My newest portable set up. Lighter, more powerful, and more versatile set up yet.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Busting you. You know it. Hate to say it but if most people knew how much we do in a week they’d be shocked.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Busting you. You know it. Hate to say it but if most people knew how much we do in a week they’d be shocked.
No joke my friend no joke

It is 12:17 a.m. here in Michigan and I just left a water emergency service call

I've been insanely busy all dayI'll probably be able to wind down about 1 and go to bed by 2 and the first job at 9
I know I should just send those guys can't there working still they probably won't be home till 4 or 5.
This is the reality of what it takes

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Hey trust me some wish they had some of your business problems

Reactions: Ymetimme

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I work endlessly and yet I borrow money from my kids lol

Reactions: Ymetimme

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Keep it stock for ease of winterizing, that is half of your battle.
I used my Air Hog to vacuum and auto dump the dirty water in the waste tank of my truckmount (can’t drain because the hose and ball valve got frozen). It worked for a while but then the pump out stopped working. I was using stocking filter to filter debris but still something got stuck in the 3.5 gpm Aquatec pump out for it to stop working. I think this pump is not made to pump dirty water just clean water. This is the reason the Escape uses a sump pump. The Flood Hog also used a sump pump and may not need a sock filter to filter fine particles. I think sump pump is the way to go for auto pump out.
Question: If I drain the water in the tank, it will also drain the water inside the sump pump, right? And if it has no water inside, there’s nothing to freeze so no need to winterize. Am I right on this? Thanks.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
These coils are designed for the 200 psi Aquatec pressure right? Or can it also handle 400 psi?
Depends on the tubing you use and namely the fittings. refrigeration copper and hardware store compression fittings are fine for 200 PSI. if you want to go for 500 PSI get thicker wall copper tube and swagelok or parker compression fittings.

I used my Air Hog to vacuum and auto dump the dirty water in the waste tank of my truckmount (can’t drain because the hose and ball valve got frozen). It worked for a while but then the pump out stopped working. I was using stocking filter to filter debris but still something got stuck in the 3.5 gpm Aquatec pump out for it to stop working. I think this pump is not made to pump dirty water just clean water. This is the reason the Escape uses a sump pump. The Flood Hog also used a sump pump and may not need a sock filter to filter fine particles. I think sump pump is the way to go for auto pump out.
Question: If I drain the water in the tank, it will also drain the water inside the sump pump, right? And if it has no water inside, there’s nothing to freeze so no need to winterize. Am I right on this? Thanks.
You have to prefilter your diaphragm pumps very well and they will work flawlessly. They are not meant to pump debris.

Many sump pumps have a check valve, some check valves have a little screw on them to allow you to drain it without disassembly. You have to look carefully at what you have and test it before it's an emergency.

Reactions: J20770

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Depends on the tubing you use and namely the fittings. refrigeration copper and hardware store compression fittings are fine for 200 PSI. if you want to go for 500 PSI get thicker wall copper tube and swagelok or parker compression fittings.

You have to prefilter your diaphragm pumps very well and they will work flawlessly. They are not meant to pump debris.

Many sump pumps have a check valve, some check valves have a little screw on them to allow you to drain it without disassembly. You have to look carefully at what you have and test it before it's an emergency.
Thanks

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States

In the upper right hand corner you can see my last step filter before the pump. It's simply the center donut holes of 2 green scrub pads held in place to the bulkhead with a 1/2" nipple with big holes drilled in center and a 1/2" cap. We always have the donut holes laying around and this is a good way to up cycle them.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I mean holy cow guys
I have a wife with four kids to care for
a successful office cleaning business with eight employees
A successful carpet cleaning business with 3 employees

It's going to take me a little while to come out with it give me a break!!!

I literally have to schedule time to work on it between other things
For example my schedule tomorrow is in 15 minute intervals between interviews with clients in bidding work
Wanna borrow my hanky and mini violin......lol
Were all pulling for ya buddy...

