Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I believe since customers are shut up I’m their homes with pets and children when the economy starts back up we will all be crazy busy. I believe it will happen in the next 4-8 weeks.

I recommend be ready. People may haggle ok price, insist you wear a mask or ask questions about your health status. Be a good idea to overcome the objections ahead or time. When they call in explain that you will be taking the proper precautions and reassure them their safety is your number one concern. This way you should close more jobs and set yourself apart from fly by nights. Good luck and again, be prepared. I think we will all be super busy for the rest of the year!

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I believe since customers are shut up I’m their homes with pets and children when the economy starts back up we will all be crazy busy. I believe it will happen in the next 4-8 weeks.

I recommend be ready. People may haggle ok price, insist you wear a mask or ask questions about your health status. Be a good idea to overcome the objections ahead or time. When they call in explain that you will be taking the proper precautions and reassure them their safety is your number one concern. This way you should close more jobs and set yourself apart from fly by nights. Good luck and again, be prepared. I think we will all be super busy for the rest of the year!
So not such a bumpy ride?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
My prediction is that once people return to work, first they will have to pay their backed bills and because of this reason things may be slow for the first couple of months.
Depends on your client base. Mine are mostly retired so money isnt a problem.

Anyway, why dont we start talking about specific changes we should be making once we are up and cleaning. Masks, gloves, etc?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
My prediction is that once people return to work, first they will have to pay their backed bills and because of this reason things may be slow for the first couple of months.
And because of that reason. They will not replace them anytime soon. So theyll give it one more cleaning to get by.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Depends on your client base. Mine are mostly retired so money isnt a problem.

Anyway, why dont we start talking about specific changes we should be making once we are up and cleaning. Masks, gloves, etc?
You know a lot of customers will probably require you wear them after this. I wouldn't bother with the 95's though. Maybe get some washable ones made to match your outfit or uniform. Most of you wear gloves already from what I've seen in pics over the years.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Depends on your customer base I guess. Anyone who can afford a house here isnt likely out of work as most are in the tech industry working from home.

Some probably will be watching their spending, if Boeing makes major cuts that can affect our local economy.

When I think of all our customers though I can't really picture any that are going to worry about a carpet cleaning bill.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’m hoping now that people are getting their stimulus money that the phone will start to ring.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Once the initial shock and fear subsides the folks are gonna look to get the messes cleaned up. Even if they can’t do much for going out because a lot will still be closed they’ll want to feel clean at home. I’m picking up rugs Monday. I’ll be wearing my shoe covers like always but with a mask and gloves on. Maybe glasses. I’ll try to stay six feet away while discussing the work. No small talk. I’ll be carrying every and loading myself. I gotta work where and when I can.

Reactions: Dave Weidlich

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Once the initial shock and fear subsides the folks are gonna look to get the messes cleaned up. Even if they can’t do much for going out because a lot will still be closed they’ll want to feel clean at home. I’m picking up rugs Monday. I’ll be wearing my shoe covers like always but with a mask and gloves on. Maybe glasses. I’ll try to stay six feet away while discussing the work. No small talk. I’ll be carrying every and loading myself. I gotta work where and when I can.
They should be calling. So many of them are cleaning out their houses. I went to the dump and they were saying gotjunk and other haulers have been non stop in and out. So homeowners are going stir crazy clearing out old furniture an rearrangeing their homes. I'm sure they will want cleaning done.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I tried wearing an N95 while cleaning the other day, couldn't do it. The humidity and working hard was not a good combination for breathing lol.
I wore one the other day for about an hour before I pulled it off. I felt like I was suffocating.

Reactions: keep it clean

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
I wore one the other day for about an hour before I pulled it off. I felt like I was suffocating.

This is the type of mask you need, one with a release valve.
Osha requires you see a doctor before wearing a mask on the job. Some people can not breath right when using masks
As you said, you can pass out if not tested and trained to use n95 masks.

