Mytee air hog vac booster 7303

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The experience of the operator matters more than anything, integrity is helpful. Cleaning broadloom carpet is one thing, cleaning fine textiles is another.
When your trusted to clean anything and you're the best option it makes you feel pretty darn good
Everybody else can have the nasty work I'll keep doing the nice stuff lol
20190206_115307~2.jpg
20190206_125612~3.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
fwiw its easy to get good dry times @ 150-200psi.

which is okay for a light rinse for maybe post encap to remove more soil.

definitely way too light for deep cleaning residential pile in homes with dog oil, drink spills, etc.

in my opinion your skimming the surface so yes dry times are great. Even higher flow the pressure still is too low for my tastes
How much are you getting through the wand? Not jet size but actual volume?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The experience of the operator matters more than anything, integrity is helpful. Cleaning broadloom carpet is one thing, cleaning fine textiles is another.
I agree. I just finished 2 very valuable 100+ year old flat weaves from a collector in Pinetop AZ. And a beautiful rug from Zanjan. I had to get special insurance documents before I was even able to pick it up. Without Scott W and Doug Heifernan’s class and mentoring I wouldn’t of attempted it

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I can't speak for any of Donald's products or builds, but he does know what he is talking about.
Agree. The products ive got from him just seem garage built. Not saying theres anything wrong with that as far as being functional. Just should have a finished model. Moulded, trimmed... Ive spoken to him on the phone and he is a great guy to deal with and is very smart. Just i think if your dropping 3k or more on something it shouldnt be taped up lol.
The heater idk about. I did look into getting it because it comes with a pump in tool box. And i was looking for simple fix to not having onboard pump. That would be light enough to strap down on top of the goliath.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
When your trusted to clean anything and you're the best option it makes you feel pretty darn good
Everybody else can have the nasty work I'll keep doing the nice stuff lolView attachment 83644View attachment 83645
Yesterday I started cleaning leather in a super high end motor home, went to deliver a rug and clean a linen bedframe and then wrapped up a water damage with pad install. Today I cleaned just broadloom and AstroTurf, never a dull moment.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Agree. The products ive got from him just seem garage built. Not saying theres anything wrong with that as far as being functional. Just should have a finished model. Moulded, trimmed... Ive spoken to him on the phone and he is a great guy to deal with and is very smart. Just i think if your dropping 3k or more on something it shouldnt be taped up lol.
The heater idk about. I did look into getting it because it comes with a pump in tool box. And i was looking for simple fix to not having onboard pump. That would be light enough to strap down on top of the goliath.
He uses the older style higher volume case in line heaters, they are a different breed.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Craziest part about all these arguements is at the end of the day we clean carpets. Sucking dirt from carpet. The machine has less to do with it then the integrity of the operator.
Yep. And ima use my 105lb buffer to scrubbbbb da sht out of it. Aint no mohawk rep gonna tell me any different ;)
Mohawk sucks! Ok thats it :D

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yep. And ima use my 105lb buffer to scrubbbbb da sht out of it. Aint no mohawk rep gonna tell me any different ;)
Mohawk sucks! Ok thats it :D
Actually it was both Shaw and Mohawk. I like using my 175 as well when called for.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I gotta get back to work, the only job I did today was for a free contest winner....

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea I really want to attend Shaw’s Class outwest, but I’m not sure my schedule will allow for it. They have some very awesome factory reps. I love learning.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Oh Jim I know you’ll think it’s a dig, but even experience on “some” high end textiles isnt needed but correct process is. Trust me I’m NOT disagreeing with you in the big pic, I have mentors I have to go to for many different things right now. But my 11 yr son can clean investment grade orientals. He took 13 pages of notes and jumped in Scott’s class. He’s helped me clean several. Some textiles however I’d have no clue how to clean.....yet. We don’t run across to many crazy fine textiles here, mostly wool orientals, Karastan, and such. I will be getting trained for rare textiles by the end of the year out east.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Actually it was both Shaw and Mohawk. I like using my 175 as well when called for.
Truth is. When that thing is needed for scrubbing. The carpet its borderline with its warranty.
The brush wont hurt it. But be careful with bonnets and pads. The damage is caused at the center where it can physically untwist yarns creating blossoms. Keep it wet and good amount of detergent to reduce friction. Use proper bonnet for the fiber type. And use glider if necessary. Youll be alright. The ones that are a problem the bonnet wont spin no matter what you try. It stalls the motor. Thats your warning not to use it.

• Love
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Oh Jim I know you’ll think it’s a dig, but even experience on “some” high end textiles isnt needed but correct process is. Trust me I’m NOT disagreeing with you in the big pic, I have mentors I have to go to for many different things right now. But my 11 yr son can clean investment grade orientals. He took 13 pages of notes and jumped in Scott’s class. He’s helped me clean several. Some textiles however I’d have no clue how to clean.....yet. We don’t run across to many crazy fine textiles here, mostly wool orientals, Karastan, and such. I will be getting trained for rare textiles by the end of the year out east.
Understand the fiber, look carefully at the construction and have no doubt or fear. I have always taken the jobs carpet, upholstery, dyeing, etc... no one else has the experience to do and price isn't discussed at that point. Competing against other portable cleaners in high rise work makes my job easy and they would cry if they knew what I was charging per room.

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
fwiw its easy to get good dry times @ 150-200psi.

which is okay for a light rinse for maybe post encap to remove more soil.

definitely way too light for deep cleaning residential pile in homes with dog oil, drink spills, etc.

in my opinion your skimming the surface so yes dry times are great. Even higher flow the pressure still is too low for my tastes
I never run under 300 psi with my 4 jet pmf wand. Many times 400 psi.
I'm pretty happy with the results and so are my custys.
I'm getting there. I know I still have alot to learn.
That's why my big mouth ass is on here all the time.....

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I never run under 300 psi with my 4 jet pmf wand. Many times 400 psi.
I'm pretty happy with the results and so are my custys.
I'm getting there. I know I still have alot to learn.
That's why my big mouth ass is on here all the time.....
Volume is different than jet size or pressure. Wand speed matters with different pressure settings, it greatly affects penetration and soil removal. You have to adjust your wand speed for your setup, pressure and volume. Take a scrap of carpet and clean using various techniques, speeds and pressure settings and then flip it over, it will tell you a whole lot about you and your equipment. Don't trust any of us joker's here, try it out for yourself and look carefully. There is a lot of crap online that sounds great on paper, but doesn't hold water off paper.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
See the arguement wasn’t using a 175 when needed, it was using a CRB. I’ve used a black pad on a patio carpet the lady hadn’t cleaned in 30 years. Kids trashed. And needed to be replaced. Wasn’t a new black pad I had used it on a VCT floor.