Mytee air hog vac booster 7303 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Mytee air hog vac booster 7303

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Yeah John
I remember those days when I thought I could do 200 ft runs with a portable.
WTF was Thinking ?
You and me both buddy.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Can understand wanting to use as short hose as possible but on something like a butler can’t you get performance to do a professional job with good dry times from great distance like 2-400ft??

Short answer is no. Its like thinking your much stronger then the average guy, so why not get the heaviest portable since you're strong. Makes no sense at all. I ALWAYS use the shortest hose run possible on my portable, and Truck Mount. To not do so is stupid. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just keeping it real.

Reactions: Fedri and Jimsteam

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Now with some experience...re-readin this thread is reducing anxiety about using my LX air hog on my max hose runs of 2" 125' hose.

Seems I don't need to be worried about lack of vacuum at this distance.

At 150' would you guys say the airhog still delivers a deep professional clean? (seem to worry that one day ill need 150' on a job)
I clean cgd with 150' of hose with my LX portable, no problem. Here's a few things that matter to me. Zero leaks in the system, from the motor compartment all the way to the floor, clean free flowing inline filter, keep your hoses in straight lines with no coils or piles and short power cord lengths. I use just 2 hose sections on long runs, 100' from the machine and then a 50' which is removed asap. At 100' I still have 192 cfm and a full compliment of lift using 1 section of vac hose, this is plenty for even my high flow wand. I strongly recommend internal hose connections that don't leak, don't waste power with janky quick connectors that rob performance. Less connections, zero leaks, clean filter = great performance. I run portables and TM's everyday, if you set your portable up right it can kick some ass.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Short answer is no. Its like thinking your much stronger then the average guy, so why not get the heaviest portable since you're strong. Makes no sense at all. I ALWAYS use the shortest hose run possible on my portable, and Truck Mount. To not do so is stupid. Sorry, not trying to be a jerk, just keeping it real.
I don’t think your being a jerk I appreciate you giving real answers.

I guess what I’m asking is how long of a hose run can a guy do with say your hydra master cds or a similar butler system and do a professional job with good dry times?

I see the butler package comes with 150’ hose.

..I’m sure there’s a million variables but in general terms if possible.
I clean cgd with 150' of hose with my LX portable, no problem. Here's a few things that matter to me. Zero leaks in the system, from the motor compartment all the way to the floor, clean free flowing inline filter, keep your hoses in straight lines with no coils or piles and short power cord lengths. I use just 2 hose sections on long runs, 100' from the machine and then a 50' which is removed asap. At 100' I still have 192 cfm and a full compliment of lift using 1 section of vac hose, this is plenty for even my high flow wand. I strongly recommend internal hose connections that don't leak, don't waste power with janky quick connectors that rob performance. Less connections, zero leaks, clean filter = great performance. I run portables and TM's everyday, if you set your portable up right it can kick some ass.
you mention CGD at 150..different limitations for higher pike residential?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
There's no difference, I just don't ever need to run that much hose on residential.
Awesome.

So it seems the majority might disagree with what your stating at least somewhat.

But, it seems you really need to dial in your hoses with regards to leaks, etc. and all the other things you mentioned which makes sense.

Hose management despite my best efforts has been an ongoing PIA.

...getting right lengths as needed etc.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Yes, others disagree with me, but I can't speak for their equipment, setup, maintenance, etc... I have devoted a lot of time after work
into getting the most out of my equipment so I can haul ass at work.
With regards to the free flowing inline filter, are you still using the dust deputy? Im converting my wand from 7.5 to 10 flow and worried about my waste tank getting full quickly. Im thinking of the dust deputy inline filter with built in pump out and just pump out dirty water to customer’s toilet. Nothing goes back to waste tank in truck. Or in winter, just leave the portable in truck, use the vacuum and bring water pump and pump out inside. I remember seeing a thread about your inline filter before, I just couldn’t find it now.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Yes, others disagree with me, but I can't speak for their equipment, setup, maintenance, etc... I have devoted a lot of time after work
I imagine your custom built extractor / set up is stronger than any manufacturer has on the open market for sale ....bar none.

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Electric vacs can only do so much.. I've been fine around 150ft before but also my standards for dry times 10yrs ago were much different than today, this was also an ETM that had a little giant so the hotter water was producing better dry times.

These days I would not run that set up at 150ft, 100ft max... if using cold water then even less.

I would also stick to a 12inch wand if using electric.

However if I were starting all over and on a budget with no TM in the near future I would be primarily VLM with a small porty only for the jobs that really need it. Main focus would be branding and sales.

We incorporated encap a lot this year and the profits, especially on commercial work are ridiculous...

Reactions: Jimsteam

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Electric vacs can only do so much.. I've been fine around 150ft before but also my standards for dry times 10yrs ago were much different than today, this was also an ETM that had a little giant so the hotter water was producing better dry times.

