My new 13 inch scrubber find on Craigslist

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@goomer the plumbing is simple and doesn't need the upstream injector or check valve if you want to just mix the chems in the tank. The ball valves are necessary to use the precision spray gun without the front jet spraying.
20181118_110525.jpg

I like the ability to just put hot water or hot water and sodium percarbonate in the tank and inject the encap product for minimal waste so at the end of the job I'm dumping basically leftover water really. Putting your prespray in the tank and spraying and scrubbing with a pad combines 2 steps and is very efficient time wise on any job TM or portable.
20181118_110347.jpg

The jet mounting bracket is just a scrap piece HDPE I milled and used ice maker line to connect to the pump, 2 screws from the bottom hold it in place. I have the ice maker line circling the motor for full articulation without any kinking.
20180813_192927.jpg

Secondary switch for on demand use for the spray gun.
20181118_112929.jpg

Momentary switch for front cone jet right where your thumb natively is.

The driving force behind this build was to make a lightweight orbiter an extremely versital mini Chemstractor V (some of the old guys around here might remember it). Hopefully this gives some of y'all some ideas to make your own work the way you need it to.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
@goomer the plumbing is simple and doesn't need the upstream injector or check valve if you want to just mix the chems in the tank. The ball valves are necessary to use the precision spray gun without the front jet spraying.
View attachment 81167
I like the ability to just put hot water or hot water and sodium percarbonate in the tank and inject the encap product for minimal waste so at the end of the job I'm dumping basically leftover water really. Putting your prespray in the tank and spraying and scrubbing with a pad combines 2 steps and is very efficient time wise on any job TM or portable.
View attachment 81168
The jet mounting bracket is just a scrap piece HDPE I milled and used ice maker line to connect to the pump, 2 screws from the bottom hold it in place. I have the ice maker line circling the motor for full articulation without any kinking.
View attachment 81169
View attachment 81170

The driving force behind this build was to make a lightweight orbiter an extremely versital mini Chemstractor V (some of the old guys around here might remember it). Hopefully this gives some of y'all some ideas to make your own work the way you need it to.
awesome, you are a great inventor

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
View attachment 81167
View attachment 81168
View attachment 81169
View attachment 81170

HA! I used to have a Chemstractor back in the mid 1980's. I loved that machine. Took some getting use to, but once you did you could really cover some real estate fast.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I drove to Cape Coral today and picked up a brand new Oreck Orbiter. It came with the pad holder of course, two tile brushes, a union mix brush, and a case of green pads. $160.00. Not a bad score. I saved about $200.00. The lady bought it last year and never used it.

goomer

Feb 16, 2009
Pelham Bay, Bronx New York
www.pelhambaycarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Frank Mendo
Business Location
United States
View attachment 81167
View attachment 81168
View attachment 81169
View attachment 81170

What is that clear tube running up the tank from the pump?

Black rubber round thingy?

20181118_110525.jpg

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Clear tube is for the chemical injection, I keep the chemical concentrate inside the tank. The black bumper is for when it falls over it doesn't land directly on the pump. Trust me you are going to knock it over, usually loading or unloading and not while using it in the job. It does balance on it's own standing up believe it or not, with the handle forward.

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
this one in pic is about 70 lbs and you just have to continually look on craigslist, offer up, and theres a few more places too.
Been looking for months...bet there are hundreds out there under a pile of junk in garages and shops all over the country.....fudddddge...i need one!

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
I drove to Cape Coral today and picked up a brand new Oreck Orbiter. It came with the pad holder of course, two tile brushes, a union mix brush, and a case of green pads. $160.00. Not a bad score. I saved about $200.00. The lady bought it last year and never used it.
Old Vet, looks like your getting back in the game?

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Old Vet, looks like your getting back in the game?
I'm seriously considering it.
If I do, it will be a part time thing and just me. No employees. Not sure I want to grow another business. Do t have that in me anymore.
Let me pick your brain a little if you don't mind.

My biggest concern is the fact that EVERYTHING here in Sarasota revolves around the snowbirds. Very irritating. Businesses here drop dead as soon as May 1st comes and they all cry the blues until they come back. Personally I wish they'd never come back. Anyway....Do you have the same issue of snowbirds in Deerfield Beach and how do you deal with it?
You can PM me if you want to.
Or you can email me at
supercarpetman17@gmail.com
if you dont want to discuss it on an open forum. Your call. I appreciate your insight pal.

Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Been looking for months...bet there are hundreds out there under a pile of junk in garages and shops all over the country.....fudddddge...i need one!
Besides Craigslist you should try Facebook yardsale. MUCH better than Craigslist with so many more floor machines for sale. That's where I found my Oreck Orbiter last week. Must have been over 30 floor machines for sale. Also try your local pawn shops.