Mytee ETM

Justin Arndt

Jun 8, 2015
PA
Real Name
Justin
The 239 volt Escape had chemical injection. None of the LX had chemical injection. We use an old 230 volt panel that had the words chemical injection on it but the components for chemical injection was not installed.

This is what I was talking about...

It’s the 115 version, I’m assuming they just used the chemical metering from the older quad 4 vac system... :unsure:

Reactions: John LaBarbera

snzaz

Sep 15, 2018
Real Name
scott ziegler
Any real world users have any real world views of the mytee ETM. How has it been working for you? Not really looking for opinions from non users, I trying to see what actual owners think about their machine being used daily. I’m about to bust a move on better equipment and a new machine (with warranty) just seems to make so much more sense to me then having to learn to maintain used equipment. It’s easier to learn maintenance as things need it verses learning to repair used equipment.

I've been using the Mytee ETM for about 3 months now in my new business. I spent a lot of time researching and coming from a non mechanical/technical background but sales/marketing/finance the simplicity of operating a portable which I was first considering lead me to research Mytees product line. After reviewing costs/learning curve requirements/my needs for my business model/space requirements in my van thoughts/etc I gravitated to the Mytee ETM and the JAGUAR ETM. At the time before purchase I worked with a great mentor who has been in the biz for 20 years teaching me the ropes and who runs a very successful cleaning and restoration biz. so I had his input in my decision making process as well. I chose the Mytee over the Jaguar for it's bigger pump out and aesthetics over the Jaguar and the fact that they were a bigger company with a deeper product line and technical support. So I purchased it and have been using it daily. I have a generator and added a diesel heater in my configuration. The Mytee is working great simple to operate simple to maintain and is giving me all the vacuum power I need running about 150 feet of 2" hose. I am sure it may have some challenges over 200 but long runs are not an issue in my business model at the moment. One note the float value was threaded incorrectly and broke but Mytee sent me a new one under warranty. Also, there is no chemical injection for rinse solution so i'm dumping rinse in the fresh water tank and thats getting tiresome. I'm looking to add an injection config this week.

Justin Arndt

Jun 8, 2015
PA
Real Name
Justin
NuTech added that chemical injection. Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Yea John, I guess we are just having a disconnect somewhere... they added the same chemical metering that comes with the 4 vac escape.... in the early lx models there was 2 rubber grommets filling the holes where that meter goes as you see in this magic wand commercial... now current lx models have no rubber grommets/holes but they do have the hole in the mess on the side for the hose to go in. Why did you guys do away with the injection/metering?

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Mixing chemicals and dumping them in would be a drag in a sense when the unit is truck mounted I’d think I always thought they came that way. I’m trying to decide perhaps one day soon between a ETM or doing what Johnny B did and go with the two piece unit.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I have an LTD3 that I'm converting to LTD6. I'm upgrading it to the LX vacs, changing the pump back to 1/2 HP Pumptec and converting it from a 2 cord -20 amp unit to a 3 cord- 15 amp unit. It will be comparable to the Escape and have a built in 1.6 KW heater. The Escape though has a nicer pump out than this. But the LTD3, although heavy, is easier to move around than the Escape. It just doesn't have the truckmount look of the Escape.

I have a box truck with a gas truckmount with fresh and waste water tank on board. I'm going to use a demand pump to auto fill the LTD6. It has chemical injection for the acid rinse. I'm also going to pump out the dirty water to the waste tank. The built in heater will preheat the water and the Hot Turbo that I'm bringing inside will do the final heating. So it will be a 4 corded ETM. If I'm just doing condos, I don't need the Hot Turbo since I'm filling the tank with hot tap water so it will just use 3 cords.

I'm only going to use the ETM if the 3 outlets are easy to get into, otherwise I'm going to use the gas truckmount. The good thing about Mytee is that they post their wiring diagrams online. Its intimidating at first look but once you break it down to the wiring for each vacuum, pump and heater, it's not that complicated. And I believe it is much easier to troubleshoot than my gas TM.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have an LTD3 that I'm converting to LTD6. I'm upgrading it to the LX vacs, changing the pump back to 1/2 HP Pumptec and converting it from a 2 cord -20 amp unit to a 3 cord- 15 amp unit. It will be comparable to the Escape and have a built in 1.6 KW heater. The Escape though has a nicer pump out than this. But the LTD3, although heavy, is easier to move around than the Escape. It just doesn't have the truckmount look of the Escape.

I have a box truck with a gas truckmount with fresh and waste water tank on board. I'm going to use a demand pump to auto fill the LTD6. It has chemical injection for the acid rinse. I'm also going to pump out the dirty water to the waste tank. The built in heater will preheat the water and the Hot Turbo that I'm bringing inside will do the final heating. So it will be a 4 corded ETM. If I'm just doing condos, I don't need the Hot Turbo since I'm filling the tank with hot tap water so it will just use 3 cords.

I'm only going to use the ETM if the 3 outlets are easy to get into, otherwise I'm going to use the gas truckmount. The good thing about Mytee is that they post their wiring diagrams online. Its intimidating at first look but once you break it down to the wiring for each vacuum, pump and heater, it's not that complicated. And I believe it is much easier to troubleshoot than my gas TM.
My friend you don't need 3 cords to operate 2 vacs and 2 pumps (water pump and a pump out). That all will run on 2 15amp as long as you don't run your pump over 550-600 psi. I am running my 2 vacs an auto dump, a transfer pump and a water otter pump all in 2 15amp lines for the last 5 years now. On one line I have vac 1 and auto dump and the transfer pump, the second line I have the vac 2 and the water otter, the vac motors are the 3 stage high powered 5.7, I have also worked for a quit bit with the 6.6s and had no issues tripping breakers also as I have mentioned I ran the LX vacs as well for about 7-8 jobs and had no issues.
If you are worried about tripping breakers what I would suggest is that after you set up with hoses and ready to turn on your machine put a cravis tool at the end of the hose so the orfice will be alot smaller so this way your vacs are always operating with low amps, and once you attach your wand you will keep it on the carpet most of the time any way. Do you know what I mean?

