Mytee air hog vac booster 7303

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
It's crazy how much time invested and disappointments I have had modding equipment to work how I want them too. What I learned was priceless in the end though. It's kinda like hearing "the romance from the gadfly" by Shostakovich for the first time.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Failure is the best teacher.
You're darn great my friend
So far we've done some 14 prototypes
Most work somewhat but not to satisfaction
I feel we're on the right track now

it is fact that no matter how well-educated you are you have to be willing to try and fall in order to learn new things!!!!

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I currently have a prototype that hits 21hg
At 230 CFM
So I'm having an issue with the converter kicking out it would be so awesome to be able to market it I'll get it there
Lets Keep It Simple

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Sorry its a dumb question. It must be 20 amps. If that’s the case, three 15 amps is better for me than two 20 amps.
The way the board works is you take in two 120 volt sources and it will create 3 120 volt sources with divided with divided amperage
I can't elaborate too much basically you get more divided power then to standard outlets

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
At this point in time after having developed the SAVAGE ETM in the late 90's, I am still cruising about without having to make any updates in the unit for the past 15 years. I am still using the same 2 vac motors (Ametek switched reluctance brushless motors), PumpTec 207 pump, the original APO pump without any re-builds, and the original 240,000 BTU LP AFB heater with one coil replacement 2 years ago.

We also run dual wands from this unit with a second set of vac motors, and Cat 1200 PSI 3.5 GPM pump.

We use this setup as a backup these days, but recently had to use it for a few weeks when our slide-in TM went down because the Cat pump went down.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
The way the board works is you take in two 120 volt sources and it will create 3 120 volt sources with divided with divided amperage
I can't elaborate too much basically you get more divided power then to standard outlets
So you got 3 vacuum motors and the ideal way to power it is to have two 20 amps for maximum performance. If the dryer outlet is accessible, use it, if not a generator will be used. Otherewise, if I’m just gonna power it with two 15 amps, its not gonna have maximum lift and cfm. Am I right on this?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
So you got 3 vacuum motors and the ideal way to power it is to have two 20 amps for maximum performance. If the dryer outlet is accessible, use it, if not a generator will be used. Otherewise, if I’m just gonna power it with two 15 amps, its not gonna have maximum lift and cfm. Am I right on this?
No
you need to get an understanding of three phase power then you will figure out how you can run a lot more stuff on one circuit

Getting electricity handbook study at cover to cover

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Has anybody in here successfully converted their older parallel 5.7 Mytee extractor to the new series LX? I got the brackets from Mytee and looking at their engineering drawing and parts list, its supposed to be what I need but there’s no way to make it work with just these parts. Probably they also modified the waste tank and this brackets will be for that modified waste tank. I’m trying to use these brackets in conjunction with Goomer’s kit that Fedri sent me but I’m just wondering if there’s anybody in here who did it some other way. Thanks.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
No
you need to get an understanding of three phase power then you will figure out how you can run a lot more stuff on one circuit

Getting electricity handbook study at cover to cover
Will it be much easier if I’ll just supply the 3 motors with 3 15 amp circuits. I can get those 3 in the laundry room if accessible.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Will it be much easier if I’ll just supply the 3 motors with 3 15 amp circuits. I can get those 3 in the laundry room if accessible.
So if I told you that you can take a box plug two 120 volt outlets 15 amp in and get 3 120 volt 20 amp this has no interest to you?
One less plug going into the house.
And you can take a step up transformer take 1 120 volt and end up with three outlets with lesser amperage.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
So if I told you that you can take a box plug two 120 volt outlets 15 amp in and get 3 120 volt 20 amp this has no interest to you? One less plug going into the house. And you can take a step up transformer take 1 120 volt and end up with three outlets with lesser amperage.
So if I told you that you can take a box plug two 120 volt outlets 15 amp in and get 3 120 volt 20 amp this has no interest to you?
One less plug going into the house.
And you can take a step up transformer take 1 120 volt and end up with three outlets with lesser amperage.
Yes that would be very interesting indeed. Pls bring it to market soon. Thanks.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
@Ymetimme hey timme today i tried my lg 3ht heater, i noticed that it takes time to light this with the new parts, the hose that connects from the propane to the heater is kinda long and i am thinking that when ever i release the valve on the propane tank it takes some time that gas to travel up to the heater and here i am press holding the red button seems for ever by the time it fires up when i am pressing the ignite. how do you do it?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
@Ymetimme hey timme today i tried my lg 3ht heater, i noticed that it takes time to light this with the new parts, the hose that connects from the propane to the heater is kinda long and i am thinking that when ever i release the valve on the propane tank it takes some time that gas to travel up to the heater and here i am press holding the red button seems for ever by the time it fires up when i am pressing the ignite. how do you do it?
Yes compared to lg2 it takes a lot longer to light
It just makes sense the fuel has a longer path to travel down that large hose but once the pilot is lit it seems to stay lit I have yet to have it blow out

Reactions: Fedri