My newest portable set up. Lighter, more powerful, and more versatile set up yet.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim,
I'm pricing one of these heaters out. I dont know how you did yours for 150.00 or 125.00 but 100 ft. Of copper coils is gonna cost me that alone. Not counting a dolly, a container to hold the water. A lid. Connections or fittings, insulation my labor etc etc.
I'm probably looking at a grand not counting my labor.
Dolly, container, labor, $1000??? I'm confused.

50' 3/8" copper tubing is $50 on Amazon, two 3/8" x 1/4" compression fittings $9 at any home center, 5 gallon bucket with lid $5 if you don't have one. I got $65 or $115 if you want 100' of copper. This can be easy or as expensive and complicated as you want to make it.

Reactions: J20770

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater

50' 3/8" copper tubing is $50 on Amazon, two 3/8" x 1/4" compression fittings $9 at any home center, 5 gallon bucket with lid $5 if you don't have one. I got $65 or $115 if you want 100' of copper. This can be easy or as expensive and complicated as you want to make it.
Jim you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him think

I had a friend that was the biggest hillbilly carpet cleaner you would ever meet he kept a copper coil with a male quick disconnect and a female quick disconnect he would set it on top of the catalytic converter of his truck before he would start cleaning carpet he would start the truck in that was as heat source
Works great till the steam explosion!!!
He had to step outside for a cigarette!!!!

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
I'm currently working with stainless steel coils they're less thermally conductive cost more but holds up better to the solution that doesn't evaporate that I am using. Making something for one's self is easy making a product for others to consume is difficult.
So you’re not using water as the heat transfer medium? It will not be drainable and will be part of the permanent weight of the heater?

This system, and Jim’s, and all electric heater uses the customer’s hot water tank as the primary heater and these systems boost up the temperature. These systems will work best if set up closest to the faucet and direct feed. So it means that the pressure pump and heater needs to be brought into the house. It doesn’t make sense to keep pump in truck, connect hose to bring hot water into tank in truck and back to house again. Too much heat loss.

If it has to be brought in everytime, the pump and the heater needs to be lightweight. Or you need to be strong with healthy spine.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

I had a friend that was the biggest hillbilly carpet cleaner you would ever meet he kept a copper coil with a male quick disconnect and a female quick disconnect he would set it on top of the catalytic converter of his truck before he would start cleaning carpet he would start the truck in that was as heat source
What he didn’t telll you was it make awesome moon shine

Reactions: Ymetimme

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I'm currently working with stainless steel coils they're less thermally conductive cost more but holds up better to the solution that doesn't evaporate that I am using. Making something for one's self is easy making a product for others to consume is difficult.
I totally get it timme. Jim probably had all the shit laying around in his shop. Hes been in the business for so long.
How is yours coming along? Are they giving you a patent on it.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora

Was...the biggest!!! Now I'm here and #1

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora

Dont be confused Jim. Let me lay it out for you:
Dolly..I want a aluminum one. That can handle the weight. 120.00
Two 50 foot coils 100.00
What's the box on your dolly??? Is your 5 gallon bucket in there?? That's a metal box it looks like with insulation all around it correct???
Was that free?? If it was, can you send me one?? Because I'm going to have to pay for it.
Fittings? Hoses? Bulkheads?? Let's say 100.00. That's 320.00 right there not counting the box. What's that small box on the bottom of the dolly?

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Was...the biggest!!! Now I'm here and #1
Nope he still wins
He lives in Indiana
He has a record

he open Carrie's but it's okay it's black powder Navy revolvers
Explains it to everyone he meets

He's so redneck he doesn't answer the phone during NASCAR

He replaced all his quick disconnect with air fittings from harbor freight

he has two single wide trailers put together in the end.

Every time he hears a turbo whistle he goes "did you hear " "that" that's a diesel"

He got kicked out of the county Fair during the tractor pull for harassing the announcer

He will not buy a smart phone because the government will track you

All of his jeans have the chewing tobacco circle

The best part
He's not a bad person he's actually caring person
You may not have been taught manners or how to behave but he doesn't mean bad

I met him because he needed a heat exchanger weld it up I did it and he's kind of like gum on your shoe he sticks

• Haha
Reactions: Johnny Bravo

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Nope he still wins
He lives in Indiana
He has a record

Every time he hears a turbo whistle he goes "did you hear " "that" that's a diesel"

He got kicked out of the county Fair during the tractor pull for harassing the announcer

The best part

I met him because he needed a heat exchanger weld it up I did it and he's kind of like gum on your shoe he sticks
Lol

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Nope he still wins
He lives in Indiana
He has a record

The best part

Yessir, there are some really good people out there that dont look or act like what we consider to be normal. And many times, those are the best to have as friends too.
Never judge a book by its cover. So many of us make that mistake too...

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Judging and Observing are different lol
Didn’t anyone watch that show years back with the guy that did camp cooking on top of his pickup truck engine?

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Dumping 3 gallons of hot water out at the end of the job leaves you with a 10# mostly empty bucket with lid to put things in. I just unplug mine near the end of the job and cool down the water before dumping.
Sorry Im talking about the heater Timme is making that will not use water for heat transfer. So that liquid will stay permanent with the heater adding weight.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
Sorry Im talking about the heater Timme is making that will not use water for heat transfer. So that liquid will stay permanent with the heater adding weight.
No I am use making a heater that uses liquid to liquid transfer the liquid I will use will not evaporate anywhere nearly as fast as water
In probably won't need changed in a lifetime

I am also making another heater as well that works totally differently to be used in conjunction

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I mean holy cow guys
I have a wife with four kids to care for
a successful office cleaning business with eight employees
A successful carpet cleaning business with 3 employees

It's going to take me a little while to come out with it give me a break!!!

I literally have to schedule time to work on it between other things
For example my schedule tomorrow is in 15 minute intervals between interviews with clients in bidding work

Reactions: Johnny Bravo

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I mean holy cow guys
I have a wife with four kids to care for
a successful office cleaning business with eight employees
A successful carpet cleaning business with 3 employees

It's going to take me a little while to come out with it give me a break!!!

I literally have to schedule time to work on it between other things
For example my schedule tomorrow is in 15 minute intervals between interviews with clients in bidding work
Excuses.... :p