Mytee Eco 13-Lite Orbital | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee Eco 13-Lite Orbital

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
Oreck is $300 tops, a CRB is $2k, .........Mytee 14" is $2650 per JLB post.

Id rather have a CRB and an Oreck than just a 14" mytee anytime. A much more versatile combination.

If you are using OP machine just to agitate, sell it and get a CRB. If you are using an OP machine to clean and remove dirt from carpet, you should always use a cotton pad. JMO

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
My 14 inch OP from mytee is used to replace my 175. I bought the LT model. It's way lighter 81 lbs than the other models . It doesn't have the larger motor, tank pump and hardware. It cost me around 1300 OTD.View attachment 82767
It's like an oreck orbiter on steroids. It's too light for serious commercial work but really shines on residential paired with my CRB. That's a 17 inch bonnet on a 14 inch driver.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I've had my Eco-13 for a few month now. It does a great job in combo with a CRB. I'm still 99% HWE but on condos/apartments my TM can't reach, or I don't want to pull that much hose to do, I use it.

Yesterday I had a vacant condo, that wasn't too bad, with cheap poly. I used Vacaway Hot Knife 6 oz. and 4 oz. of Peroxcellent and it came out great, but it took for ever. I could have done it in half the time with a TM. I prevacuumed and vacuumed again after finishing. It was almost dry when I left.To get poly clean you must scrub and scrub first with a CRB and then extract with cotton bonnets (Glad Pads).

Last edited:
Reactions: StevenB. and Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I've had my Eco-13 for a few month now. I does a great job in combo with a CRB. I'm still 99% HWE but on condos/apartments my TM can't reach I use it.

Yesterday had a vacant condo too far for my TM with cheap poly. I used Vacaway Hot Knife 6 oz. and 4 oz. of Peroxcellent and it came out great, but it took for ever. I could have done it in half the time with a TM. I prevacuumed and vacuumed again after finishing.To get poly clean you must scrub and scrub first with a CRB and then extract with cotton bonnets (Glad Pads).
Sounds like alot of steps that takes longer.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Sounds like alot of steps that takes longer.
Yes, but you do make more of a profit. I didn't have to run my TM. All I used was some encap. Big profits with VLM !!!

Reactions: ACP

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I've missed 2 jobs this month because I didn't have a portable and the customer didn't want VLM. They said carpet was bad and needed to be deep cleaned. I only use VLM on lightly soiled carpet.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
We have done a lot this year in encap already.. repeat customers with very clean carpets high end homes 5mil+ I prefer it.

1 guy upstairs or in a different wing of the house knocking out 8 areas of encap, second guy downstairs using TM on stairs and heavy traffic areas
Exactly why I purchased the Mytee Lite . One on the OP the other on the wand.
However I'm On my 3rd bearing (<100 hrs) hope they got it right this time . One of the replacement bearings was bad from their source. Actually clicked straight from the package. Mytee did replace all for free.
When its up and running its a great addition .

Reactions: StevenB.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
We have done a lot this year in encap already.. repeat customers with very clean carpets high end homes 5mil+ I prefer it.

1 guy upstairs or in a different wing of the house knocking out 8 areas of encap, second guy downstairs using TM on stairs and heavy traffic areas
What encap are you using?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Matrix oxy, pro caps for commercial, and encapu green
Sorry, forgot to ask. Are you using a 175, CRB, or OP? and which OP?

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Exactly why I purchased the Mytee Lite . One on the OP the other on the wand.
However I'm On my 3rd bearing (<100 hrs) hope they got it right this time . One of the replacement bearings was bad from their source. Actually clicked straight from the package. Mytee did replace all for free.
When its up and running its a great addition .
personally never had any success with mytee products... definitely wont be buying any in the future.

Going to be ordering 1-2 orbot vibes soon as our commercial side has grown a bit

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
personally never had any success with mytee products... definitely wont be buying any in the future.

Going to be ordering 1-2 orbot vibes soon as our commercial side has grown a bit
I've used the Vibe . Best looking OP on the market (compared to Mytee or Trinity) however it is slow and the Weight kit is a must which requires two trips up and down stairs. CX Oribetec is also slow which I also have.
I purchased the Mytee Lite from Damon Williams (Encap$tore) who I know personally and trust. I knew D. would have my back and wasn't surprised when I had issues . Like yourself I have had bad luck with Mytee products.
81 lbs and a total cost 1300 including shipping its hard to pass by . Use it for residential basements whenever possible . Dry times are fast.
For encapping Large commercial we use the proven Cimex. Smaller offices etc. the Lite or our Cx-17 is OK.

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
ya still torn between the cimex and vibe but the vibe looks really good for high end residential, especially once you slap company logo on
I love my cimex but running pads under it gets old quick. I have been looking at the Vibe to run larger pads in hopes of getting more sq.ft out of every change.

Reactions: ACP

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
I love my cimex but running pads under it gets old quick. I have been looking at the Vibe to run larger pads in hopes of getting more sq.ft out of every change.
I meant to say bonnets instead of pads.