Mytee Bently Wand??

sctcal50

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Charles Calhoun

Bought a new Bently Wand and this is how it showed up. What am i missing to hold it together? Don't i get the coupler to shorten the length? From what I understand it should have showed up in 1 piece with coupler. Thanks in advance.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
View attachment 84214View attachment 84215

Bought a new Bently Wand and this is how it showed up. What am i missing to hold it together? Don't i get the coupler to shorten the length? From what I understand it should have showed up in 1 piece with coupler. Thanks in advance.
that is strange @John LaBarbera
you were suppose to get the coupler to shorten it also you should have the black round thing to hold the 14in manifold and the tube. John can help.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
damn, Im sure they will make the swivel problem correct but personally I would go with a wand that you can adjust the jets
i have the tmf wand with adjustable jets and i have never adjusted anything. i don't know why would technicians play with that or why would it be so important

John LaBarbera

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Sep 13, 2008
San Diego, Ca
www.mytee.com
Real Name
John LaBarbera
View attachment 84214View attachment 84215

Pm me I’ll need a little information. Name phone. Address.

Reactions: Fedri

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
Sheer has really nothing to do with how close the jets are to the vacuum but the angle in which the water penetrates into the carpet. Low sheer creates deeper penetration while high sheer creates a lower penetration. Helps on dirty carpets to get a deeper clean and better dry times a carpet that’s no so dirty depending on your adjustment

Reactions: ACP

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
yup

also everyone holds their wand at a slightly different angle, so you should be able to adjust it accordingly. The vac slot will still bite at a lot of different angles but the jets will hit differently depending on how tall the operator is.

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
I do agree with Fredi about most people never really utilizing their sheer adjustment but the rotaries being relatively cheap to own now there’s almost no need adjust the sheer it’s easier to switch to a rotary when needed

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I do agree with Fredi about most people never really utilizing their sheer adjustment but the rotaries being relatively cheap to own now there’s almost no need adjust the sheer it’s easier to switch to a rotary when needed
Exactly, these days we have better pre sprays that works amazing again filthy carpets. Another option is pre scrub and then extract. I rather have my jets hitting close to the vacuum, adjusting those jets far apart from the vacuum will lead more water under the pad, imo this is not the right way of cleaning. If it's filthy use superior more concentrated pre sprays or at least pre scrub so you don't move those jets far away from the vacuum.

sctcal50

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Charles Calhoun
Problem is being resolved, Thank you John.
The wand does have shear built in and it is
built very solid. It’s light and swivels, love it already.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
damn, Im sure they will make the swivel problem correct but personally I would go with a wand that you can adjust the jets
I do agree the jets could use some adjustment. I personally found the jets a little too low for certain types of carpets with thicker pile if using the stock metal glide. Right now I'm using a holed Greenglide and it pretty much solves that problem. I don't like the stock metal glide very much although it's not terrible. I find the wand works best on shorter pile or cgd with the metal glide. I think the angle of the jets is fine for most cleaning. I got very good water recovery with the stock glide, but noticeably better with the Greenglide. The jets hit just behind the Greenglide which is exactly what I want them to do. I think they're the perfect height and angle with this glide.
20190415_173116.jpg
20190415_173131.jpg
20190415_173149.jpg
20190415_173248.jpg

Last edited:

sunrisecarpet951

Apr 9, 2016
Real Name
Allan
Agreed. But if you’re limited on equipment, a good sheer kit can take a mediocre wand to the next level

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Agreed. But if you’re limited on equipment, a good sheer kit can take a mediocre wand to the next level
I doubt it's even possible to put a sheer kit on the Bentley. There's no room to move the jets up at all and as it comes to you they can't be put down any lower at all either. I don't see a way to do it anyway.

sctcal50

May 9, 2018
Real Name
Charles Calhoun
I do agree the jets could use some adjustment. I personally found the jets a little too low for certain types of carpets with thicker pile if using the stock metal glide. Right now I'm using a holed Greenglide and it pretty much solves that problem. I don't like the stock metal glide very much although it's not terrible. I find the wand works best on shorter pile or cgd with the metal glide. I think the angle of the jets is fine for most cleaning. I got very good water recovery with the stock glide, but noticeably better with the Greenglide. The jets hit just behind the Greenglide which is exactly what I want them to do. I think they're the perfect height and angle with this glide.
View attachment 84240View attachment 84241View attachment 84242View attachment 84243
Could you give me the info on the
greenglide. Thanks

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
greenglide. Thanks
Unfortunately, there is not much info to give. The glide that I have is a test run that I'm testing out for them. I would have preferred a slotted glide and still want one, but the holed glide does better than I expected. To my knowledge, they are not selling a glide for the Bentley at this time. Perhaps they will soon, but you will have to ask them about that. These glides are fairly expensive at over 200 each. I am impressed with the fit of the glide and the fact I only needed a rubber mallet to install it. Here is their number if you want to give them a call about it sometime. 866-438-8335

Reactions: John LaBarbera

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
greenglide. Thanks
imo the original glide is the best out there comparing to any other glides, the original glide really glides easier then any other glide.
i have tried the glide from cobb here is the link and i really found out that it does not glide easily. these type of glides will not glide as easy as we think. don't spend your money. however if you really want to try it here is the link
https://www.this company does not support TMF.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76&products_id=5439&zenid=mcu8o38m989n9dub3lap91dtb3

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke