My new van and cds got destroyed in a wreck

Klean dry

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Sean rael
So on june 13 i was driving down i40 about 65mph and some guy lost control of his truck. Spun out into the front of my van. All people involved survied with no major injuries. But both vehicles were a total loss.. Has eny one had to deal with this.. Im concerned that because the van and cds are so expensive. Insurance may not pay the total bill..

Attachments

• 20150613_162015.jpg
    20150613_162015.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 20150613_161400.jpg
    20150613_161400.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 351
  • 20150613_164350.jpg
    20150613_164350.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 357
  • 20150613_164203.jpg
    20150613_164203.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 351

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Yes, our first butler was totaled in a wreck. But it had quite a few hours on it.

Depends on specific coverage you had.

Sucks man, sorry to hear that.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Yes, it depends upon what was covered. Your vehicle insurance does not usually cover equipment mounted inside unless you also had coverage for the equipment. Proper insurance coverage has been discussed here a number of times. If you have inland marine or other insurance on equipment that is permanently installed in the van you are OK.

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
I'm assuming it's the trucks fault, in that case you should be completely covered plus some.

If that's not the case you would have to have some pretty crappy insurance for it not to be covered as the CDS is considered part of the van since it is integrated.

Klean dry

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Sean rael
Yes, it depends upon what was covered. Your vehicle insurance does not usually cover equipment mounted inside unless you also had coverage for the equipment. Proper insurance coverage has been discussed here a number of times. If you have inland marine or other insurance on equipment that is permanently installed in the van you are OK.
I do have the proper insurance coverage on my end. Im just hoping i dont have to use my insurance and have my premiums raise

Reactions: Scott W

Klean dry

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Sean rael
I'm assuming it's the trucks fault, in that case you should be completely covered plus some.

If that's not the case you would have to have some pretty crappy insurance for it not to be covered as the CDS is considered part of the van since it is integrated.
Ya its the other guys fault. He spun across three lanes before hitting me

Klean dry

Jun 17, 2015
Real Name
Sean rael
Was the other guy cited?

I believe my C & C insurance covers that on my commercial auto policy.
Not sure if was or not. Cops around here seem lazy and do very little.. So i have to wait for the report to be availiable. But my c.n.c. is at 100,000 k and i have additional balloon covergae on all my vehicles for 500k. I have all my equipment additionally insured through greater american insurance. And state farms my other carrier for the autos

Reactions: Ray Thomas and Omar

Shawn Abbey

Nov 20, 2008
Oregon
Real Name
Shawn Abbey
Been through this twice......

Check with your insurance agent to make sure the equipment that is bolted to the van is covered. With my insurance, we had to modify our insurance plan to cover that.

Second, plan on about a month or longer before replacement of the van and equipment. The insurance has to go through the paperwork, and other stuff to evaluate proper compensation.

Third, make a detailed list of EVERYTHING in the van. Take pictures. While the insurance companies are battling it out on who compensates who, start locating replacement equipment. You'll probably be looking for used, since they may only use the value of the equipment and van in its current condition (mileage, hours, etc). Make a list of all chemicals and assign a value to each. Unfortunately, you probably won't be compensated for lost time/wages. But, in the meantime, you'll have a lot of homework to do...

Lastly, do NOT get emotional with the adjuster. Be nice and have your ducks in a row. If you have your homework done, and a value for each and every item, and a value for installation IN WRITING, your process will go with less headaches. Be patient!

So sorry about this. Stressful, I know! Hang in there!
IMG_0011.JPG
IMG_1909.JPG

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I would think if the other guy is ticketed being his fault the other guys insurance company should have to pay replacement value plus lost wages cause youd still be working if their insured hadnt crossed 3 lanes of traffic and knocked the shit out of your van. Sucks man i hope it all works out to your favor atleast you werent seriously injured good luck

bojangles

May 21, 2012
payson, az
Real Name
brian m
So on june 13 i was driving down i40 about 65mph and some guy lost control of his truck. Spun out into the front of my van. All people involved survied with no major injuries. But both vehicles were a total loss.. Has eny one had to deal with this.. Im concerned that because the van and cds are so expensive. Insurance may not pay the total bill..
where are you located?

looks albequerque-ish?

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Fuking sucks. I was wiped out in September. Took a while for the insurance to sort it out. Make sure you involve your own insurance for a subligation package and make sure you include each and every item that might have been damaged in the crash.
Make sure you get every injury tended to. Most wrecks like this are pretty straight forward and unless there's severe injuries, you can usually sort it out without an attorney.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott W