Mytee air hog vac booster 7303

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you spend $1200 to gain 5%, well we get the point. And there’s a certain point your simply done. Booster or not, your always going to have a 1.5” wand limiting anything down the line. Get them to exchange that 1.5” wand for a 2” and be done.
The LX Airhog is the closest thing to a TM in every facet on 2 cords available for sale today. A 1.5" wand is only a limiting factor in certain set ups, but not all. Honestly, I don't see diminishing returns in these examples.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
If you spend $1200 to gain 5%, well we get the point. And there’s a certain point your simply done. Booster or not, your always going to have a 1.5” wand limiting anything down the line. Get them to exchange that 1.5” wand for a 2” and be done.
Did a little research after church and a few experiments.
First, there are going to multiple variables right down to the glide installed on the end of your wand.
So I took a 5 gallon measured bucket and by myself this is quite the task. I need another persons help
However, at this point here's what I have found out.
1. With a 25 foot coiled up hose and water at 65 degrees:
2" diameter hose at the end it picks up 5 gallons in about 2.5- 3 seconds.

2" diameters hose with 1.5 reducer approx 3-4 seconds.
However very difficult to tell. I need my wife's help and shes taking a nap. So I will get some more measurements after she wakes up.
I need both hands to keep the hose end from attaching itself to the bucket. Or a cage for the bottom of the hose. A work in progress.
Once I feel I have better accurate readings I will then measure from the wand end with the glide on in a tray containing 5 gallons as well.
I'm going to have to go through the steps and whittle away at the data.
I will have better more accurate data later today.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
PS....just a side note. Where the air hog will shine is when longer hose runs are utilized....

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
PS....just a side note. Where the air hog will shine is when longer hose runs are utilized....
You need to buy yourself a CfM gauge and a lift gauge if you have over 150 CFM and 150 in a lift you're good to 75 foot without issue
You can get a vacuum gauge at any auto parts store it'll be in inches of mercury your goals to be around 14 that's about a hundred and fifty in of water

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
This may be telling me however because of the marginal differences that I am no where near maxed out on cfms FOR THE 2.0 HOSE. BUT MAXED OUT FOR THE 1.5.
You need to buy yourself a CfM gauge and a lift gauge if you have over 150 CFM and 150 in a lift you're good to 75 foot without issue
You can get a vacuum gauge at any auto parts store it'll be in inches of mercury your goals to be around 14 that's about a hundred and fifty in of water
thanks ymetimme. I will dig out my vacuum gauge and see if I can use it. Possible I'm maxed on the 1.5 but can get alot more with the 2.0. This may explain the close numbers with the 5 gallon suction test.......?????

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
On the Anemometer You need to enter the number 0.020 to get CFM. Now to calculate your inches of water it is multiply your inches of mercury by 13.6. if you're over 150 on both you can run a hundred to a hundred and fifty feet without issue no booster needed despite of what anybody else says
Screenshot_20190113-154647_Amazon%20Shopping~2.jpg
Screenshot_20190113-154811_Amazon%20Shopping~2.jpg

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Your going to find out you don't need your Edic for vacuum at all once you have the Airhog. BTW, 14" Hg is about 190" of water.
Hey thanks jim. I know edic had it nailed pretty good then. They claimed 191 lift on their advertisement.
But I'm guessing 140-165 cfms

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m kinda of the other thought you don’t need a air hog at all unless going over 150ft. Why even bother. Get a 2” wand. Air hogs great, but is a gas TM at some point.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I’m kinda of the other thought you don’t need a air hog at all unless going over 150ft. Why even bother. Get a 2” wand. Air hogs great, but is a gas TM at some point.
If he had an Airhog he wouldn't have to move his machine, would clean faster and deeper.

A 2" wand is too much wand for his current portable.

What are you basing this advice off of AZ?

Reactions: Fedri

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Hey thanks jim. I know edic had it nailed pretty good then. They claimed 191 lift on their advertisement.
But I'm guessing 140-165 cfms
We have that exact machine over at our detail shop it's actually a screamer
Why in the flip did they put the fittings on the wrong way..!!! but after playing with it a little bit I can tell you it would work a lot better with a 2-inch wand that thing's got plenty of power

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Once I swapped wands there was a huge difference. With the new wand it would pull my wool blend rug off the floor. I figured that told me its pulling pretty hard all the way down to the base of the carpet!
I stated that earlier but figured everyone thought I was just bragging up the new wand.....lol

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Why would a 2” wand be “too much”
He’s got large vac motors, 2” input, and hose?
2” everything would make the most sense if he wanted max extraction
Both 2” and 1.5” you can only suck up as much as it can suck up. 2” has more ability. If you added 2 airhogs you can still only suck up as much as a 2” can suck up. After that it defys physics.

Last edited:

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Why? He has a portable known to be able to have some serious hose lengths. Adding a $1200 airhog imho isn’t needed. It’s a portable. Move the machine closer, versus trying to make it go past 125-150ft

Reactions: Prestigecarpetclean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Once I swapped wands there was a huge difference. With the new wand it would pull my wool blend rug off the floor. I figured that told me its pulling pretty hard all the way down to the base of the carpet!
I stated that earlier but figured everyone thought I was just bragging up the new wand.....lol
Ok, boss just woke up! 3 seconds flat with 25' of 2 inch. Open end hose.
With the reducer on its 4 seconds. Not sure how big of a difference we are talking. Need the gauges to get the readings. Alot of variables and I am still learning.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
AZ, two 3 stage in series isn't exactly capable of serious hose lengths. At a realistic 4 flow you are going to max at 75' tops and that is going to be slow cleaning. The Airhog will make the two 3 stage motors in series look stupid and it would retain more muscle at the wand than your machine at any length and be capable of using a TM wand.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I like the simple fact of not having to haul that mother %$*#$ up the stairs!!! I'm 52 in 4 days. It's not the same....lol

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I still don't understand why you wouldn't just replace the vacuumstage motors with lx motors or 6.6 2 stage I mean what the LX or the 6.6 to stage you would not need a booster and it would basically blow your mind

Reactions: Fedri

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I still don't understand why you wouldn't just replace the vacuumstage motors with lx motors or 6.6 2 stage I mean what the LX or the 6.6 to stage you would not need a booster and it would basically blow your mind
Someone mentioned my fans run in reverse and I have a manifold on top that draws cool air in over the motors. So I would need special parts. I could do it though..

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Can you suck up 5 gallons in 1.5 seconds????? That would be mind blowing for sure.
The guy who sold me my wand sucked up some ladies curtains right off the wall...