StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I wanted a larger oreck orbiter. I loved that little thing but I only clean residential. It beat the hell out of dragging my 13 inch hawk 175 with the teeny weeny wheels. It can do a great job for agitation without the need of a 175. My hawk was a strip down model because I wanted it to be lighter. The Eco 13 has been great overall. I wouldn't trade it for any of the other models for my use. If someone is looking to break into commercial carpet cleaning this isn't the best choice because it's too light and only 1/2 hp. Only residential carpets less weight is your friend. Less weight is free hp as well. Durability is yet to be determined but so far so good. I have had to replace my bearing assembly after 8 months. I received the new improved bearing at no charge. Even I could fix that. I expect it to be a wear item. Things that shake don't last as long as things that spin smoothly.:D

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
From Clarkes and Advance 175s to the Oreck Orbitor to a Orbitec CX-17 and now the ECO LITE .
The Lite is faster than all of the above and cleans as well but is definitely louder and vibrates more. It also eats up the pads faster (wonder if a smaller Orbit would be better ??).
MF pads have been my favorite . Fiber pads a NO on residential unless you want to deal with staple fibers.
No complaints only observations .
It has served my purpose as another means of cleaning and increased productivity . Tech on the wand and when feasible I'm on the Eddie Money (Lite) LOL.
I do use it on smaller commercial . Cimex , CX or HWE (Zipper) for larger commercial.

Reactions: StevenB.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I like microfiber but the cotton pads are great for soil absorption.
MF pads do not bundle up on any form of carpets like cotton pads . Cotton pads (Glads) have been OK for heavier residential . MF pads also hide the dirt better from the client :oops::eek: .
I do dampen all pads before use under a faucet then wring them out.
When using MF pads I do change them often.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
@StevenB. Do you have the same issues with the Pads ??
Did you ever install the Dampners ?? Curious if you would have any issues with the pads as I described above. Only used the Lite for a few jobs until I installed the Dampners so I'm only curious if it has any bearing on this.
Maybe @John LaBarbera could send you some :):):)

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Thats how you really make money... 1 tech on the wand in the dirty high traffic downstairs areas and stairs, 2nd guy upstairs in the less dirty areas encapping...

or 2nd guy in the showers with the vapor steamer $$$$$

Reactions: Jimsteam

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
In my experiment. I've learned that it can work for residential carpets IF someone is willing to give it a decent vacuuming the next day. CRB alone isn't good enough with post vac. Neither is the OP. Together it's impressive.

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
Did you ever install the Dampners ?? Curious if you would have any issues with the pads as I described above. Only used the Lite for a few jobs until I installed the Dampners so I'm only curious if it has any bearing on this.
I think he has the dampeners.

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
I just got them and will install them this weekend. Lots of projects at home that involve the business and reclaiming turf now that we are empty nesters. I expect it will help but I don't have anything to compare it to except my Oreck orbiter.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Thats how you really make money... 1 tech on the wand in the dirty high traffic downstairs areas and stairs, 2nd guy upstairs in the less dirty areas encapping...

or 2nd guy in the showers with the vapor steamer $$$$$
I can't double wand so this was the next best thing I could do . At 17" the the CX-17 was too large for residential and was awkward . The 13" is a perfect fit .

Reactions: ACP

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I just got them and will install them this weekend. Lots of projects at home that involve the business and reclaiming turf now that we are empty nesters. I expect it will help but I don't have anything to compare it to except my Oreck orbiter.
No problem . I only want to hear your opinion if there is difference in pad life or if the pads bundle after you install them (dampeners).
No hurry I also have projects and our nesters come back in the shape of grandchildren (weekends only) :ROFLMAO:.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I can't double wand so this was the next best thing I could do . At 17" the the CX-17 was too large for residential and was awkward . The 13" is a perfect fit .
honestly dual wanding residential only makes sense if its a really big home with like east wing and west wing, front and back stair cases etc.

Ive never done it from one TM but have ran 2 trucks on jobs like that plenty of times

anything up to about 5000sqft home though the encap+TM is a better combo anyways, its too many hoses to deal with dual wanding

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
We have found using a larger diameter pad helps to keep the pad from bunching up.

Reactions: Joe cool