My prediction for carpet cleaning this year | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My prediction for carpet cleaning this year

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
God isnt in this equation. For better or worse.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
EVxBFnAUMAIWRZh.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Because it's always up to individuals interpretations. God will help us during this time. So did God decide 2 year old Molly needed to die for some mysterious plan from COVID?

Or did 35 year old housewife Angela need to die during this time because her abusive husband Mark started drinking more due to being unemployed and off work so he decided to shoot her and himself?

I mean come on now. If God is responsible for helping us, he is equally responsible for allowing the situation to occur. It's called balance. It's arrogance to assume there is some master plan to this.

Reactions: ACP

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
Because it's always up to individuals interpretations. God will help us during this time. So did God decide 2 year old Molly needed to die for some mysterious plan from COVID?

Or did 35 year old housewife Angela need to die during this time because her abusive husband Mark started drinking more due to being unemployed and off work so he decided to shoot her and himself?

I mean come on now. If God is responsible for helping us, he is equally responsible for allowing the situation to occur. It's called balance. It's arrogance to assume there is some master plan to this.
Do you believe in the God or do you believe in a god

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I am Agnostic - meaning I do believe there is a higher power. Whether to call it a God or not is up to the individual. I feel my beliefs are most closely to that of Marcus Aurelius, who did believe in God(s) but at the same time acknowledged it was possible that there isn't a God.

Here is an excerpt from his Philosophiae

To the gods I am indebted for having good grandfathers, good parents, a good sister, good teachers, good associates, good kinsmen and friends, nearly everything good. Further, I owe it to the gods that I was not hurried into any offence against any of them, though I had a disposition which, if opportunity had offered, might have led me to do something of this kind; but, through their favour, there never was such a concurrence of circumstances as put me to the trial. Further, I am thankful to the gods that I was not longer brought up with my grandfather's concubine, and that I preserved the flower of my youth, and that I did not make proof of my virility before the proper season, but even deferred the time; that I was subjected to a ruler and a father who was able to take away all pride from me, and to bring me to the knowledge that it is possible for a man to live in a palace without wanting either guards or embroidered dresses, or torches and statues, and such-like show; but that it is in such a man's power to bring himself very near to the fashion of a private person, without being for this reason either meaner in thought, or more remiss in action, with respect to the things which must be done for the public interest in a manner that befits a ruler. I thank the gods for giving me such a brother, who was able by his moral character to rouse me to vigilance over myself, and who, at the same time, pleased me by his respect and affection; that my children have not been stupid nor deformed in body; that I did not make more proficiency in rhetoric, poetry, and the other studies, in which I should perhaps have been completely engaged, if I had seen that I was making progress in them; that I made haste to place those who brought me up in the station of honour, which they seemed to desire, without putting them off with hope of my doing it some time after, because they were then still young; that I knew Apollonius, Rusticus, Maximus; that I received clear and frequent impressions about living according to nature, and what kind of a life that is, so that, so far as depended on the gods, and their gifts, and help, and inspirations, nothing hindered me from forthwith living according to nature, though I still fall short of it through my own fault, and through not observing the admonitions of the gods, and, I may almost say, their direct instructions; that my body has held out so long in such a kind of life; that I never touched either Benedicta or Theodotus, and that, after having fallen into amatory passions, I was cured; and, though I was often out of humour with Rusticus, I never did anything of which I had occasion to repent; that, though it was my mother's fate to die young, she spent the last years of her life with me; that, whenever I wished to help any man in his need, or on any other occasion, I was never told that I had not the means of doing it; and that to myself the same necessity never happened, to receive anything from another; that I have such a wife, so obedient, and so affectionate, and so simple; that I had abundance of good masters for my children; and that remedies have been shown to me by dreams, both others, and against bloodspitting and giddiness...; and that, when I had an inclination to philosophy, I did not fall into the hands of any sophist, and that I did not waste my time on writers of histories, or in the resolution of syllogisms, or occupy myself about the investigation of appearances in the heavens; for all these things require the help of the gods and fortune.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Reactions: MikeGaure

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I am Agnostic - meaning I do believe there is a higher power. Whether to call it a God or not is up to the individual. I feel my beliefs are most closely to that of Marcus Aurelius, who did believe in God(s) but at the same time acknowledged it was possible that there isn't a God.

