Mystery dots

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
It's not a contest, but I would appreciate if someone can point out what caused these " mystery dots " on fine, good quality leather office chairs and how to get them to disappear. I've tried thing or two ( actually 5) . I have my theory, but don't want to derail your opinion.
Thanks in advance to kind souls as @Jim Davisson , @Scott W , @jtsunbrite , @Todd the Cleaner , you know, the good people..

20190622_104421.jpg
20190622_104435.jpg
20190622_104438.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
That’s rubbing from a belt!! The gap between the dots is the belt loop on the pants!
Magic eraser and dish soap
Try brake cleaner on a rag
Brake cleaner on magic eraser...
PIG on magic eraser
Corey nailed it! If you have a leather master cleaning kit super remover would be another to try, it does pretty good with crocking.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
That’s rubbing from a belt!! The gap between the dots is the belt loop on the pants!
Magic eraser and dish soap
I agree with all the above.

What have you tried so far?
I was cleaning carpet, this just came up as a byproduct. I've tried everything I had at the moment, ink solv, citrus gel , leather cleaner and even smidge of POG. I'm going back on Monday to see how carpet is looking, so I bring magic eraser with. What makes it worse, it's one person deal, 3 chairs in the period of 3 years . As you can see, some imprints are more pronounced as the others. I guess, there is some chance to correct the problem. On the others, not so much....

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
[QUOTE="Odin, post: 1753349
first and foremost don't own their problem

[/QUOTE]
I'm not worry about owning it. I've taken care of them for many years. They're high tech communication systems company They pay premium money for carpet cleaning and I was wondering if I can help them. It got to be boss, who messed up those chairs. I don't think, average tech would be allowed to switch the chairs and put his own " signature" on 3 of them.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Thanks everyone for prompt responses. I don't see easy resolve of the problem, especially if @AussieCarpetBloke prognosis will materialize. That is, if abrasion took the coarse over the period of 3 years , it is time to replace the chairs.
End of story. About $2000 fix..

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Agree with all those who think it is color rubbed off from a belt.

A good leather cleaner like Leather Master Super Remover followed by Strong Remover. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CL076

Warming the leather with a hair dryer on medium can help after cleaning to make the leather smooth and remove indentations.

That is a pigmented leather than can be dyed back to white following cleaning and rinse.

Cleaning, re-pigmenting (dyeing) and smoothing the leather can be done in 1 to 2 hours depending upon your training and experience. $250 per chair for a total of $750.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Agree with all those who think it is color rubbed off from a belt.

A good leather cleaner like Leather Master Super Remover followed by Strong Remover. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=CL076

Warming the leather with a hair dryer on medium can help after cleaning to make the leather smooth and remove indentations.

That is a pigmented leather than can be dyed back to white following cleaning and rinse.

Cleaning, re-pigmenting (dyeing) and smoothing the leather can be done in 1 to 2 hours depending upon your training and experience. $250 per chair for a total of $750.
Thanks a lot. I've done some leather pampering with wool bonnets and heat, but I know 2 things. The older I get, less stamina and determination travels trough my body and secondly , these guys have no problem to spend another $2000-$2500 for leather chairs.
Appreciate your time @Scott W