent E. Epps
Business Location
Ecuador
Another option is to continue to use your current extractor and to use a water otter as needed for tile. Your current extractor has plenty of vacuum for tile, you really just need the high pressure/flow pump and a tile spinner.
What would he do for heat?