Here is an excerpt from his Philosophiae

To the gods I am indebted for having good grandfathers, good parents, a good sister, good teachers, good associates, good kinsmen and friends, nearly everything good. Further, I owe it to the gods that I was not hurried into any offence against any of them, though I had a disposition which, if opportunity had offered, might have led me to do something of this kind; but, through their favour, there never was such a concurrence of circumstances as put me to the trial. Further, I am thankful to the gods that I was not longer brought up with my grandfather's concubine, and that I preserved the flower of my youth, and that I did not make proof of my virility before the proper season, but even deferred the time; that I was subjected to a ruler and a father who was able to take away all pride from me, and to bring me to the knowledge that it is possible for a man to live in a palace without wanting either guards or embroidered dresses, or torches and statues, and such-like show; but that it is in such a man's power to bring himself very near to the fashion of a private person, without being for this reason either meaner in thought, or more remiss in action, with respect to the things which must be done for the public interest in a manner that befits a ruler. I thank the gods for giving me such a brother, who was able by his moral character to rouse me to vigilance over myself, and who, at the same time, pleased me by his respect and affection; that my children have not been stupid nor deformed in body; that I did not make more proficiency in rhetoric, poetry, and the other studies, in which I should perhaps have been completely engaged, if I had seen that I was making progress in them; that I made haste to place those who brought me up in the station of honour, which they seemed to desire, without putting them off with hope of my doing it some time after, because they were then still young; that I knew Apollonius, Rusticus, Maximus; that I received clear and frequent impressions about living according to nature, and what kind of a life that is, so that, so far as depended on the gods, and their gifts, and help, and inspirations, nothing hindered me from forthwith living according to nature, though I still fall short of it through my own fault, and through not observing the admonitions of the gods, and, I may almost say, their direct instructions; that my body has held out so long in such a kind of life; that I never touched either Benedicta or Theodotus, and that, after having fallen into amatory passions, I was cured; and, though I was often out of humour with Rusticus, I never did anything of which I had occasion to repent; that, though it was my mother's fate to die young, she spent the last years of her life with me; that, whenever I wished to help any man in his need, or on any other occasion, I was never told that I had not the means of doing it; and that to myself the same necessity never happened, to receive anything from another; that I have such a wife, so obedient, and so affectionate, and so simple; that I had abundance of good masters for my children; and that remedies have been shown to me by dreams, both others, and against bloodspitting and giddiness...; and that, when I had an inclination to philosophy, I did not fall into the hands of any sophist, and that I did not waste my time on writers of histories, or in the resolution of syllogisms, or occupy myself about the investigation of appearances in the heavens; for all these things require the help of the gods and fortune.
Is that it?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Ive been thinking about this. People have been home for a couple weeks. In addition, even if the USA opened up tomorrow, most people arent going to start going to Las Vegas, Disney World or Wisconsin Dells in droves. The people that did go to these places have discretionary money. Being home more they will start to spend that money on their home. So I dont think it will affect the cleaner that services the high end market.

It will affect the cleaner that services the price shoppers though so you will see more TMs for sale soon.

it may also affect those that clean restaurants and hotels. Dont look for sporting events to open up to the public any time soon.

BTW, has anyone seen WWE shows with no audience? Its hilarious.

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I agree mrotto.... I think people are going to really want to make their home better. It's been so long they are by now getting used to spending a lot of time there.

Some people have awful homes but drive brand new cars and go on vacations, spend tons of money... but then you see their house and your like wtf? Lol

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I’m hoping now that people are getting their stimulus money that the phone will start to ring.
Somebody did lol older Spanish couple. Saw this on one of the envelopes they handed me. Three envelopes but then I saw “tromp” well y’all helped them my a van lol

Ol
F11DF58F-092A-4110-83F4-D4F9261D7C62.jpeg

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
So not such a bumpy ride?
Since you brought that up . Was going to say something about that and then thought .......... maybe I shouldn’t .
Read through my news feed Friday morning and then the Wall St. Journal where I came upon an interview with Charlie Munger of Berkshire Hathaway. At 96 Charlie has pretty much seen it all EXCEPT THIS SITUATION. Described it as a typhoon that has swept the world and the worst thing that could happen .
Said that corporations are “ frozen “ and the phones weren’t ringing off the hook looking for money because they can get it from the government cheaper . Said he didn’t see a “depression “ like the 1930 ‘s because the safety net is there ..... unemployment insurance etc. BUT a deep recession .
The question of “ what’s next ? ........ “ I don’t know “ .
That statement and the fact he made mention that Berkshire was ( my words ) “ willing to let some Berkshire companies go “ made me pause . Rob made mention in his video that he and his wife have already sat down and gone through “ the budget “ .
JMHO but that was a very wise thing to do and might be something to consider for you and yours .
All the Best , Ed

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Since you brought that up . Was going to say something about that and then thought .......... maybe I shouldn’t .
Read through my news feed Friday morning and then the Wall St. Journal where I came upon an interview with Charlie Munger of Berkshire Hathaway. At 96 Charlie has pretty much seen it all EXCEPT THIS SITUATION. Described it as a typhoon that has swept the world and the worst thing that could happen .
Said that corporations are “ frozen “ and the phones weren’t ringing off the hook looking for money because they can get it from the government cheaper . Said he didn’t see a “depression “ like the 1930 ‘s because the safety net is there ..... unemployment insurance etc. BUT a deep recession .
The question of “ what’s next ? ........ “ I don’t know “ .
That statement and the fact he made mention that Berkshire was ( my words ) “ willing to let some Berkshire companies go “ made me pause . Rob made mention in his video that he and his wife have already sat down and gone through “ the budget “ .
JMHO but that was a very wise thing to do and might be something to consider for you and yours .
All the Best , Ed
I read the same article ED...You are right,,,,the fact they are ok with letting some companies fold or be sold cheap is very very very telling......

