Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Anyone want to help me come up with a DBA name??
“A Touch of Gold”

Then have your wand painted gold so you are using a golden wand.

The nice thing about trying this business model out is it doesn’t matter if it works or not, you are covered by your existing company. You won’t lose anything by trying.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
I really thought you were closer than that. I am about in the same ball park but I would rather inch my way up than just make a big jump. Are you looking at a different clientel all together?

Sent from my XT1585 using TMF Forums mobile app
I would be if I still cleaned. Getting employees to get that price not an easy task.

And yes, I am going for a completely new clientele. Truthfully, I hope it exists.
Is it because they don't have the confidence to ask for the higher price?

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
“I'll Touch You for Gold”

The nice thing about trying this business model out is it doesn’t matter if it works or not, you are covered by your existing company. You won’t lose anything by trying.
That seems a little aggressive...even for you Todd.

Jan 9, 2013
Chicagoland Area
Real Name
Brian K.
Love the idea Rob!
There is a market for just about anything at any price point out there, the key here is does the area in which you'd like to service have enough clients for your targeted market?
In your area im guessing so, but that may not be the case in someone else's market.
A LOT of it has to do with how you market yourself.
I charge different prices for different customers according to many different factors.
Raising your prices is generally a good idea however.

Here are a few ideas on names:

5 star Cleaning Services
Golden Glove Cleaning Services
Executive Cleaning Services
Elite Cleaning Services
Superior Cleaning Services
World Class Cleaning Services
Diamond Cleaning Services

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Instead of trying to start another business name in the exact same industry you already have a good business in, why not get to where the money really is... installation.

Installation is in such high demand in our area its nuts.

Why not sell the product your cleaning (sub contracted installation) and then include service plans with every purchase?

personally I dont think the big money is in charging more for what you already do, but getting your hands into what your actually cleaning from the beginning.

We are starting our 2nd business atm, which of course is flooring/countertop installation but not tile, wood, or laminate, or carpet.

already have a decent share of the cleaning market in this area, and its a high saturated industry so we are happy with where we are currently at.

why try and tap deeper into an already highly saturated market, that your already successful in, with a whole new business name?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I really thought you were closer than that. I am about in the same ball park but I would rather inch my way up than just make a big jump. Are you looking at a different clientel all together?

I would be if I still cleaned. Getting employees to get that price not an easy task.

And yes, I am going for a completely new clientele. Truthfully, I hope it exists.
I ask for higher all the time. This time I want to multiply it

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
“A Touch of Gold”

I actually like this, a lot.

Rick Imby

Jul 2, 2009
Montana
www.missoulagreencarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Rick Imby
Business Location
United States
I have to agree with the person who spoke of his experience in the 5 star hotel. Only one job per day---speed is not the issue---take your time (we know this is hard for you Rob) always have another highly polished helper with you that treats you like you are the King also. Total red carpet service..

Robs Floor cleaning service..
Are we Most expensive floor cleaning service in the region or just the best?
When only the Golden touch will work...

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

I ask for higher all the time. This time I want to multiply it

You: Getting employees to get that price not an easy task

Me: Is it because they don't have the confidence to ask for the higher price?

You: I ask for higher all the time. This time I want to multiply it

Huh?

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Green,,,,,,or maybe gold?
Rob likes pink, he has his techs wear pink ones, i know, i was on one of his jobs, and i wore pink ones. I would say orange or blue, ask mama fen.

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
High End Floor Cleaning
Carpet Tile Stone Wood

High End denotes the customers for whom you are looking, and also lets high end customers know you are looking for them, exclusively.

It also plays into your sales call, where you can easily explain, in relation to your name, the highest end value/service/price, whom it is geared toward, etc.

Cleaning alerts the high end customers what you wish to do for them.

So, if it sounds like the key name youve been searching for, why not consider getting the url

HighEndFloor.Cleaning

What do you think of this?

Additional considerations. 5 Star was recommended. Is this the best phrase that speaks to high end clients willing to pay top dollar? Or does it also equally speak to anyone wanting the job done in a five star way, rich or poor?

Gold touch, does this sound too feely/fingery vs. a title which describes/delineates/speaks to your desired customers?

Anyway, reputation is what does it in the end, no mater the name. But, if the name speaks to the highest end customers, well id get that name, whatever it is.

Does executive speak only to most males and the corporate office life vs. the homes and families of the rich?

Finally, i think High End reeks/smells of pinacle customers, pinacle service/quality, pinacle price.

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
There is only so much market share available in one industry, to build a company over a long period of time and have a considerable amount of that market is a blessing.

The biggest and best, and highest end companies in our area that are running 15+ trucks charging premium rates are all at least 2nd generation.

.50-60cents per sq ft, 3-5 aero tech trucks doing big business. It takes time to get to that point

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Arthur Bach's