My Namco Scooter Up-grades in Progression....

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Full body view with switches.

I will be adding the green L.E.D dime sized lights next to each switch this coming week HOPEFULLY!:)

noname1.jpg

I've decided to include a "Running Total" as I add new equipment/accessories.

The current running total the way you see it is....$465.00.

Includes:

*Namco Portable-

*Switches + labor to install them-

Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
sounds like your going to over the vans GVW

[video=youtube;DHfp4XfHEzQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHfp4XfHEzQ[/video]

Terry (fjordking),

No, I've taken all of the weight factors into consideration and will continue to do so as things progress.

Again, the tires are 15", not 14".

Even considering the addition of air-shocks....we'll see.

Thank you!;)

ac

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Unnamed_1316993803082.jpg

Sorry, I forgot that I got site-tube before the switches. I will of course need to add an adapter when the vacuum hose bib becomes 2" on the Namco.

Total cost now: $475.00

*Namco Portable-

*Switches-

*Site tube-

*Labor-

Thank you!;)

ac

Attachments

• Unnamed_1316993803082.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 39

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Looking Good AC ! Like the Pics!
Check out Dultmeier .com for CC parts. Pumps -Hoses etc. .

Awesome/Thanks and I will check out that site.

I actually have (2) site tubes Jim. I ordered one from ROTOVAC, the one that they use for the 360I, it's like 12-14 inches long.

My goal is to have about 7 ft' of vacuum hose coming from the wand and connecting to that site tube that will lay/lie on the floor, then of course the vacuum hose will go from site tube and continue onto the Van. Thought it would be cool to show the customer all the crap I'm pulling from their carpets.

I have it now and will send you a picture of it set-up if you would like. I must get (2) cuffs for it first, just gotta figure out which ones. Lol! (i say that because the hose is all 2", the site tube is also 2", the cuffs on the hose is 2", down to 1.5" on both ends of each 50' section. I'll figure it out.

Thanks again Jim!;)

ac

p.s. like my green hose huh? I do!:)

p.s.s. I will be removing the gray paint this week so that it will have a shiny aluminum finish, I'm thinking of using paint stripper to do this, just not sure what kind of adverse effect it may have on the shiny aluminum finish that it already has under the paint? I was thinking that if it did put a "haze" of some sort on the finish, then i could just take a high speed buffer and polish it out? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Awesome work so far Albert! Thank you very much for taking the time to document your upgrades. This is great information.

Thanks Eric, I find the interest in it pretty cool!

Again, it is my intent TO RECEIVE ADVICE as I continue posting the progression of the up-grades or add-ons and to Hopefully help others interested in doing the same with their portable and or help those who are just starting out save some money and have their equipment grow as they grow....like myself.

Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
The Namco at work today.

On top of the Portable is my "entry-level" Upholstery/Stair cleaning tool, Hydro-Force hand held sprayer and a container of WOC's Knockout.

Cleaning carpet and upholstery in a Honda Pilot for local Honda Dealer.

I should have taken some "before" pictures, I will next time.

Thanks!;)

ac

p.s. i save the site-tube for indoors.

noname (1).jpg

noname (3).jpg

Jimsteam 1

Aug 21, 2011
The Namco at work today.

On top of the Portable is my "entry-level" upholstery cleaning tool, Hydro-Force hand held sprayer and a container of WOC's Knockout.

Cleaning carpet and upholstery in a Honda Pilot for local Honda Dealer.

I should have taken some "before" pictures, I will next time.

Sorry for posting the site-tube picture twice; still trying to figure out loading pictures.

Thanks!;)

ac

p.s. Eric S., please tell me how to delete the attached thumbnail picture of the site tube.

View attachment 453

View attachment 454
Great Job !!!
Some are all talk and no Show. Thanks for sharing!
JIM
PS You should put a decal of the "Hulk" on your scooter !! LOL

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Does anyone know if paint stripper will have an adverse effect on the Namco's shiny aluminum finish that's under the paint?

I really want to get the paint off in the next couple of days, would be great if I could find someone with a sand-blaster.

Thanks!;)

ac

bullets

Oct 14, 2008
ocean county
Real Name
micky bullets
i dont think stripper will have any effect on the aluminum but what i would do is do a "test" strip on backside of machine, where one of the wheels will hide any potential bad effect!

rather then install a 500 or 800 psi pump inside the cabinet, have you considered an external pump system? reason i mention is multi-fold.