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
My friend you don't need 3 cords to operate 2 vacs and 2 pumps (water pump and a pump out). That all will run on 2 15amp as long as you don't run your pump over 550-600 psi. I am running my 2 vacs an auto dump, a transfer pump and a water otter pump all in 2 15amp lines for the last 5 years now. On one line I have vac 1 and auto dump and the transfer pump, the second line I have the vac 2 and the water otter, the vac motors are the 3 stage high powered 5.7, I have also worked for a quit bit with the 6.6s and had no issues tripping breakers also as I have mentioned I ran the LX vacs as well for about 7-8 jobs and had no issues.
If you are worried about tripping breakers what I would suggest is that after you set up with hoses and ready to turn on your machine put a cravis tool at the end of the hose so the orfice will be alot smaller so this way your vacs are always operating with low amps, and once you attach your wand you will keep it on the carpet most of the time any way. Do you know what I mean?
Yes I know but this machine has a 1.6KW heater built in. I will put the heater and the 1/2 HP pump on one cord. The other 2 cords will just be for the vacuums, pump out and demand pump. That way I still have a little allowance for the 15 amp load.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Shortly after this post I opted to buy the Jaguar 8.4 ETM and never looked back. Hasn’t been a single day I regretted buying it
That's good that it's working great for you. One thing I don't like about Cross American is that they don't offer much info in their website. No schematic diagram, no parts list breakdown. It will be harder to understand and troubleshoot the machine without it.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Yes I know but this machine has a 1.6KW heater built in. I will put the heater and the 1/2 HP pump on one cord. The other 2 cords will just be for the vacuums, pump out and demand pump. That way I still have a little allowance for the 15 amp load.
I was using it before with the dryer converter to get two 20 amp lines but the converter is always tripping. I guess the primary cord is drawing more than 20 amps with the heater on. So there's no way to make this machine functional than to convert it to 3 cords.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
ahh i see, i wouldn't use the heater, i rather use the customer's hot water, i am surprised most of the homes have boiling water that i can't touch cleans very well, but of course it is your business, you made a good plan but 4 cords even you find 4 cords it adds time to the set up and the tidy up, been there and done that moved on ;)

Reactions: Allred

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
That's good that it's working great for you. One thing I don't like about Cross American is that they don't offer much info in their website. No schematic diagram, no parts list breakdown. It will be harder to understand and troubleshoot the machine without it.

il start you off with the parts list

:D

• Haha
Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
currently i love my set up, i will plug in to 2 15 amp lines to operate my machine with a 500 psi cat pump. i will still have my otter pump on board for tile and grout, however i will use my otter pump in a different 15amp line because of high pressure. i have an upgrade 3ht lg heater, i am still waiting for my 1005lx, it got delayed because of winter storms. i will receive it on tuesday after the long weekend even though it is sitting in the dock right now bummer :cautious:. but i am patient. i got to thank John LaBarbera to make this happen, he have provided excellent customer service, because mytee customer service told me that they don't ship large items like this to canada, i told john i want this 1005lx and he made it happen. thank you john.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
ahh i see, i wouldn't use the heater, i rather use the customer's hot water, i am surprised most of the homes have boiling water that i can't touch cleans very well, but of course it is your business, you made a good plan but 4 cords even you find 4 cords it adds time to the set up and the tidy up, been there and done that moved on ;)
I'm going to try it out the busy season this year. I probably won't need the 4th cord for the hot turbo in the summer months. Or I can use the demand pump to pump hot tap water from the nearest sink to fill my on board water tank and use that same demand pump to supply from on board tank to the LTD6. If I have warm water to begin with and use the built in heater, I won't need the hot turbo. I can only see this set up useful for attached garage homes where I'm parked at the pad. Most have the laundry are next to garage. Pull out 3 cords and plug in the same room and done. Otherwise, I'm just gonna fire up the gas truckmount.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Well when you pull the tanks off you find out just how simple that machine is everything so clearly laid out if you can't figure it out you have no business touching any piece of equipment

Reactions: Ed Valentine

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
currently i love my set up, i will plug in to 2 15 amp lines to operate my machine with a 500 psi cat pump. i will still have my otter pump on board for tile and grout, however i will use my otter pump in a different 15amp line because of high pressure. i have an upgrade 3ht lg heater, i am still waiting for my 1005lx, it got delayed because of winter storms. i will receive it on tuesday after the long weekend even though it is sitting in the dock right now bummer :cautious:. but i am patient. i got to thank John LaBarbera to make this happen, he have provided excellent customer service, because mytee customer service told me that they don't ship large items like this to canada, i told john i want this 1005lx and he made it happen. thank you john.
So are you going to add a demand pump to pressure feed the 500 psi CAT pump?

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Sorry my friend, I'm not a genius like you. I need the diagram to better understand it.
It would take me a long time to understand this just by looking at the actual wirings itself without this diagram.

Attachments

• LTD3 Schematic.jpeg
    LTD3 Schematic.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 134