My new Etm in a pro master | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

My new Etm in a pro master

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri how is the performance of the van??? Its a V6??
It is great ride, not bad on gas having all that weight. Feels like I am riding a truck sitting high can see the traffic ahead of me with an ease, visibility is amazing with great big windshield, it has a back up camera and I can view the back through the back up camera as I drive. It doesn't feel under power.

Last edited:

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ok so some great advice thank you all. I will press the button on insulation next Sunday on my day off, although I am stuffing the pink insulation in those holes currently when I have the time.

Now about decals. Please share your experiences, will it make a good impression with full wrap, half wrap or just keep it simple with logo on both sides and the back with few writings. For full wrap I will have the fund next summer. Is it worth it with a full wrap? Will it help me getting some customers that way?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Ok so some great advice thank you all. I will press the button on insulation next Sunday on my day off, although I am stuffing the pink insulation in those holes currently when I have the time.

Now about decals. Please share your experiences, will it make a good impression with full wrap, half wrap or just keep it simple with logo on both sides and the back with few writings. For full wrap I will have the fund next summer. Is it worth it with a full wrap? Will it help me getting some customers that way?
Ive heard in loose terms that if you are trying to grow your business or create a business basically that braidings and advertising like a wrap is the way to go and if you are more established and just want to represent yourself well then something less like a logo on each side is enough.

Or course this is what I am recalling somewhere not from actual experience. Hopefully gives you food for thought and encourages others to chime in better suited to..

Reactions: Fedri

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ive heard in loose terms that if you are trying to grow your business or create a business basically that braidings and advertising like a wrap is the way to go and if you are more established and just want to represent yourself well then something less like a logo on each side is enough.

Or course this is what I am recalling somewhere not from actual experience. Hopefully gives you food for thought and encourages others to chime in better suited to..
Makes sense, I am well established, what I want to do is a basic decals. Will a full wrap help in my case is the question.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States

Try roxul, rock wool, thermofiber, mineral wool... Its mold/fire resistant and doesn't itch. Then foil tape openings. If you get the urge to use expanding foam. Use the stuff for windows and doors. It has minimal expansion and is soft. The other ones are known to break cinder blocks when they expand.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri are you good mileage with your new van???
Yes the mileage is not bad, the pro master spends extra half a gallon per 100km then my grand caravan, I have more weight on my pro master and I believe it would be similar or better then my grand caravan if I had the same weight as it was in my caravan.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Keep us posted. I've been looking at the promaster for it's front wheel drive but I've also heard it's got a lot of mechanical issues. The Transit has better ratings but is rear wheel. Wish someone other than Mercedes would make a 4wd.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Keep us posted. I've been looking at the promaster for it's front wheel drive but I've also heard it's got a lot of mechanical issues. The Transit has better ratings but is rear wheel. Wish someone other than Mercedes would make a 4wd.
Hi Robert, to be honest I don't believe those reviews at all. Those reviews are employees driven reviews. Employees don't care at all. I have met some owners of this vehicle and absolutely no issues.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Hi Robert, to be honest I don't believe those reviews at all. Those reviews are employees driven reviews. Employees don't care at all. I have met some owners of this vehicle and absolutely no issues.
Good to hear. Over all I'd love to get a Sprinter with 4wd but they cost nearly twice as much. Being in Montana with the snow we get, if I can't get 4wd I'd rather have front wd. Plus the promaster has a few options over the transits that I like. I'm a couple years from buying a new van and supposedly Ford is going to introduce either an all wheel or 4wd Transit so we'll see what happens.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I've heard a very few issues with the vehicles on the mechanic boards.
they're built on a platform that is common in Europe and has had very few issues there.
But in summary all vehicles have problems eventually. And even new cars can come broken

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I've heard a very few issues with the vehicles on the mechanic boards.
they're built on a platform that is common in Europe and has had very few issues there.
But in summary all vehicles have problems eventually. And even new cars can come broken
Absolutely. But some issues are bigger than others, and more frequent. I've just seen more reviews of people having $1,000+ repairs on their Promasters withing the first year than the Transits.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The pro masters are actually having major tranny problems, so much so the transmissions are on back order.

Some people are loving theirs and no issues but lots and lots of people have posted in the FB groups about trannys blowing out around 30k miles.

They are also carrying more weight than fedri as they have TM in them and some also a water tank, but they are 2500s/3500s... supposed to be able to handle that weight easily.

Reactions: Robert86

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
The pro masters are actually having major tranny problems, so much so the transmissions are on back order.

Some people are loving theirs and no issues but lots and lots of people have posted in the FB groups about trannys blowing out around 30k miles.

They are also carrying more weight than fedri as they have TM in them and some also a water tank, but they are 2500s/3500s... supposed to be able to handle that weight easily.
That's what I'm hearing on them, Transmissions going out at low mileage. Every vehicle has it quirks but that's a pretty big one. I have wondered if weight has something to do with it. A 3500 should be able to handle it so there is something wrong if it cant. I typically would only have around 500 - 750 pounds cargo in mine but when i go to do a large strip and wax, I easily have 1500 pounds cargo.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Ok so finally I found a local trusted company that installs heat inside the cargo, I have an appointment on Wednesday and once that is done I will start to install the insulation and panels. The heat will be a heat exchange from the engine 40k btu which is plenty.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Try roxul, rock wool, thermofiber, mineral wool... Its mold/fire resistant and doesn't itch. Then foil tape openings. If you get the urge to use expanding foam. Use the stuff for windows and doors. It has minimal expansion and is soft. The other ones are known to break cinder blocks when they expand.
Today I got my heater installed 40k btu and this thing has 3 speeds and makes it soo hot inside the cargo area. Even though I will insulate the vehicle with this strong of a heat it would do well without insulation imo. Thanks for the information regarding the insulation type, I will use the rock wool that we have here in home depot. I did a lot of research and most of the insulation out there do get mold because of moisture, specially in the winter months.