My tee 12 inch Spinner tool

jlittlesol

Jan 31, 2013
Real Name
joe solarino
I just purchased a Mytee Spinner tool. Has anyone used without the brush in bottom? It seems to hinder suction. It works good when using pressure but leaves a lot of water on floor when I'm just trying to make final dry passes. Wondering if just plastic suction port ring will work with brush ring removed? I I have a Ninja 1200 extractor.

jlittlesol

Jan 31, 2013
Real Name
joe solarino
It did not come with squeegee but thanks for info. I just contacted Jon Don about this where I purchased it. I'll see what they say. Do they all come with squeegee?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
It did not come with squeegee but thanks for info. I just contacted Jon Don about this where I purchased it. I'll see what they say. Do they all come with squeegee?
I think you have to purchase it separately. I wouldn't run it without either a brush or squeegee as it could damage the spinner tool or cause damage to the floor, depending on what the floor material is.

jlittlesol

Jan 31, 2013
Real Name
joe solarino
I looked on Jon Don and they don't seem to have them. Any suggestions where I might find one?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
You know what, I was just looking into it and realized I'm thinking of a different brand. I'm not sure if the MyTee has a squeegee head to replace the brush head. Sorry for the bad info.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I just purchased a Mytee Spinner tool. Has anyone used without the brush in bottom? It seems to hinder suction. It works good when using pressure but leaves a lot of water on floor when I'm just trying to make final dry passes. Wondering if just plastic suction port ring will work with brush ring removed? I I have a Ninja 1200 extractor.
I don't have that exact tool, but I think the design is basically identical to mine. I never used the brush ring on mine for a long time at all. Mine has what I think is a delrin glide for water recovery and you have a nylon glide on your's. I think the idea is to use the brush ring to clean, then remove the brush and use the glide to recover excess water.

On mine, it is a lot easier to push and pull the unit with the brush ring, but it also leaves a lot of water when using that brush. It looks like your brush ring is a lot easier to remove than mine. If I'm using just the delrin glide the spinner locks harder to some floors even with the vacuum relief all the way open. Still, I prefer to use it w/o the brush ring. You might want to call Mytee and get some tips from them too. I also find the brush really doesn't help with the cleaning whatsoever. It only makes the tool easier to move on the floor.

One last thing that could be important. I've never had an issue with harming any floors w/o the brush ring on, but I noticed the delrin glide did develop some rough edges. They were very easy to sand out by hand. You may not have that issue, but I'd check the glide ever so often just in case.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
hate to break it to you or sound like an asshole but that tool sucks... cant wait to upgrade to a turbo hybrid

honestly I would return it if you can, its that bad. youll realize what I am saying after using it for a while.

be careful, you can damage floors. Mine did twice and I had to re align/bend the spinner bar, its so cheaply made it flexes under vacuum and it will pull the jets into the floor and smack it