john martinez

Dec 9, 2014
phoenix, az
www.facebook.com
Real Name
AZ NaTiVe Labor
Business Location
United States
It's still a work in progress but I'm really liking it. I believe these vans are almost perfect for porties.
I've been eyeballing the transit as a great work truck carpet cleaning included. I ended up going with the Dodge Grand Caravan with Sto-n-Go seats because I can Sto the seats for carpet cleaning, landscaping, pest control, window cleaning etc or I can raise the seats to seat my family of 5 plus 2 additional family/friends. Is your water box basically a fresh water supply with a pump in the event your portable runs out of supply? TIA and great set up StevenB!

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
My portable is just 2 vac motors and a auto pump out. The waterbox is the optional 220 psi pump with autofill. It's not enough machine to do tile and grout so I bought a 1200 psi 2.2 gpm pump to do grout. I can turn down the psi and do carpets with the otter, but for the time being I'm carrying both.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I've been eyeballing the transit as a great work truck carpet cleaning included. I ended up going with the Dodge Grand Caravan with Sto-n-Go seats because I can Sto the seats for carpet cleaning, landscaping, pest control, window cleaning etc or I can raise the seats to seat my family of 5 plus 2 additional family/friends. Is your water box basically a fresh water supply with a pump in the event your portable runs out of supply? TIA and great set up StevenB!

I owned 2 Grand Caravans. Loved Them!! Most comfortable seats of any of the 71 cars/trucks/vans that I've even owned.

Reactions: john martinez

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
This will be my next van, I want to set it up for just for upholstery and VLM. I admire your gas mileage more than anything, my 360 is thirsty.
I'm getting between 23 -26 mpg so far. The low entry height is a blessing if you want life without ramps. I really like my bin setup. They keep my cargo cushioned and stable. I can take a few out or stack some and create space to haul things. Or just unload it and go yardselling...it's free advertising right? Everywhere I drive and everywhere I park... It's my work and personal vehicle and I'm ok with that. Less registration and insurance for the time being...

JD5150

Oct 24, 2010
Real Name
JD S
Business Location
United States
Nice setup Steven. I almost bought a brand new connect 2016 body style last December but couldn't bring myself to it because of space. It was a blow out special for $16,500. Instead I bought the full size Transit medium roof T-250 for $31,000. Could of almost bought two connects for that price :LOL:.

I do have to say I love the room of the full size but loved the 29 mpg of the newer connect.

I think the older style Transit connect has more head room in the cargo area than the newer style

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I'm getting between 23 -26 mpg so far. The low entry height is a blessing if you want life without ramps. I really like my bin setup. They keep my cargo cushioned and stable. I can take a few out or stack some and create space to haul things. Or just unload it and go yardselling...it's free advertising right? Everywhere I drive and everywhere I park... It's my work and personal vehicle and I'm ok with that. Less registration and insurance for the time being...

The low entry and mpg does it for me. For VLM, upholstery, estimates, rug pick up and delivery... It's perfect! I'm really liking it, my brother looks at my like I'm crazy... He's like, do you really want another vehicle to feed!?

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
My portable is just 2 vac motors and a auto pump out. The waterbox is the optional 220 psi pump with autofill. It's not enough machine to do tile and grout so I bought a 1200 psi 2.2 gpm pump to do grout. I can turn down the psi and do carpets with the otter, but for the time being I'm carrying both.
Actually that no longer applies. I'm leaving the waterbox 220 psi autofill option at home...but it fits if need be. I can clean carpets and tile out to a hundred feet on two 15 amp circuits without popping breakers with my otter. Lots of options now can my water box serve as the autofill to my otter? Hmm...;)
0703170834.jpg

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
The waterbox is light and can be stored,transported and set up many ways. It's reliable,it's adjustable and probably damn near perfect on upholstery matched with my shearvac and hot turbo (if necessary for those difficult areas.) It's the true cold water and high psi. being greater than say Heated water (130-150 degrees for 10 secs) extract during the recovery process. I have both options and I like that. I'm going to force myself to learn to use the water otter and no hot water to clean with. I know there is much there to learn even for an old dog like me. In short I believe I rely on heat and agitation over high psi with my setup. I'm being ignorant if I don't open my mind and try using the Crb with hot prespray from a pump up. Won't get the job done as well or better than my old reliable. I haven't added a thermal valve or longer hose to the otter. I think it's brand new and I should at least run it as is until I'm comfortable with the operation. I'm not feeding it hot water. Porchmounts don't work like that.:cool:
0629170713.jpg

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
Why do I get a security error when trying to post a pic? It happens from time to time. Usually goes away...if it's on my end I'd like to fix it. Any ideas the pics come from the same source my hard drive. It was working fine until yesterday, now it loads 98% of the pic then tells me to back out.