My Namco Scooter Up-grades in Progression....

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I would like to share with yall the progression of my Namco Scooter up-grades. I chose this machine because I have found taller bodies easier to maneuver and I prefer the metal fabrication.

It currently has 2-dual stage vacuum motors rated at 185" WL and 88 CFMs, in an effort to increase both the CFMs and WL"s, as well as being capable of leaving the machine stationary most of the time in the van for those 100'-125' "average runs". I will be up-grading the (2) vacuum motors to dual 3-stage vacuum motors in parallel configuration....this should give me about 220-230 CFMs and about 144-145 "WL.

When in a "pinch" and/or runs longer than 125' are required; I can still use it as a Portable unit.

When I can, I will add (2) more motors to this machine and/or a vacuum booster with.

Auto-Dump out will also be added.

It is currently plumbed out in 1.5", has a straight pipe vacuum set-up....this will all be plumbed out in 2", to include the exterior vacuum hose bib.

It also has a 100 psi pump, this will be up-graded to a 800-500 or 400 psi pump, whichever one will fit after the vacuum motors have been installed. (first choice is 800 psi.) I also have plan on installing a psi gauge and adjustment knob to the front of the machine when new pump is installed.

Here's a picture of how it currently looks:

168050_lg.jpg

I've already removed the stickers and will soon be removing the gray paint so that it has a shiny aluminum finish. It will eventually have a vinyl wrap and/or some custom stickers made up for it.

Once all of the up-grades are complete, I will re-name it the "Hurricane", the wrap/stickers will reflect its new name.

Thanks!:)

ac

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
My new safety switches!;)

I will HOPEFULLY be adding the green L.E.D dime sized lights next to or above each switch this coming week!:)

noname.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Full body view with switches.

I will be adding the green L.E.D dime sized lights next to each switch this coming week HOPEFULLY!:)

noname1.jpg

Not sure why, but one thing that makes mine different than the one pictured in the original post (it is picture from Namco's site.) is that my pneumatic tires/wheels are set-back, behind the machine....I like that better.

Thanks!;)

ac

bullets

Oct 14, 2008
ocean county
Real Name
micky bullets
ac, i've always liked the scooter machines. they are a very nice "platform", to do custom work to. if i may ask, are you planning on using a generator to power up, and run from your service vehicle?
a few years ago, i did a custom makeover on a friends (namco)beast, and it ended up with so much power, it even amazed me!

lately, the newest of vac motors available, have been dramatically improved, and seeing your completed project will definately be nice!

Bullets;

With a modern 4 vac system build it is possible to get about 75% of the power of the average 36 blowered unit out there these days at 100 ft out. Beyond that the percentage goes down because centrafugal vacs have more "slip" than positive displacement powered blowers.

That said, you can do very nice work at 200 ft with the 4 vac system that I know AC is building.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
ac, i've always liked the scooter machines. they are a very nice "platform", to do custom work to. if i may ask, are you planning on using a generator to power up, and run from your service vehicle?
a few years ago, i did a custom makeover on a friends (namco)beast, and it ended up with so much power, it even amazed me!

lately, the newest of vac motors available, have been dramatically improved, and seeing your completed project will definately be nice!

Hello Bullets,

I plan on using customer's power every single chance I get! When they do say "we prefer you not use our powe" or there simply is no power, I feel a generator is a must!

I do plan on leaving it in the Van, like a ETM, but will keep the wheels on it for whenever I may find myself in a pinch.

Thanks for the information about your friends Beast, I cannot wait to finish my project as well....will just take a little time, but it will happen!

Thanks again!:)

ac