My wife out helping today, zipper wanding, -28 below zero

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Son in law called in sick today....

started out the day at -26 degrees below zero, down to -28 below at one point....

The wife came out to help out...was a crazy day for sure with the cold....

Even had her running the Titanium wand

and the Zipper wand for the first time today :)

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
How do u run a truck mount in that cold

It's actually something we have done for so long, it is just second nature.

it takes a bit more time in cold weather, but it's just about keeping water flowing, keep leaks out of vac hose (can freeze up)

And not standing around to text, Facebook and make too many phone calls....LOL

Here is my YouTube channel with a bunch of cold weather cleaning videos if helpful

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi9UefjEixJPGgxWPTnEUhg
Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

swisspro

Feb 11, 2010
Mesa County
Real Name
Marco Weber
Business Location
United States
Son in law called in sick today....

started out the day at -26 degrees below zero, down to -28 below at one point....

The wife came out to help out...was a crazy day for sure with the cold....

Even had her running the Titanium wand

and the Zipper wand for the first time today :)

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"
A helping wife is worth keeping ! I have a Question how you like zipper ? I thinking to getting one for our vortex truck .

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
20150221_180535.jpg
Hey guys be with you yet tonight to answer those questions best I can... In short love my Zipper Wands but will explain why soon. Just spending a little time with the grandson watching train videos on YouTube... One of his favorite things :)

swisspro

Feb 11, 2010
Mesa County
Real Name
Marco Weber
Business Location
United States
View attachment 43900 Hey guys be with you yet tonight to answer those questions best I can... In short love my Zipper Wands but will explain why soon. Just spending a little time with the grandson watching train videos on YouTube... One of his favorite things :)
Least looks like you give your wife a day of rest ;)

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
A helping wife is worth keeping ! I have a Question how you like zipper ? I thinking to getting one for our vortex truck .

How do you rate the zipper wand out of ten. Would you please tell me positives and negatives

Hi guys....the wife is a keeper for sure....she puts up with my "OCD for cleaning" as she calls it a lot!

To try and address this questions I want to say that first and foremost, I believe to be successful, you will first need the best cleaning machine (TM or Portable) available to you financially, and then the best cleaning wand and a means of agitation before running out and buying a Zipper. The basics first and I am saying this so some one "new" in the industry can be successful and THEN be able to afford the Zipper (or other specialty cleaning tools)

So now to the Zipper.....

I have seen the Zipper for some time in articles and trade shows. The first versions looked ok, but did not impress me enough to want to try them, and they did not fit my cleaning needs at the time. Recently, I have seen the newer model (lower profile head design) the past couple years. It was not until this past September at the Vegas Experience that I really gave it more of a try (which I encourage other to do at a show....don't be shy....try the tools!)

I ordered on Zipper on his show special knowing that Erik would take it back if I didn't like it....

Here is my first night using it. This is a bar/Restaurant and has always been a tougher job. I have done prespray and agitate with CRB, and high flow Prochem Titatnium pimped.... Red pad scrub and same wand....RX 20....It was always a challenge....in this video I just sprayed the prespray and started blasting!

I was so sold, I texted the maker Erik Hiltz in the middle of the night with my credit card and ordered a second one (yes, it was Midnight and I was excited). I do have to say that using agitation does sometimes make it work faster too. I think it is the head design that keeps the heat trapped and makes the prespray more active. Also, his older Zipper wands, didn't have the same suction and the water seemed to get trapped in the head more with the clear front head at the time. So to the video....

Now, it worked great in this case (and many other places) BUT....IT IS JUST ANOTHER GREAT TOOL IN YOUR BAG OF GOODIES. I want to say it is not always the silver bullet....but....it is my favorite out of all I have the bullets I have.

I recently got a Rotovac 360 XL and I like that a lot too. It works in some places that a Zipper will struggle a bit, but again, you saw that the above video, all my other tools struggled on that before. AGAIN, it is choosing the correct tool to get the job done and make you money. (Hammer or a screw driver....they will still get a screw into it's place....which is better)

I also use the Zipper in many home/residential jobs....it was only really intended when invented for commercial to help with such large jobs Erik had, and lessen fatigue....

NOW, if you keep in mind, CRB machines were really made for commercial encapsulation but we do use them for HWE prescrub, and tile and grout prescrub.....if you are getting my drift....Just because it was made for a certain thing, doesn't mean it is limited to that .

Now in residential, the smaller zipper might be easier and the Z handle as well....I use the large Zipper with straight T handle hooked up to a Butler High Heat Truckmount with a 47 Tuttil Blower....I get great heat and great suction (running 12 flow and 500 psi)....I also can maneuver it in homes just fine....BUT...AGAIN, you have to pick and chose if the Zipper (or other tools) will slow you down, clean well, or make things easier.

I have yet to find anything I have used (and I haven't tried them all but a lot of things) that will get carpets as dry as the Zipper...and that is why I also really like to use it!

So, with that lengthy post....I hope I have answered a lot of questions, but I know I have probably conjured up a lot of others more specific for the person reading this.

So please feel free to contact me anytime so I can try to honestly answer what I can.

Here is my YouTube Channel with a lot of cleaning videos (and lot's of cold weather cleaning tips too)

In the end....I rate it a 9-10....but that is a "Judgmental personal opinion" that others might find different from me.

By the way....I do not sell them....I am not hired by anyone to say these things....I paid for my Zippers....

I am just a very satisfied cleaner trying to help those of you with the same questions I had.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
You ran the cx15.
How does it compare to the zipper??
Thanks for all the videos.

I honestly have only ran the CX 15 the first day it came out in Vegas.

I have not had the chance to run it in the real world cleaning.

I like that interlink took the chance to do something different and bring to us.

I have a job with gym work out mats it would be killer on I think....just haven't had the job be steady enough to warrant buying it yet.

If I were to buy something more right now, my wife would ground me for life :)

For me, the Zipper cleans forwards and backwards and is really fast and comfortable, so that is why I find them also one of my favorites.

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"

swisspro

Feb 11, 2010
Mesa County
Real Name
Marco Weber
Business Location
United States
Thanks Mark you answerd my Zipper questions! I like that it cleans forwards and backwards and comfortable that it would be easy to train someone new on the Zipper.
I remember that Steamway International had something similar in the along long time a go, I'm talking around 1980.
Would you us the Zipper on empty Appartments?

Mark Saiger

May 27, 2007
Grand Rapids, MN
Real Name
Mark Saiger
Thanks Mark you answerd my Zipper questions! I like that it cleans forwards and backwards and comfortable that it would be easy to train someone new on the Zipper.
I remember that Steamway International had something similar in the along long time a go, I'm talking around 1980.
Would you us the Zipper on empty Appartments?

I do all the time now...empty apartments and empty house are my favorite....boy can you make some time and money with it.

The larger unit is also only about 34 pounds.

You might still get into some that need help with a CRB scrubbing (or 175 and shampoo brush or pad) or there are just some areas that might need the Rotary....but, the Zipper is my first "Hammer" all the time :)

Mark Saiger
www.saigers.com
"Bring on the Blue!"