My "newsed" carpet cleaning set-up progression (pics)

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
The new van looks great. Personally I would have given the original owner a quick call about that over heating problem and ask him if he has any ideas about it. I bet he could spit you out an answer since he probably knows that machine better than most. If you can get hold of him I think it might save you some money!

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
The new van looks great. Personally I would have given the original owner a quick call about that over heating problem and ask him if he has any ideas about it. I bet he could spit you out an answer since he probably knows that machine better than most. If you can get hold of him I think it might save you some money!
I was thinking the same thing, but figured Rob must have some reason for not doing the obvious.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

I was thinking the same thing, but figured Rob must have some reason for not doing the obvious.

Great observation. I did. He is 72 years old and it did it from new so he just ran it at lower rpms and lower temp. Would have been nice if they would have disclosed this fact. Would have saved me the aggravation. But on the brightside it will only increase my knowledge of them. ;)

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
Great observation. I did. He is 72 years old and it did it from new so he just ran it at lower rpms and lower temp. Would have been nice if they would have disclosed this fact. Would have saved me the aggravation. But on the brightside it will only increase my knowledge of them. ;)
Agreed. I can never fully trust a machine or car etc until I have taken the whole thing apart, figured out how it works, and put it back together myself. This way I know it's done right and this is why I never take anything to a mechanic.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Newwm1_zps40af2b4f.jpg

newwm2_zpsdd436d9e.jpg

newwm3_zpse4654f50.jpg

newwm4_zps065fa02e.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
newwm5_zps6a9655d3.jpg

newwm6_zpse4eb7cf3.jpg

newwm7_zps25b8c210.jpg

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
That machine looks like a beast. How many gallons is the recovery tank?

125 gallons recovery and 125 fresh water. Your right Kevin it is a beast. The vacuum port is so loud at high you need ear protection. Sounds like a jet taking off. :D

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Well Rob, you have proven the old saying wrong.

You really can shine a turd!

Looks great!

Hey hold on Jay. I've only begun to shine this turd. :)

Starting off on the inside I need creature comforts. So I installed a live solution line kit. I just want to start up and go clean. No messing around with hooking up hoses and playing with shut off valves and releasing pressure. History now!

newwmlivesol1_zps90674568.jpg

newwmlivesol2_zpse6505fe1.jpg

newwmlivesol3_zps61cfe0af.jpg

newwmlivesol4_zpsb614cd3d.jpg

newwmlivesol5_zps734b1fda.jpg

newwmlivesol6_zps12d254ce.jpg

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Live solution reels are a must.
Any setup I make from now on will have two if I can. One for pre spraying and dual work.

If you get a single cord Airhog like we use, you can throw it at the front door with one vac hose and it can wand or upholstery clean with the second solution line no problem and not robbing the TM vac.