My Tips for Growing Your Business | Page 3 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My Tips for Growing Your Business

Discussion in 'Starting Your Business' started by cmoreschi, Aug 28, 2013.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Stacky

Stacky New Member

Jul 29, 2016
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  2. Syed Abbas

Syed Abbas New Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Male
    Designer
    London
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to share. !! Much useful information !!

3. RAW Prespray

RAW Prespray Preferred Vendor

Sep 29, 2011
    Development Manager
    La Porte, IN
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    Chris, thanks for your contribution to the spirit of America!

The only thing I would add to your list is to ensure each customer feels they're getting good value for their money. We do this by offering good, better, best service packages.

Salute!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RAW Prespray

Sep 29, 2011
    Development Manager
    La Porte, IN
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    I removed my rates a few months back and haven't noticed a difference in call volume. Interesting theory though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RAW Prespray

Sep 29, 2011
    Development Manager
    La Porte, IN
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    I agree. I've found there are two types of customers: quality and quantity. Truth is, you need both to keep busy, but the aim is to have all quality customers, the one's who care more about a job well-done over the price.

6. RAW Prespray

Sep 29, 2011
    Development Manager
    La Porte, IN
    Ratings:
    +283 / 0 / -0
    You're likely posting in the employment area. It cost me $25 per ad when searching for new employees for my carpet cleaning business.

Post in the services area and make sure you have "carpet cleaning" in your ad.

7. Jason Edwin

Jason Edwin New Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    #47 Jason Edwin, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2016
    Awesome thread! Really glad I came across it, as I am also a business owner of a startup carpet cleaning company and we are constantly looking for ways to improve our lead generation. We will definitely go over the last half of that as we were only usually focused on our website and making it as user friendly as possible however as pointed out SEO is probably very important as well.

Anyways thanks for the info! I would also appreciate a quick look at our website to see how well-optimized it is in your opinion, Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  8. BayouCitySteam

BayouCitySteam Active Member

Aug 16, 2016
    Male
    Certified Technician
    Houston Texas
    Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    That's my favorite saying JFDI
    Just F... Do It

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

9. hunter

hunter New Member

Nov 11, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing that !! Good information.

10. Max61

Max61 New Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I think points 8 and 10 are really important. If you continually generate good content that has value to the reader then you will rank. It is long term play, it might take a year to rank. If you do some backlink building you can speed up the process.

Building email list is the most cost effect marketing out there. But it is getting harder and harder to get people to opt-in to an email list because they don't want more emails. You have to give them something valuable in exchange for their email. It used to be a well-written guide would work but today it has to be something exceptional that people really want before they will opt-in.

Once you have your list built it's important that you don't just blast them with promotions. Again send valuable content and scatter in a promotion every once in a while.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Only in select areas and select categories do they charge. It's the cats and locations that see the most spam. Here is free to post in household services, but not free to post about a job opening in the company.

Sent from my LGLS992 using TMF Forums mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. aloha one

aloha one Scrub a DUB DUB!

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,758 / 106 / -0
    Like your co name...reminds me of a thirties mobsters name....Here's a slogan for ya "Call today or DIE!"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I'll give that a trial run with a free Craigslist ad. I'll also try, "...or we'll break your legs!".

Sent from my LGLS992 using TMF Forums mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Cathy Akins

Cathy Akins New Member

Dec 28, 2016
    Female
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for sharing such an informative idea. I hope this will prove to be helpful.

15. aloha one

aloha one Scrub a DUB DUB!

Feb 17, 2009
    Male
    Semi retired
    California
    Ratings:
    +21,758 / 106 / -0
    You in the Biz Cathy?

16. lvtandg

lvtandg KING of Tile and Grout Cleaning

Apr 16, 2008
    Male
    Owner
    Las Vegas, NV
    Ratings:
    +375 / 17 / -0
    #1 tip: increase your price and work less...

• Like Like x 2
  17. TPC

TPC New Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Male
    Business Owner
    Ohio
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Great stuff man.

Definitely will be able to use and take away from this post. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  18. Beverly12

Beverly12 New Member

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good one. Also, you need to go with offline advertising and promotion along with the online. Both should go hand in hand.

19. DeniseFrank

DeniseFrank Banned

May 17, 2017
    Female
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Do both online and offline advertising.

20. nounou

nounou New Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0