The whole article felt to me like they were saying hold on this is gonna be super bumpy....we are positioning ourselves to try to still be here when the dust settles in 24-36 months

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Why do small owner operators worry about shutting down ? Bill's should be very small to where a few jobs a month would cover it.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Why do small owner operators worry about shutting down ? Bill's should be very small to where a few jobs a month would cover it.
momentum

You figure it our once you get your bizz up and running

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
If you have shut down for more than a week....restarting and refill your schedule is gong to be as challenging as when starting the bizz the first time. If not more challenging as we are facing A horrible recession, And B a populace whom habits have been changed and many who are scared senseless by the Chinese Flu.

A recent poll said 20% of democrats and 50% of Republicans and 38% indies are ready to get back to work.......the rest still want to hide in their homes....... That leaves nearly 70% of folks who are not going back to their old ways.

That is a huge portion of the market we have lost as potential customers...It will take years to get these folks to reengage the market again....And once they do everything will have changed by then.......

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Amazon has been hitting retail shops and stores before this problem, lot of brick stores out of business.
Restaurants also have big problems.

A wall street repot said banks will for close on lots of proprieties and lones.
Mass money shortages for middle class.

Every one in the US except for a few of the 1% will all fail, so much debit in all areas.
US Small Farmers, will also fall in to big corporations.

Remember, people that seem nice, like Bill Gates? was also convicted.
In a stunning setback for Bill Gates' software empire, the judge in the Microsoft antitrust trial ruled yesterday that the software giant is a monopoly that wielded its power to stifle competition.
Saturday, November 6, 1999

We have a major crisis on our hands. Bill Gates is a VERY SERIOUS threat to not just the world economy, but to world peace. He has been using a loophole that allows health organizations to appear to be government agencies but are not independent and have been actually controlled by Gates. You will see that 80% of the funding of WHO is not from governments, but from donations. Then you see that Gates is the largest donor after countries listed on their website. Behind the curtain, the WHO has been bullied and pushed around by Bill Gates according to various sources one who is even writing a book on the domination of the WHO by Gates.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Joe cool

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I was shut down for a month. I am re-opening next week - phone has been ringing off the hook.

Will it continue? I don't know - but with my bills paid ahead and money in the bank, I can afford to shut down for 12 months and pick up a job somewhere else and do work for my realtors/commercial properties on nights and weekends if residential doesn't pick up.

Yes, I started my business August 2019 granted I had an uncommon head start due to working in the industry the prior 5 years. I'm simply saying I don't understand people going bankrupt after 1 month.

I'd rather find a way to keep my business open even for a small time, so when the economy does come back I have my business again. What happens if you shut your doors? You have to work for someone else again - which sucks more than just riding out the storm for a year or two.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Amazon has been hitting retail shops and stores before this problem, lot of brick stores out of business.
Restaurants also have big problems.

A wall street repot said banks will for close on lots of proprieties and lones.
Mass money shortages for middle class.

Every one in the US except for a few of the 1% will all fail, so much debit in all areas.
US Small Farmers, will also fall in to big corporations.

Remember, people that seem nice, like Bill Gates? was also convicted.
In a stunning setback for Bill Gates' software empire, the judge in the Microsoft antitrust trial ruled yesterday that the software giant is a monopoly that wielded its power to stifle competition.
Saturday, November 6, 1999

We have a major crisis on our hands. Bill Gates is a VERY SERIOUS threat to not just the world economy, but to world peace. He has been using a loophole that allows health organizations to appear to be government agencies but are not independent and have been actually controlled by Gates. You will see that 80% of the funding of WHO is not from governments, but from donations. Then you see that Gates is the largest donor after countries listed on their website. Behind the curtain, the WHO has been bullied and pushed around by Bill Gates according to various sources one who is even writing a book on the domination of the WHO by Gates.

It sure is strage.

All this news about bad white peoples.
Like J.D.Rockafeller was a bad guy.
History is full of bad white peoples.

The news about how bad the white people in South Afican are treated is not reported in main stream news.

It also is strange how only in white countries they have special treatment for the 3 biggest populations (that total over 6 billion) compared to (less then 1 billion whites in the world, 8% of world population) but the 6 billion are classified as Minorities and get special treatment in what they call a White Country, like London and USA.
But white people in the other 3 biggest countries have no special treatment unless they have money to buy their freedoms.

The USA, listed as White Country, and all the bad news about bad white leaders. But yet the white leaders send every county in the world lots of money and food. But the white leaders do not help other white countries lots of money and food.
And then, even in their own home town, the white peoples favor in giving more money and more rights to the other races then their own white folks have at home.

It seems as a whole, white people are the kindest, but yet, listed as the worst through out history.

WTF am I missing?

Last edited: