Mytee Escape or PE500 ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee Escape or PE500 ?

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I am debating between a Prospector PE500 and the Mytee Escape. I plan to also have a 7500 Watt Predator generator in the van. If the generator has enough electric and circuits, I'll use an inline heater, otherwise I would install a propane instant water heater in the van. Thoughts on making a set up like this work?

Is it possible to get enough vac power through 100 feet of hose from a porty like the PE500?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: pgcleaner

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
I am debating between a Prospector PE500 and the Mytee Escape. I plan to also have a 7500 Watt Predator generator in the van. If the generator has enough electric and circuits, I'll use an inline heater, otherwise I would install a propane instant water heater in the van. Thoughts on making a set up like this work?

Is it possible to get enough vac power through 100 feet of hose from a porty like the PE500?
I assume you are talking about dual 3 stage PE500 with 205" lift and 190 cfm (19 amp two cord). In that case on paper, when you are using 2" hose, yes, it'll work. Suction wise it will be inferior to mytee escape or nautilus extreme, but i doubt you'll have enough heat if the water going in before the pump isn't warm enough. Even if you are using a dual jet wand under 200 psi with a 2400w mytee hot turbo, the output temperature will only be lukewarm if the input temperature is cold. A 2400w in line heater is only 8200 btu/hr(even though it's efficient), while even the little giant's entry model 2HT has a 65000btu/hr. There's just no contest.

Reactions: pgcleaner

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
Thanks gordon qian. If I used the inline heater closer to the wand (after the pump) would that solve the problem?
only if you bring the machine inside the house, fill up with hot tap water (like i'm doing) for minimum heat loss (especially for the winter), then a 1800w or 2400w in line heater will get it very hot at the wand. This is why mytee escape is adding a generator on the vehicle so a good amount of inline heating can be extracted from the generator engine, or else you'll have to stick with a gas inline heater.

jarre

Dec 11, 2020
Real Name
juan arreola

Which machine did you get ?

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Which machine did you get ?
You know after a lot of research. I ended up going with a gas TM. I got an entry level TM from Chem-Tex. $8500.
14hp.jpg