These days I would not run that set up at 150ft, 100ft max... if using cold water then even less.

I would also stick to a 12inch wand if using electric.

However if I were starting all over and on a budget with no TM in the near future I would be primarily VLM with a small porty only for the jobs that really need it. Main focus would be branding and sales.

We incorporated encap a lot this year and the profits, especially on commercial work are ridiculous...
Using your above scenario what tools would be must if any besides crb for vlm?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
With regards to the free flowing inline filter, are you still using the dust deputy? Im converting my wand from 7.5 to 10 flow and worried about my waste tank getting full quickly. Im thinking of the dust deputy inline filter with built in pump out and just pump out dirty water to customer’s toilet. Nothing goes back to waste tank in truck. Or in winter, just leave the portable in truck, use the vacuum and bring water pump and pump out inside. I remember seeing a thread about your inline filter before, I just couldn’t find it now.
Yes, I use the cyclone in my tank. It directs water and debris down and draws air through the top to reinforce the path of the waste water.

20191010_112744.jpg

I imagine your custom built extractor / set up is stronger than any manufacturer has on the open market for sale ....bar none.
Mine are made for exactly how we use them. Easy to transport, setup and breakdown with auto everything. I can pull everything from the van into the job in one go, with a drink in my other hand.
20191010_113103.jpg

Everything setup and prespraying in under 4 minutes. It's really a pleasure to use. I love great paying high rise work.
20191010_114413.jpg

Attachments

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I am very very happy with 5 x 015 jets (7.5 total) on 15in mach 15 running approx 600-650 psi at the machine but we run high temps little giant #4.

This set up has great impact on the fibers and cuts through dirty carpet very easily without having to do a lot of overlapping or multiple passes in heavy traffic areas. Dry times are also very short
Don’t you have any problem with the 0.15 jets constantly clogging up? Im using a Zipper with the same jets and planning on converting to 0.2 jets. Just worried that the increased flow at 400 psi will make my waste water tank fill up fast. Why didn’t you use 0.2?

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Yes, I use the cyclone in my tank. It directs water and debris down and draws air through the top to reinforce the path of the waste water.

View attachment 87576

Mine are made for exactly how we use them. Easy to transport, setup and breakdown with auto everything. I can pull everything from the van into the job in one go, with a drink in my other hand.
View attachment 87577

Everything setup and prespraying in under 4 minutes. It's really a pleasure to use. I love great paying high rise work.
View attachment 87579
Ok thanks. I’ve got to do this. I wonder why no CC machine manufacturer has made this kind of inline filter as it makes vacuum constant from start to finish. It has to be part of the entire system.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Ok thanks. I’ve got to do this. I wonder why no CC machine manufacturer has made this kind of inline filter as it makes vacuum constant from start to finish. It has to be part of the entire system.
They have been making the same portable with different components for ages, probably not going to change either. Manufacturers and
engineers don't clean with them freaking everyday, so they are not well thought out. They can be made to be almost maintenance free and a pleasure to use with a little effort.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Using your above scenario what tools would be must if any besides crb for vlm?
Vibe or other OP machine, multiple machines with 2 operators is even better.

Did a large nursing home last night where running hoses is not only a liability but a huge pain in the ass.

3.5hrs - $4007.52. We used a TM on this place about a year ago and it was a nightmare lol.

Still testing a lot of different pads so far we love the superzorbs.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Don’t you have any problem with the 0.15 jets constantly clogging up? Im using a Zipper with the same jets and planning on converting to 0.2 jets. Just worried that the increased flow at 400 psi will make my waste water tank fill up fast. Why didn’t you use 0.2?
No we filter our water in multiple spots before it hits the wand. Incoming water is filtered, filtered again at water box, plus jet screens.

We have another wand on board with 02 jets, lately just prefer the 015s but if it's really trashed carpet were likely pulling out the 360 anyways.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Vibe or other OP machine, multiple machines with 2 operators is even better.

Did a large nursing home last night where running hoses is not only a liability but a huge pain in the ass.

3.5hrs - $4007.52. We used a TM on this place about a year ago and it was a nightmare lol.

Still testing a lot of different pads so far we love the superzorbs.
wow yeah great numbers per time spent for sure.

Using vibe or OP for VLM can it compare to HWE or can you still only really use VLM if it has been flushed prior or taken care fit in general?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
wow yeah great numbers per time spent for sure.

Using vibe or OP for VLM can it compare to HWE or can you still only really use VLM if it has been flushed prior or taken care fit in general?
That will spark a big arguement if I answer lol

You have to learn VLM as a skill and learn your limitations with it. We have done enough of it to know how effective it is, also have returned to these jobs for more service many times to know the long term effect of using it.

Not having it in your arsenal is a big mistake.