The relese vavle helps release co2 and moisture build up in the mask and makes it easier to breath when using N95 masks.

gm300_711_detail_1024x1024.jpg

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
That covid virus is no joke, It attacks your lungs, you suffocate.
It attacks your kidneys, 24 hour a day on a machine.
It attacks your hart, inflames the hart walls and your suffocate.
And also intestines.
Where ever the virus builds up in body, it triggers your immune system.
Your immune systems can kill you trying to kill the virus.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Anything your immune system can't fight off will kill you. So those at risk should shelter in place, but if this is as infectious as they claim, it will eventually infect everybody.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I tried wearing an N95 while cleaning the other day, couldn't do it. The humidity and working hard was not a good combination for breathing lol.
Lol if you do use them. Look for the ones with valve. It's what I use. Still hard to wear all day. But more tolerable. It let's out the exhaust and closes when you breathe in.

And fyi on those masks you can take the cartridges off of. If you use them or employees use them. Osha says they must be trained on how to use, fit and clean them. So if using masks get the disposable ones. They didnt care about those. Just a heads up on that.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Anything your immune system can't fight off will kill you. So those at risk should shelter in place, but if this is as infectious as they claim, it will eventually infect everybody.
Nursing home up the street has been locked up for a month now. Residents confined to their rooms like prisoners. No visitors. Cant even come out into the hallways. Now 3 residents there are sick. One way or another it's going to find it's way to everyone.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
This is ridiculous. Think about what we're talking about here. We're talking about a virus that has a mortality rate in the US...if you get it at all...of what? 2%...3%...5%? The last chart I saw showed Americans in the US in my age group having a 2% chance of dying from it. 2 freakin' percent! And that is from the confirmed cases through testing. Once you extrapolate the folks who never got tested due to mild or no symptoms it brings the death rate to a number way, way, way less than 1%

Humans have gone through a LOT worse. Plague killed from 50-60% of Europeans in at least 2 waves. Cholera's killed millions in 7 pandemics. Ships infected with Yellow Fever would fly a yellow flag and could not go into port until the disease had run its course...often killing half or more of the crew. Smallpox ravaged entire populations with fatality rates in some populations of 80-90%. This virus is not smallpox or cholera or plague or tetanus or Typhoid Fever or Yellow Fever or typhus or freakin' trichinosis from under-cooked pork! It's a SARS-derivative that often presents with no symptoms, sometimes mild symptoms, occasionally those of a bad flu, and on a particularly bad day for its victims...delivers death to those unlucky enuf to be marked by nature for death.

Destroying the entire US economy and plunging the nation into the impoverishment, despair, increased disease, madness, broken lives, shattered families, hunger, death, and national weakness brought about by a new Great Depression is insanity on steroids. Let me be clear. Our ancestors would be laughing at our whimpering, sniveling weakness over this virus. They would be appalled at those willing to destroy the most prosperous nation in the history of mankind over a 3% mortality rate super-flu. No matter what they tell you...this is not a civilization-ending pandemic unless we allow it to become that by blowing up the entire economy.

At the moment we're looking at job losses and business failures not seen since the savage post-WWII recession. Some estimates of the real unemployment rate may be approaching the 20-25% depression levels. We may not be finished with the slide even now. The stupidity of the medical establishment may well tip us over the cliff to another Great Depression. We cannot afford to listen to those afraid of a 3% mortality rate, the monster under the bed, the bogeyman, and their own shadow. If you want to truly be afraid, think about an armed and politically broken US where a societal collapse due to another depression unleashes pent-up hatreds reminiscent of 1930's Weimar Germany.

We MUST get economic activity started ASAP or sooner. Nature will take it's course and people will die. With the aid of God we will use therapies already out there to cut down the butcher's bill. We will use the tools God's given us to fight off death and save as many as we can. We really have no other choice. We cannot stand by and watch the entire economy burn to ashes for a 3% mortality rate.