My Namco Scooter Up-grades in Progression....

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
So, some personal issues have prevented me from being able to purchase the (4) 3-stage motors at this time.

Problem solved!;)

Just traded my Rotovac Powerwand for something I really need right now....a Mytee 7303 Air-Hog with APO!

As some of you may already know, the Namco currently has 185" WL and 88 CFMs, has Auto-Fill, NO APO.

By adding the Air-Hog with 144" WL and 115 CFMs to my current set-up (correct me if i'm wrong please.), I should now have Auto-Pump Out and should increase my CFMs from 88 cfms to around 200 and my 185" WL to....I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW THIS WILL AFFECT MY WL"S?

I just know that the addition of the Air-Hog is a going to be a very HUGE HELP while I save up for my 3-stage motors!

I will post some pictures and/or videos once I mate the Air-Hog up with the Namco and clean some carpets....it's being shipped from C.A., so it will be next week sometime.

Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
These are the L.E.D lights that will be installed next to the safety switches.

noname (27).jpg
noname (27).jpg
noname (27).jpg

Thanks!;)

ac

bullets

Oct 14, 2008
ocean county
Real Name
micky bullets
hey ac, being we are closing in on the holiday season, get some red lights to go along with the green ones, and it'll feel like christmas :)

jk...........

i'm thinking that booster you now have might be too strong to use with the scooter as it exists right now? the whole concept of boosters are to enhance the existing power of a porty, not over-power it!

Jimsteam 1

Aug 21, 2011
hey ac, being we are closing in on the holiday season, get some red lights to go along with the green ones, and it'll feel like christmas :)

jk...........

i'm thinking that booster you now have might be too strong to use with the scooter as it exists right now? the whole concept of boosters are to enhance the existing power of a porty, not over-power it!

Very well said ! ( not over-power it!)
May very well only have the CFM from the booster . I believe you will gain very little CFM from the Namco . Luckily the APO is at the booster.
JIM

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States

jk...........

Your right....I forgot that a booster only enhances the numbers when set-up behind the machine or tied directly to the machine somehow....like the M5-Deron Special with the Air-23 hooked up behind it.

The booster in this case will just bring the water the first 25-50' and the Portable will take over from there. At least it's doing that much so I can do longer runs!

Thanks for pointing that out!

MY MISTAKE!!!!

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
GREAT NEWS!:)

After having spent the last couple of days at my Mom's, lots of talk about my decision to be a CC and helping her find a replacemnt for the van she was kind enough to give me....she has come to realize even more that I really have a sincere passion for the CC industry and that to go back to the Automotive Industry just is not a wise move for me anymore.

When over-hearing me speak of "not being able to afford my 3-stage vacuum motors at this time"....she bartered a deal with me!

I clean her carpets and detail her car every 6 months for 24 month period....she buys my motors!:) She happened to be "over-hearing" to well though and learned that I can get by with only the (2) motors for now, so....I will just be ordering the (2) this time around and get the other (2) when the finances allows.

CRUNCH TIME!!!!

Now the HARD-PART!

I have written that I wanted the LMB2A 3-stage motor that I'm pretty sure Ametek-Lamb makes for l. cobb, because it offers 556 Air-Watts, 148" WL-110 CFMs @ 12-amps on a Parallel Air Series, this will offer me lots 230 CFMs for the longer runs that I will need and about 142-144 inches of WL. Price per motor= $135.00 per motor.

Then there's the Ametek-Lamb 6.6 that I'm contemplating, as it seems to be doing really good for the CA guys who too operate from their van. It has 625 Air-Watts, 132" WL and 139 CFMs, that's really impressive and well balanced numbers! Price= $147.00 per motor.

I was considering the new Ametek 8.4 as well that has an impressive 673 Air-Watts, 146" WL and 141.5 CFMs....too costly though. (IMO.) Price= $325ish per motor.

I KNOW THAT THE 8.4s ARE BIG, MODS WOULD BE MADE TO ACCOMADATE THEM IF I COULD EVEN GET THEM. Price= $227.00 per motor.

Anyway, WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE OF AIR-WATTS????

Thanks!;)

ac

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States

jk...........