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
View attachment 83383
In the upper right hand corner you can see my last step filter before the pump. It's simply the center donut holes of 2 green scrub pads held in place to the bulkhead with a 1/2" nipple with big holes drilled in center and a 1/2" cap. We always have the donut holes laying around and this is a good way to up cycle them.
Thank for sharing. My Airhog only has accorn screen filter and my LTD3 has a tower screen filter plus a removable flitet covering it. The LTD3 filtering should be better. That float switch you have on the lower left, does it control the vacuum to turn off or does it control the auto pump out?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Thank for sharing. My Airhog only has accorn screen filter and my LTD3 has a tower screen filter plus a removable flitet covering it. The LTD3 filtering should be better. That float switch you have on the lower left, does it control the vacuum to turn off or does it control the auto pump out?
The float switch is for the APO, it's extremely reliable. I have it set to pumpout at the lowest possible point. I have a mag drive APO in one scooter and a diaphragm APO in the other. The 1000 GPH mag drive will outrun a garden hose under no load, but as lift increases output decreases with these smaller mag drives. The diaphragm pump output on the other hand is virtually unaffected by lift, but maxes at 3 GPM. For cleaning either one is absolutely perfect, the mag drive will handle debris like a champ, the diaphragm not so much.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
The float switch is for the APO, it's extremely reliable. I have it set to pumpout at the lowest possible point. I have a mag drive APO in one scooter and a diaphragm APO in the other. The 1000 GPH mag drive will outrun a garden hose under no load, but as lift increases output decreases with these smaller mag drives. The diaphragm pump output on the other hand is virtually unaffected by lift, but maxes at 3 GPM. For cleaning either one is absolutely perfect, the mag drive will handle debris like a champ, the diaphragm not so much.
So you’re using the float switch only for the mag drive, right? Or are you using for both? I’ve read somewhere that the diaphragm pump can run dry so I don’t know of the advantage of using a float switch with it. I’m going to keep the diaphragm pumpout of the Air hog and just change the accorn filter to the same as the LTD3. At least it has more surface area and may not get clogged easily. I’m going to install the trailing LX vac motor on the outside of the housing as there’s no more space inside. It will also help in the cooling.

Since the older Air hog has a small tank, I’m worried about foam. How do you guys deal with it? Do you mix an anti foaming chemical into your pre spray? Or use a powder anti foam and sprinkle it into carpet? Or inject liquid defoamer into the waste tank? Thanks.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
So you’re using the float switch only for the mag drive, right? Or are you using for both? I’ve read somewhere that the diaphragm pump can run dry so I don’t know of the advantage of using a float switch with it. I’m going to keep the diaphragm pumpout of the Air hog and just change the accorn filter to the same as the LTD3. At least it has more surface area and may not get clogged easily. I’m going to install the trailing LX vac motor on the outside of the housing as there’s no more space inside. It will also help in the cooling.

Since the older Air hog has a small tank, I’m worried about foam. How do you guys deal with it? Do you mix an anti foaming chemical into your pre spray? Or use a powder anti foam and sprinkle it into carpet? Or inject liquid defoamer into the waste tank? Thanks.
I use a float switch on all APO's. I don't like the idea of running a pump endlessly and unnecessarily.

I don't have foam issues in my taller tank. I can't be of much help here.

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I use a float switch on all APO's. I don't like the idea of running a pump endlessly and unnecessarily.

I don't have foam issues in my taller tank. I can't be of much help here.
Looking at the parts list on their website, I noticed that Mytee's LTD5LX and 1005LX now uses two mechanical float switch for the pump out. It doesn't have those when the vacuums are in parallel before. I don't think Mytee will just add those float switches just to prevent the APO from running endlessly and unnecessarily because its an added expense. I wonder if the float switch is a necessity when converting to LX vacs. Maybe the pump out performance will be affected if the water level on the intake is not maintained due to stronger vacs?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Looking at the parts list on their website, I noticed that Mytee's LTD5LX and 1005LX now uses two mechanical float switch for the pump out. It doesn't have those when the vacuums are in parallel before. I don't think Mytee will just add those float switches just to prevent the APO from running endlessly and unnecessarily because its an added expense. I wonder if the float switch is a necessity when converting to LX vacs. Maybe the pump out performance will be affected if the water level on the intake is not maintained due to stronger vacs?
I know when using submergible pumps you need to make sure that they're completely covered well under vacuum or else it'll draw air

I would think the same rule would apply what's a diaphragm pump

J20770

Premium VIP
Jan 14, 2019
Real Name
Jason Dumont
The float switches only shut off the vac motors if the apo fails, filter clogs or if you aren't using the apo. Otherwise the apo runs contionoulsy. Adding a float switch to turn the apo on and off is on my To Do list.