1) leaves interior space for add'l vac motors if and when needed/and pump-out.
2) inside the metal cabinet is going to get hot, may shorten pump life, unless you install cooling fans.(500/800pumps are costly)
3) external pump gives you more versatility where you can leave the scooter in one spot, and move the pump by itself.
4) external pump, although adds another cord, keeps you set for hard surfaces cleaning.

800 psi is at the very low end for hard surfaces cleaning, and wont be adequate in many cases.

i had an AR610, 1250psi adjustable pump in use, along with a heavily modified old commanche portable. it was an awesome, easy to use, lightweight set-up. 2 domel 2 stage vacs, an APO, and a 200 psi pump for when we didnt use the AR610.

just thought i'd share some other possibilities with you!

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
i dont think stripper will have any effect on the aluminum but what i would do is do a "test" strip on backside of machine, where one of the wheels will hide any potential bad effect!

rather then install a 500 or 800 psi pump inside the cabinet, have you considered an external pump system? reason i mention is multi-fold.

1) leaves interior space for add'l vac motors if and when needed/and pump-out.
2) inside the metal cabinet is going to get hot, may shorten pump life, unless you install cooling fans.(500/800pumps are costly)
3) external pump gives you more versatility where you can leave the scooter in one spot, and move the pump by itself.
4) external pump, although adds another cord, keeps you set for hard surfaces cleaning.

800 psi is at the very low end for hard surfaces cleaning, and wont be adequate in many cases.

i had an AR610, 1250psi adjustable pump in use, along with a heavily modified old commanche portable. it was an awesome, easy to use, lightweight set-up. 2 domel 2 stage vacs, an APO, and a 200 psi pump for when we didnt use the AR610.

just thought i'd share some other possibilities with you!

It's funny you mention what you did because the technician (Adam) who will be performing 99% of the work said to me today that "we may need to put/mount a high pressure pump externally to the side of the Namco body and leave the compartment open for the vacuum motors and possibly a Little Giant 1/6 Pump Out".

The 1/6 is rated at 18 gpm, 115 volts and 5-amps. I took a picture of it and put my hand next to it for scale puposes.

I will not be purchasing this from Grainger for 138.00 though, Jeff Ellis of WOC has found me one for 72.00.

Adam also mentioned that he may even install it directly in the waste tank, drill a couple of holes for the hose and the power cord and just run a hose straight from the Namco vacuum chamber/waste tank to the big external (40-45 gallon) waste tank, leaving the components compartment strictly for the vacuum motors, as he too stressed a concern about heat and having the ability to one day clean tile & grout.

Thanks for your valued suggestions bullet, seems that you and Adam are thinking along the same lines!;)

ac

p.s. my thumb and "pointy finger" are touching the pump.

noname (4).jpg

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
If you really want to get fancy with that Namco. Get a quote on a vinyl wrap for it. That would really look sweet.
Yeah, there is a place on the Island and I think in Bluffton that does that (vinyl wrap.), if it's not too much, that is what I will do, if not, I will just have some custom stickers/decals made for it.

Thanks Eric!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
It's funny you mention what you did because the technician (Adam) who will be performing 99% of the work said to me today that "we may need to put/mount a high pressure pump externally to the side of the Namco body and leave the compartment open for the vacuum motors and possibly a Little Giant 1/6 Pump Out".

The 1/6 is rated at 18 gpm, 115 volts and 5-amps. I took a picture of it and put my hand next to it for scale puposes.

I will not be purchasing this from Grainger for 138.00 though, Jeff Ellis of WOC has found me one for 72.00.

Adam also mentioned that he may even install it directly in the waste tank, drill a couple of holes for the hose and the power cord and just run a hose straight from the Namco vacuum chamber/waste tank to the big external (40-45 gallon) waste tank, leaving the components compartment strictly for the vacuum motors, as he too stressed a concern about heat and having the ability to one day clean tile & grout.

Thanks for your valued suggestions bullet, seems that you and Adam are thinking along the same lines!;)

ac

View attachment 458

This too may be an option for a APO. It too is a 1/6 hp, 115 volts, but only 2 ac/amps.

It is rated at 11 gpm.

See next post....

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States

ac

View attachment 458

This too may be an option for a APO. It too is a 1/6 hp, 115 volts, but only 2 ac/amps.

It is rated at 11 gpm.

Submersible-Sump-Pump-5EAF1_AS01.JPG