mytee ETM astro van setup advice | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

mytee ETM astro van setup advice

Brian Jones

Jul 17, 2013
Real Name
Brian Jones
Hoping anyone could give me feedback or advice on my new setup. also directly behind the reel is my generator. hoping to be able to save as much room as possible. wondering where also to place solution/garden reels. etc. advice on onboard water heat, etc.
van2.jpg
van1.jpg

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I have an Astro too right now.

Still going??

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
oranges to apples? You have gmcc savanna 3500 Full size and we are talking Astro ?

Looks organized though!

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
I too had my setup in an astro van at first but the equipment became too heavy for it so I had to upgrade to a savanna especially I needed to use a diesel burner. I currently don't have a generator in my van. I just use customers power

Reactions: Fedri

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
4 cords. 3 if the vacs are wired to a 30amp outlet cord?

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I have an Astro too right now.

Still going??
I also have an Astro van. I love it.

To handle the extra weight I had extra leaf springs installed at a local truck repair shop. It is my backup van and has served me very well over the years.

I am running a dual wand ETM with 220,000 BTU LP auto pilot heater.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I also have an Astro van. I love it.

To handle the extra weight I had extra leaf springs installed at a local truck repair shop. It is my backup van and has served me very well over the years.

I am running a dual wand ETM with 220,000 BTU LP auto pilot heater.
Wow very cool - pictures?

What year and how many miles?

Also, didn't imagine ETM could be dual wand capable.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
I am currently looking for some pics, but I know I have some. Too cold today to photo new ones, and the inside of the van is a mess right now.

It is a 2000 Astro with 120,000 miles. It still drives and runs great.

This could be the only true dual wand ETM in existence, as I designed and built it from scratch back when I manufactured them for sale (single and dual wand models).

Honda 8500 watt continuous on-board genset drawing fuel from the van gas tank, or 4 reels of 12 AWG electical cords for power. The genset will run both wands at the same time by itself.

100 gallons of fresh water, in 2 separate tanks to offset the changing load.

Twin recovery tanks (4 -HO lamb vac motors, 2 per wand), each with separate APO's and a footprint of less than one square foot per tank. Floor space is at a premium in a van (more so in an ASTRO), so make things taller to take advantage of cubic space available.

Cat 290 high pressure pump (1200 PSI @ 3.5 GPM) with a 2 HP electric motor for dual wands or tile cleaning. PumpTec 600 PSI for single wand/upholstery cleaning.

220,000 BTU (patented - my patent) LP heater with auto-pilot capable of well over 250º!
(I designed and patented the electronic circuitry that controls the heater)

On-board RV water softener, solution hose reel, vac hose reel, and 100' of fresh water hose on live reel.

This ETM can split apart whereas you take only the vacuum inside, and run the pressure and heat from the van, if there is a great distance to get inside. For times when you have to go completely inside as in a large commercial job, you take the units in separately and use a 6000 watt Volcano heater.

Still kickin' butt 20 years later with little or no repairs in 20 years.

Last edited:

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
This is not only for Home Advisor, but Angie's list as well
The link to the class action lawsuit can be found below.

>>HERE<<<

Kingdomcome84

Jul 28, 2013
Real Name
Kenechi Enezuagu
discard the post above. I posted in the wrong thread
mods please delete my post above