There will be a red 1 or 2 before long!;)

Lol!:)

ac

That is a great price for the Lamb 6.6 2 stage vac motors. I think that is what I would start with because
we know that with just 2 cords we can run the two vac motors and a 800 psi pump . As far as a Power Booster
they are more effective on the longer runs inline. For instance if you need a total of 200 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose
I would put the Power Booster depending on model at about 50 to 100 feet behind the wand. Probably in this case
100 feet.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
That is a great price for the Lamb 6.6 2 stage vac motors. I think that is what I would start with because
we know that with just 2 cords we can run the two vac motors and a 800 psi pump . As far as a Power Booster
they are more effective on the longer runs inline. For instance if you need a total of 200 feet of 2 inch vacuum hose
I would put the Power Booster depending on model at about 50 to 100 feet behind the wand. Probably in this case
100 feet.

Thanks Jan!

You and I have since talked about this subject and I have concluded that the 6.6 is definitely the way to go for me. i like it's better balanced numbers and that it is more technically advanced than the others.

Thanks to the CA Fellas posting their videos on you tube and proving thus far that this motor can clean effectively from the van and so far there have been no complaints from them about this motor!;)

Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Thanks Jan!

You and I have since talked about this subject and I have concluded that the 6.6 is definitely the way to go for me. i like it's better balanced numbers and that it is more technically advanced than the others.

Thanks to the CA Fellas posting their videos on you tube and proving thus far that this motor can clean effectively from the van and so far there have been no complaints from them about this motor!;)

Thanks!;)

ac

Well,

Today Jeff from WOC's on-line store will be ordering my in-line pressure pump (1350 max psi.) and (2) Ametek-Lamb 6.6 Vacuum motors and possibly an additional psi gauge.

Let's just say that Adam (Technician in Savannah.) will have his hands full the next (2) weeks working on the all new 'HURRICANE 6.6 ETM.'

Thank you for all of your support, advice and comments!;)

See yall soon!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Tyler,

You are correct about being addicted to "my mistress"....gotta enjoy her every chance I get, as I will be "chilling" once the wifey returns from the motherland! Thank you for your show of enthusiasm in my project as well Tyler!

Jim,

Thank you!

I had always felt a slight bit skeptical about the LMB2A, i.e. never really knowing who made it, no performance data, some negative comments here and there, etc., but I do have all the confidence in the world in my decision to purchase the Ametek-Lamb 6.6's, especially after having seen you CA folk's you-tube videos, your forum post's as well as the advice of Jaime F. and Jan S. to purchase them.

I look forward to introducing everyone to the HURRICANE CAT 6.6 (as in "Category" 6.6) once the final product once it is complete!

I have an opportunity to obtain another Namco body for under 300.00, considering dropping (2) Ametek-Lamb 8.4 motors in it and doing all the same up-grades to it....it will of course be the HURRICANE CAT 8.4., those motors have some very impressive numbers!

I have decided not to share anymore details or pictures about some of the really cool, innovative and useful features that Adam is trying to incorporate in the Hurricane 6.6 ETM; just know it that the Namco is really evolving into becoming a true "ETM".

Thanks again!;)

ac

Last edited by a moderator:

bullets

Oct 14, 2008
ocean county
Real Name
micky bullets
good deal ac, and i hope the machine turns out to be all you plan and hope it to be!

once you begin to tinker with equipment, you'll be doing it for many years to come. i been involved in the cleaning business in one way or another since 1971, and i still share and feel quite a bit of enthusiasm, when it comes to cleaning and tinkering with stuff.

the name, "hurricane 6.6" has a nice ring to it. copyright it so nobody steals it away!

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
good deal ac, and i hope the machine turns out to be all you plan and hope it to be!

once you begin to tinker with equipment, you'll be doing it for many years to come. i been involved in the cleaning business in one way or another since 1971, and i still share and feel quite a bit of enthusiasm, when it comes to cleaning and tinkering with stuff.

the name, "hurricane 6.6" has a nice ring to it. copyright it so nobody steals it away!

Hey bullets,

My Mom says the same about the name, she liked how I incorporated the "Category" part....I need to look into that...was thinking of Legal Zoom.com.

That's really cool after ALL these years you still have enthusiasm for the CC industry and CC equipment!

Your advice has been very valuable and greatly appreciated!

Thanks again!:)

ac

p.s. I have found that the CC industry is waaaaay more than I ever thought it was, and very happy to now be apart of it! Having a helper one day will certainly make it THAT MUCH BETTER!

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
UP-DATE:

Wow, how to begin????

Here goes....

