My newest portable set up. Lighter, more powerful, and more versatile set up yet.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I'm not sure what you're saying about @Jimsteam. But I will tell you this. I'm a TM guy. Jim is a Portable guy. When it comes to portables I'm a Mytee guy and Jim is a Jaguar guy. That said, while we may disagree, I know whatever Jim says is gospel in my book, and if he told me he bought a Judson with the spare change off his dresser at home I'd believe him. JMO
Thanks Johnny and right back at you!
@Rick Imby My dresser isn’t big enough to amass the change for a Judson besides my Grandkids clear it of any change when they visit .
B682CE49-A1CE-4454-802A-84191E815F03.jpeg

Ed Valentine

Oct 8, 2008
Michigan, USA
cross-american.com
Real Name
Ed Valentine
Business Location
United States
Johnny is a real Pro and always has a lot of common sense in his posts. As for Mr. GoodWrench, (Jim Morrow) he has always amazed me with his knowledge and super personality which became a huge asset in building his business and customer satisfaction.
Good posts, Gentlemen.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
OK so today I finally used my new Mytee Air Hog 7303 LX and Mytee Air Hog 7304 portable set up. The suction on it was as @Jim Davisson said. It amazed me. I only ran 60' of hose on it but it felt comparable to my HydraMaster CDS when I run it with 110' of hose. I think my pump out isn't working correctly so I'll try and figure out what's up with that later.

With the Mytee Water Hog Pressure Sprayer I had plenty of PSI. I ran 500 psi when cleaning the carpet.

The pros. This is an inexpensive, modular, extremely portable set up that has comparable vacuum to my HydraMaster CDS Truck mount, and has 1,200 psi to clean T&G too.

The con is the lack of heat which can be resolved with a Little Giant Propane heater. My pump out isn't working so well. The vacuum hose has the new Mytee rubberized deals on it, and I just assumed my Mytee Cuffs would hook right up no problem. Wrong! I had to use trusty ole duct tape to make a seal.

So primarily I'm a TM and and still plan on bing so. But I will start accepting portable jobs again using my new Mytee set up. I use to give them away. And one day I anticipate I'll be using it in my Motorhome traveling across the country doing odd jobs here and there for gas money.
IMG_3350.JPG
IMG_3243.JPG

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I know that you won't be disappointed with it, especially after break in. I have found with the right chems and agitation hot tap water is more than enough to rinse 99% of the time. Hot prespray is what counts anyway.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I know that you won't be disappointed with it, especially after break in. I have found with the right chems and agitation hot tap water is more than enough to rinse 99% of the time. Hot prespray is what counts anyway.
So after the vacuum motors break-in they become even more powerful? I think I heard that somewhere before. Also, how many hours till they're broken in?

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Update, one of the con's I listed was that the vacuum hose had the new rubberized cuff attachments on it, and I didn't have a female attachment to go to my vac hose. Well the female cuff is included with the Mytee Air Hog LX. I found it in a bag that I neglected to lack up with my on my job.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Jim, Have you used your Zipper with your Jaquar set up?
Yes and will be later today/tomorrow at a couple Day cares. 13" Zipper 7 flow and low pressure at that flow.
Rear exhaust booster, agitation and a 3 HT does help, IMO.

Suction Junkie

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
Yes and will be later today/tomorrow at a couple Day cares. 13" Zipper 7 flow and low pressure at that flow.
Jimsteam can you share a pics of your rear mount setup and booster build pics also?

I'm interested in converting my box with 3 stage 5.7s to 2 stage so as to avoid tripping breakers, save weight and use only one cord.

Jimsteam

Premium VIP
Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Jimsteam can you share a pics of your rear mount setup and booster build pics also?

I'm interested in converting my box with 3 stage 5.7s to 2 stage so as to avoid tripping breakers, save weight and use only one cord.
??? Didnt you previously build one . I no longer use toolbox booster. My booster (2 lo amp 5.7s) sits on a shelf in the open where the fresh water tank sat on the Jaguar. Total of 3 circuits.
Converting your Mytee or ? I'd chat with @goomer and/or @Jim Davisson

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
The rear booster mentioned here. Do you use it?

Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
s
The rear booster mentioned here. Do you use it?
Almost everyday. Same as our Tool box booster but mounted on a slab of HDPE ( thick plastic) instead of in a box.
Personally I plan on assembling a LX / 8.4 in series ETM / porty in the near future .

Feb 24, 2011
Chicago Illinois
Real Name
Reuben Brumby
Business Location
United States
s
Almost everyday. Same as our Tool box booster but mounted on a slab of HDPE ( thick plastic) instead of in a box.
Personally I plan on assembling a LX / 8.4 in series ETM / porty in the near future .
Got pics of current setup?

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
Funny how the Portable side of carpet cleaning is getting a significant boost from the enthusiasm of Jim Davisson, Goomer, Johnny, and the LX vac motors. @Jimsteam has always been a porty booster booster...

Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
Funny how the Portable side of carpet cleaning is getting a significant boost from the enthusiasm of Jim Davisson, Goomer, Johnny, and the LX vac motors. @Jimsteam has always been a porty booster booster...
Like Johnny said above . Shits about to get real :)
I have a AMETEK LAMB 6.6 LX in transit . LOL

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I actually enjoy modifying equipment, not just carpet cleaning stuff. Cool to turn a preexisiting design into something truly yours

Jun 8, 2015
PA
Real Name
Justin
Like Johnny said above . Shits about to get real :)
I have a AMETEK LAMB 6.6 LX in transit . LOL

Jim you run 7 flow with the zipper on the jag 8.4 what psi??

I'm running a jag 8.4... going to get a new dual vacuum airhog LX to use with my waterotter when I need more portability... wondering how it will do with the jag 8.4 as well as a booster :unsure:

Apr 19, 2009
NOYB
Real Name
Jim
Business Location
United States
I am still using a 500 psi pump , your Jag has a 800 psi pump. 7 flow with pump only yields @ 150psi. I haven't but should try it with my Pumptec water hog. I could probably eliminate agitation in many scenarios.
Give some thought at what your attempting to accomplish especially how much amperage you will need and also the set up time.