Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Anyone want to help me come up with a DBA name??

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
One or two people on a truck?
With a room service... I have no doubt that it can be done. Note that people are willing to subscribe to a whispering sound or sounds of the brush. I don't see any reason why Rob's V.I.P. treatment shouldn't be a success.

Travis Teague

Oct 5, 2016
Real Name
Travis Teague
Rob, it will work but not the way you are thinking. First go stay in a real 5☆ hotel. The kind that the Donald stays in. I did this recently for only one night. It was my honey moon and all my family chipped in as we could have never afforded it.
The service was mind blowing, I pulled into the parking lot, valet parking of course as that was all they had, and the guy opened my car door and congratulated me on my marriage and address me by name. How did he know who I was ? I did not even tell who we were. Crazy.
This can be done in carpet cleaning but you will have to take it to the next level. Meaning you call Rob and he sends you and your family on a 3 day spa retreat and you come home to a perfectly clean home top to bottom. Carpet, tile hardwood, grass is mowed laundry is done, and glass of wine is chilled by the tub of hot water.
Charge 5k for a total home deep clean and weekend getaway. Great valentine's day special for clients with a bit of cash.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The only problem I see Rob is you have built your current company name over time, if you start this under a new business name you basically look like a brand new company with little or no reviews.

might be hard to get people to go with it for a higher price and have your current company listed in the same area with way more reviews, not to mention the other competition around you.

I think you can do it, but maybe charge even more and include general house cleaning as well like wiping baseboards and walls etc

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Rob, it will work but not the way you are thinking. First go stay in a real 5☆ hotel. The kind that the Donald stays in. I did this recently for only one night. It was my honey moon and all my family chipped in as we could have never afforded it.
The service was mind blowing, I pulled into the parking lot, valet parking of course as that was all they had, and the guy opened my car door and congratulated me on my marriage and address me by name. How did he know who I was ? I did not even tell who we were. Crazy.
This can be done in carpet cleaning but you will have to take it to the next level. Meaning you call Rob and he sends you and your family on a 3 day spa retreat and you come home to a perfectly clean home top to bottom. Carpet, tile hardwood, grass is mowed laundry is done, and glass of wine is chilled by the tub of hot water.
Charge 5k for a total home deep clean and weekend getaway. Great valentine's day special for clients with a bit of cash.
What a great idea, Travis. I would like to be sent to Kauai, but I'm willing to pay only 3 K.
Welcome to the club and congrats. I'm pretty sure that you going to remember 5* night while celebrating 30th anniversary ( with a same woman)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The only problem I see Rob is you have built your current company name over time, if you start this under a new business name you basically look like a brand new company with little or no reviews.

might be hard to get people to go with it for a higher price and have your current company listed in the same area with way more reviews, not to mention the other competition around you.

I think you can do it, but maybe charge even more and include general house cleaning as well like wiping baseboards and walls etc
I see your point. My take is we have upscale hair salons here. There are some in same salon who are in more demand so they demand a higher dollar. My thought is with 35yrs exp, capability and new equipment look is marketable. I do see everyone’s point above though. It’s going to have to be over the top. All that entails is still open for discussion and suggestions.

Jul 15, 2013
Georgia
www.comfortcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Michael Comfort

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I really thought you were closer than that. I am about in the same ball park but I would rather inch my way up than just make a big jump. Are you looking at a different clientel all together?

Sent from my XT1585 using TMF Forums mobile app
I would be if I still cleaned. Getting employees to get that price not an easy task.

And yes, I am going for a completely new clientele. Truthfully, I hope it exists.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Pinnacle, Platinum, Executive things people at that price point would relate to would be my thought for the dba.
I think I thought of one but I will have to register it 1st.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I see your point. My take is we have upscale hair salons here. There are some in same salon who are in more demand so they demand a higher dollar. My thought is with 35yrs exp, capability and new equipment look is marketable. I do see everyone’s point above though. It’s going to have to be over the top. All that entails is still open for discussion and suggestions.
Hey, Rob....look at it this way. It's not really THAT over the top. Here's why.....
There are those who drive a KIA and others still who prefer a Porsche.
Those who buy costume jewelry and those who only go to Harry Winston.
Those who buy a raised ranch home, and those who buy a 10,000 sq. ft. Mc' Mansion.
Your idea is viable. HOW you market it is where you will either succeed, or fail.

Aug 8, 2012
Michigan
Real Name
Andrew Thornberg
Trying to be a high end cleaner is not the problem. Trying to be a high end cleaner with a truckmount that has not been tested would be the mistake. You want to charge high prices everything needs to be flawless including the machine.