I have stalled on the mods of the Namco for a few reasons, the reasons came from some valuable knowledge I have been Blessed enough to gain from a few Vets in the Carpet Cleaning Industry ("Vets"= 20-30+ years non-stop Carpet Cleaning Industry Experience.).

1.) I guess I'll start with the word "Portable":

I own a PORTABLE Carpet Cleaning Machine that has very good lift capabilities (185"), but very low CFMs (88-cfm), but that's o.k. that the CFMs are low; it's the high lift I need to effectively clean carpets without leaving behind too much water/moisture. I'm not saying that CFMs are not important, as we all know you need both, but when using my machine the way it was intended to be used...as a Portable, I don't need high CFM numbers when using 25' and/or 50' of vacuum hose.

2.) "You can clean up to 200', or "you can clean from the van"!

I have a friend that owns a Everest TM from Prochem...though this machine is very powerful, he avoids long runs at all cost...I remember him "flipping-out" about being at 250 ft. of vacuum hose with the Everest and how he could not wait to start peeling off vacuum hose...even at 175 ft. he was still "trippin" about the hose length!

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that Manufacturers of Electric Carpet Cleaning Equipment should be talking about how little hose you can use, or how close you can get the wand to the machine....not how much or how far away."

3.) "Statements used to loosely":

It is my HUMBLE opinion that many Electric Manufacturers use certain statements "to loosely" in today's market, i.e., when telling the buying public that they "can clean EFFECTIVELY from the van or distances up to 100+ ft." with fast dry times and/or our machine's performance is that of a small gas powered TM". These statements are made without any hard data to back them up...in most cases "soft data" for that matter from actual testing against a small TM...nothing "scientific" mind you; maybe just a water recovery test using "like" circumstances would be great and or a moisture meter. I HATE IT for the Fella that has never used a gas powered TM and therefore has not a clue as to whether or not he really has the recovery performance of a gas powered TM, or if he is simply leaving too much moisture behind. Forget geography in this....regardless of where you are...gas powered TM performance is what it is and Electronic equipment performance is as well what it is.

4.) The "numbers":

O.h. yes...the numbers. Lol!:) I had the opportunity to speak with a Vacuum motor manufacturer whose motors are in about 40% of the Portable market today and has over 30 years in the business over the past couple of weeks and have learned a lot, most in the last day or so. Anyway, we discussed numbers and their importance, here's what he had to say...'When I watch videos of folks posting the numbers showing a CFM gauge and/or a vacuum gauge from....let's say 100'-150' of 2' vacuum hose; It does not make a whole lot of sense to me, because the hose is not on the carpet pulling any load whatsoever and the hose is empty; no water in it. Do you clean from the end od a hose or from the end of a wand? People do not realize just how much they are reducing their cleaning ability or how much those numbers drastically reduce when coming from the end of a wand and water content flowing through it. I have also noticed that the number of choice to show id the CFM number, which I understand because they are advertising "long hose runs", but when the CFMs are high, we know that there is a trade off and that the lift number is low and from what I have noticed in most of these videos is no one wants to disclose just how low, or simply just don't know...("loosely used statements".)...without sufficient lift, there simply is not a sufficient amount of recovery.He said that the best way for anyone to achieve both high WL numbers and CFM numbers would be "to use (2) motors in series and (2) motors in a parallel configuration....period." "If people are to afraid to go to (3) or more cords, they are only hurting the buyer of their machine and leaving to much moisture behind...if they are using from the van or 100+' vacuum hose runs.!"

5.) "Personal Standards":

I guess a lot of this boils down to "personal standards" of service to the customer...I personally want to give the customer the best that I can and I am very cognoscente of the damage that leaving to much moisture behind can cause, which is why the Namco will always be close by, no more than 50' away from me or the wand, regardless of how much I want, it will not be from the van! Not until I could possibly know that it is recovering just as much or very, very close to a small gas powered TM. I ended up picking up (4) new vacuum motors...doesn't matter though, not until I would be able to test from where THE WAND MEETS THE CARPET, WHERE IT REALLY MATTERS/COUNTS and I could also perform a water recovery test against a small gas powered TM!!!! My Namco has been giving my Customers extremely fast dry times when used the way it was meant to be used....as a portable...not an Electric Truck Mount! Whether or not an Electric machine has mounting brackets and/or wheels, if the machine has PORTABLE LIKE PERFORMANCE and/or NUMBERS...chances are that you should probably use it as a portable unit and/or like a portable unit...no more than 50' of hose!

