My new Etm in a pro master | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My new Etm in a pro master

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I wonder if that spray foam insulation stuff could work in a van...
After my research I found out that there are 2 types of spray foam, the one to use is for windows and door frames, this doesn't expand as much us the other type.

Another question here is that, I watched a lot of commercial vehicle RV conversions. RVs are used differently then carpet cleaning. In RVs people cook, probably bath etc and this creates alot of moisture, however we use our vehicles with doors wide open (unless if it's raining), I mean will our use create alot of moisture as someone who lives in their rv? Another words is that will our usage create enough moisture to cause extreme mold on the insulation?

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
After my research I found out that there are 2 types of spray foam, the one to use is for windows and door frames, this doesn't expand as much us the other type.

Another question here is that, I watched a lot of commercial vehicle RV conversions. RVs are used differently then carpet cleaning. In RVs people cook, probably bath etc and this creates alot of moisture, however we use our vehicles with doors wide open (unless if it's raining), I mean will our use create alot of moisture as someone who lives in their rv? Another words is that will our usage create enough moisture to cause extreme mold on the insulation?
Personally I'm not too worried as I don't operate a TM. I open the doors, unload and close it back up. In winter I'd like to keep in as much heat as I can though so my chemicals aren't freezing up while I'm working, and I don't want to leave my van running the entire time I'm inside working.

Reactions: Fedri

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Today I got my heater installed 40k btu and this thing has 3 speeds and makes it soo hot inside the cargo area. Even though I will insulate the vehicle with this strong of a heat it would do well without insulation imo. Thanks for the information regarding the insulation type, I will use the rock wool that we have here in home depot. I did a lot of research and most of the insulation out there do get mold because of moisture, specially in the winter months.
That one is similar to roxul. It doesnt have any thing on it about fire resistance. But same stuff. Mineral wool made from rock. Its a bit stiffer then roxul and can be torn by hand to fit. If too thick if i remember right that one can be peeled in half easily. 3m Corner bead adhesive (red dye) sticks it up pretty good. Not permanently but enough till you cover it with sheathing.

Reactions: Fedri