My van was stolen!!! Need advice on replacement equipment. | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My van was stolen!!! Need advice on replacement equipment.

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
www.tile-cleaning-pros.com
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
So, my van was stolen 2 weeks ago and the cops recovered it last week but unfortunately it was totally gutted... I lost everything. I had a CFI3000 (Powerclean Freedom ht36) truckmount with 300ft of vacuum and solutuion lines, turbo, mini turbo, cobra, rotovac, carpet wand, stair tool, Studebaker fan, snail fan, Mytee 7303 air hog, oreck floor buffer, kirby vacuum, pro sprayer, carpet stretcher, kool glide pro iron, other installation tools, 1000's of dollars worth of chemicals (including a brand new $600 5 gallon jug of Max Guard sealer and all of my TMF chemicals) and lots of other stuff...all gone. Pitty party aside, I am trying to figure out which way to go with new equipment. I probably do a 50/50 of both carpet and tile so I could really use something with good enough water pressure to clean tile but I want a better blower than my little 36 blower on my previous unit. I have also been spoiled with having an APO system and would like the new system to have that also. I am intrigued by the PTO systems but not sure about their lack of water pressure and most don't have an APO. I have been looking around for a complete van nearby and have a couple in mind but I keep going back and forth on whether I should go with a PTO or another slide in... or should I just start all over with new equipment? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you might know someone selling some of the stuff too..?

• Sad
Reactions: lehighcounty

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Just have one custom built by Reliabuilt and forget about it. Sorry about what happened sucks man.
What's so special about that sealer that makes it cost 120 a gallon? Ever tried Cobbs?

Reactions: Allied and Luky

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
Just have one custom built by Reliabuilt and forget about it. Sorry about what happened sucks man.
What's so special about that sealer that makes it cost 120 a gallon? Ever tried Cobbs?
Not sure if I can wait to have one custom built. Did a little searching on their units and like the price but couldn't find enough info on them. I have not tried Cobbs sealer. I've use Modern Stone Technologies Sealer for a couple years now and it's worth the $120/gallon. Maybe I can test the Cobbs when I get up and going again.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear about this. That's a damn shame. What the hell is wrong with people ?

I guess your insurance doesn't cover theft ???

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Just get a bigger blower machine and a 5GPM pump with at least 2,000 PSI and good HX.

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
Just get a bigger blower machine and a 5GPM pump with at least 2,000 PSI and good HX.
I have my eye on a Chevy 1 ton extended van with a White Magic Commander HO and all of the tools for $33k but unfortunately it only goes up to 1200psi. My guess is because the heat exchanger can't handle anything more than that. I am a bit concerned with the fact that WM is no longer around though... My other option is to purchase one of the Blue Baron 47XL units. It is rated at 3000psi with 5.5gpm, amazing heat and a big blower. Kinda didn't want to spend a ton of money but I am thinking that buying new will be the better way to go.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
,....so how long have you been cleaning without commercial insurence? You know that's jail time right?

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have my eye on a Chevy 1 ton extended van with a White Magic Commander HO and all of the tools for $33k but unfortunately it only goes up to 1200psi. My guess is because the heat exchanger can't handle anything more than that. I am a bit concerned with the fact that WM is no longer around though... My other option is to purchase one of the Blue Baron 47XL units. It is rated at 3000psi with 5.5gpm, amazing heat and a big blower. Kinda didn't want to spend a ton of money but I am thinking that buying new will be the better way to go.
what state are you located in??

RicksFamilyCarpet

Sep 28, 2015
Real Name
Steven Boyd
Sorry to hear about your livelihood being disrupted. I had my van broken into awhile back and they got over $2k worth of stuff just from front seat ... Didn't even get into the back.

One suggestion when getting inland marine insurance (most times just added as a rider on commercial vehicle with existing insurance provider) - get a stated value rider. I have a stated value on mine for $35K. Basically if I'm in an accident or van gets stolen, etc, comprehensive covers anything not bolted down (tools, wands, etc) and you usually have to state value range (then they depreciate it to death), but the stated value rider pays out with no depreciation - mine is there to cover cost of replacing the machine itself with new truck mount.

My total auto, commercial 2mil liability, etc, 1mil umbrella, stated value replacement rider, etc runs me about $260/mo

leofloors

Apr 21, 2007
Placerville, Ca
Real Name
Marc Leonetti
Sorry to hear about your livelihood being disrupted. I had my van broken into awhile back and they got over $2k worth of stuff just from front seat ... Didn't even get into the back.

One suggestion when getting inland marine insurance (most times just added as a rider on commercial vehicle with existing insurance provider) - get a stated value rider. I have a stated value on mine for $35K. Basically if I'm in an accident or van gets stolen, etc, comprehensive covers anything not bolted down (tools, wands, etc) and you usually have to state value range (then they depreciate it to death), but the stated value rider pays out with no depreciation - mine is there to cover cost of replacing the machine itself with new truck mount.

My total auto, commercial 2mil liability, etc, 1mil umbrella, stated value replacement rider, etc runs me about $260/mo
I was actually in the process of getting insurance that would've covered the equipment. Unfortunately instead of just getting the coverage for the van after getting the quote from a client of mine who is an insurance agent I asked him to get me a quote for my personal vehicle and homeowners insurance and I was just waiting for him to get back in touch with me. I guess the damn thieves beat me to it...

IluvCleanForums

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Ian Riggins
So, my van was stolen 2 weeks ago and the cops recovered it last week but unfortunately it was totally gutted... I lost everything. I had a CFI3000 (Powerclean Freedom ht36) truckmount with 300ft of vacuum and solutuion lines, turbo, mini turbo, cobra, rotovac, carpet wand, stair tool, Studebaker fan, snail fan, Mytee 7303 air hog, oreck floor buffer, kirby vacuum, pro sprayer, carpet stretcher, kool glide pro iron, other installation tools, 1000's of dollars worth of chemicals (including a brand new $600 5 gallon jug of Max Guard sealer and all of my TMF chemicals) and lots of other stuff...all gone. Pitty party aside, I am trying to figure out which way to go with new equipment. I probably do a 50/50 of both carpet and tile so I could really use something with good enough water pressure to clean tile but I want a better blower than my little 36 blower on my previous unit. I have also been spoiled with having an APO system and would like the new system to have that also. I am intrigued by the PTO systems but not sure about their lack of water pressure and most don't have an APO. I have been looking around for a complete van nearby and have a couple in mind but I keep going back and forth on whether I should go with a PTO or another slide in... or should I just start all over with new equipment? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you might know someone selling some of the stuff too..?
Im sorry to hear that bud....we had one stolen in the 90's while the tech was cleaning in the home!...cops found it about a week later on the other side of town painted pink and set on fire....and no that is not a joke.....

IluvCleanForums

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Ian Riggins

Thats actually a pretty good deal.