My New macdaddy Truckmount

Zarz

Feb 1, 2012
Victoria
Real Name
John Zahra
Business Location
Australia
Gr8 setup! So umm, do you sit on the pump section of the TM or just rest yr elbow on it? Love the cargo space. Nice work :cool:
28869-abbf5121935fae89f8d4b9576e1fe2c7.jpg

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Do you get a center cover? I have one, not sure if that came from hydramaster or gmc.

Sometimes I wish I did not have a passenger seat. Greater access and more storage. I guess I could remove it. Hmmmm

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
@AdmiralClean wishing is for princes and frogs. And your no prince. :D

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

AdmiralClean

Poster
Premium VIP
Mar 13, 2007
Alabama
I think I'd like a CDS, but if I have to deal long distance, Butler would probably be my choice.

I'd sure like the space savings of the CDS though.

Let me know if it rattles, please. Also, check for me and tell me if you notice any warm air coming from where the shaft goes into the cowling by your right leg, as you drive it.

jaymark

Premium VIP
Feb 8, 2011
PA
Real Name
Yea
Business Location
United States
Personally I wish butler would take a cue from this and move the pump closer to the driver. I have such little storage in my van.

Looks awesome!

Reactions: AdmiralClean

Bob Loblaw

Jun 7, 2013
Real Name
Rick
Business Location
Fiji
Vac blower 4.8 47trilobe
2500 psi
Salsa heat package, multiple heat exchanger
100 gallon recovery tank
Dual wand (won't use)

A feature that I love was a hole at the door threshold that fits my hoses through the bottom of the door which allows me to lock up the van whit on the job. Not only does it secure the van but cuts down on a lot of noise. Hydramaster website has a cool video
That "lock it up" feature is nice. I'm missing both my Dri-Pod fans and I think it's because they got lifted while my van was open during a cleaning.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I have one... GREAT machine.. do yourself a favor.. take out the zerk fittings on the pillow block bearings( they are a bit to grease).. find someone that makes high pressure hoses like aero quip.. you have them make it with a fitting that screws in to the pillow blocks where the zerks went.. make them long enough to reach to the passenger door kinda like your oil drain hoses in your pictures...
that end of the hose you have a grease fitting on and voila! your greasing is soooo much easier..
the only thing that's tough after that is greasing the u joint under the hood.. the rest of maintenance is a piece of cake.. just make sure you route them where they won't contact any pulleys that could cut them

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums mobile app

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
maybe older ones ate belts? mine is a 2010 4.8 salsa and my belts are original at 1700 hours.. I did change the van serpentine and an idler Pully that was getting noisy about a month ago, but none on the cds

Reactions: rob allen

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
Congratulations. have great luck with it. Looks good.

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Very nice. I have a cds with almost 6000 hours on it and its still going strong. That machine will outlast your van an maybe even outlast you.

Sent from my Z796C using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: GeorgeCA

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
maybe older ones ate belts? mine is a 2010 4.8 salsa and my belts are original at 1700 hours.. I did change the van serpentine and an idler Pully that was getting noisy about a month ago, but none on the cds

I get calls almost daily from guys who "HAVE AM EMERGENCY" on a job and the belt breaks, of course they want I it fixed ASAP. When I'm able to get them in I always ask when was the last time you changed this belt? 95% of the time the answer is, of its been a long time. Guess who usually never calls me with the EMERGENCY???? The guy who changed his belts regularly. Just sayin...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using TMF Forums mobile app

Reactions: Light351

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
I get calls almost daily from guys who "HAVE AM EMERGENCY" on a job and the belt breaks, of course they want I it fixed ASAP. When I'm able to get them in I always ask when was the last time you changed this belt? 95% of the time the answer is, of its been a long time. Guess who usually never calls me with the EMERGENCY???? The guy who changed his belts regularly. Just sayin...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using TMF Forums mobile app
When are you supposed to change this belt? How many hours?

Where do I get a spare? Autozone?
Size?