6.) "Electric Equipment Pricing":

I have said it before, "one of the greatest things about choosing Electric powered Carpet Cleaning Machines is affordability!" Don't think I'm correct? Price out building a small gas powered TM, then price out building a ETM...with aluminium and all or most parts available at your local True Value Hardware store, with only (2) motors. I have and I assure you that regardless of how rigid a standard you have for quality, the cost is NOWHERE CLOSE to that of a small gas powered TM!

7.) "When will someone introduce a TRUE ELECTRIC TRUCK MOUNT that can HONESTLY and EFFECTIVELY clean from at least 150 ft.????"

Why did I choose 150'? Because I really do not think that people realize just how much an Electric powered CC machines effectiveness is lost everytime 25' of hose is added, even a gas powered machine for that matter. This kind of goes back to the "statements being made to loosely part." I really feel that to many people are falling for these statements, they want them to be true so bad that they have lost all sense of logic...anyone using any of the Electric machines available in today's market without a sufficient amount of lift to match "ALL THAT CFM THEY SHOW OFF WITHOUT A LOAD AND NOT FROM WHERE THE WAND MEETS THE CARPET is leaving to much moisture behind and/or HAVING TO MAKE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO MANY DRY PASSES to even come close to matching the ability of a small gas powered TM!!!!

8.) "I LOVE ALL THINGS ELECTRIC"!:

WHEN IT COMES TO THE CC INDUSTRY, I TOO WANT "TO BELIEVE" ALL THE HOOPLA BEING THROWN AT US, AS I DO LOVE ALL THINGS ELECTRIC ABOUT IT, BUT I HAVE COME TO TERMS (Chris Sheldon will LOVE this.) THAT IT SIMPLY DOES NOT EXIST YET....THERE IS NOT A ELECTRIC MACHINE THAT CAN EFFECTIVELY DO WHAT A SMALL GAS POWERED TM CAN!!!! (sorry that was written in all CAPS, to tired to change it!)

You may reply, "yeah, but my customer's are happy with what I deliver"!!!! Sure they are right when you finish, but I have a feeling that 4-5-7 hours after you have gone, that happiness starts to diminish as they realize the bottom of their socks are still getting wet! Chances are you will not know this until you have not heard from them again to come clean your carpets! (This does not count for the Fella using Electric machinery from the van that also does multiple dry passes and uses fans!)

I'm not writing any of this to bash anyone, only to share my thoughts and opinions in an effort to look out for those that may possibly be to darn clueless...I Hope that it will also help some of you who may possibly be delusional, as I once was about just how effective a ElectricCarpet Cleaning machine is from the van. I know that deep down, most of you agree, but cannot or will not accept the above opinions and or say that you do, either because you have already made a substantial investment in a Electric Carpet Cleaning machine and or you are somehow tied to one.

I look forward to the day that these capabilities are introduced to us in a bas-a_ _ looking Electric Piece of Machinery with Pricing that reflects the fact that it is Electric CC Equipment!

Respectfully to ALL,

ac.

Great post, Albert! You really touched on some important points, especially about the lift/cfm issue(s). Alot of people do not realize that lift and CFM are inversely proportional, meaning that increasing one, decreases the other. I have always said the relationship between the two in terms of effective carpet cleaning is a "happy medium".

Electric is not my thing, but I do hope there one day can be an actual ETM! But there are fine electric machines out there that a cleaner can do a bang-up job with.

Your research and subsequent knowledge is awesome as I respect anyone who becomes a student of their industry.

Knowledge truely is power, my friend and you are certainly POWERFUL!

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Great post, Albert! You really touched on some important points, especially about the lift/cfm issue(s). Alot of people do not realize that lift and CFM are inversely proportional, meaning that increasing one, decreases the other. I have always said the relationship between the two in terms of effective carpet cleaning is a "happy medium".

Electric is not my thing, but I do hope there one day can be an actual ETM! But there are fine electric machines out there that a cleaner can do a bang-up job with.

Your research and subsequent knowledge is awesome as I respect anyone who becomes a student of their industry.

Knowledge truely is power, my friend and you are certainly POWERFUL!

Thanks Chris...means a lot coming from you Dude! I mean that!

Respectfully,

ac