My motor blew up :( Can anyone tel me how many horsepower it takes to run a 56 blower?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
You don't have to be a mechanic to get one of those running just make sure the bring some starter fluid and a battery make sure to have a metric wrench set of jumper cables if you can't run it turn it over make sure there's no hard spots as rotating it should be difficult at the compression stroke of every cylinder
I would Even check timing

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Johnny yiu have another machine operational though right? this isn't your main machine?

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
Johnny yiu have another machine operational though right? this isn't your main machine?
This is my back up machine. My main one is a Hydramaster, but the tranny blew on that one, so I used my back up and the motor threw a rid on the first job of the day. SO I was using my portable Mytee setup for a few days. My Hydramaster is back so I'm not in a real rush to get this done, but I need to have it done.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
The guy selling this motor is starting to cop a little attitude so I'm thinking screw him and his motor. Off to look for another one.
I would like to make a suggestion to not buy one from an individual that to get one from a reputable salvage yard I can guarantee they won't comp in attitude. when you buy a rebuilt anything you're not buying a known working part. if you buy from a salvage yard you are buying a known working partin fact most salvage yards will warranty the engines that they sell. They can remove the motor in a way that is professional with the harness and tack ready for installation. And I really want to press the point of known working think of how many times people run to AutoZone just to get a bad part they have something like a 50% return ratio it is absolutely insane how many bad parts come out of boxes. So let's say you get a motor was even 200,000 miles on its second Life in your truck is the easiest thing it could imagine doing that is really light work compared to accelerating and decelerating a vehicle constantly.

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
They're actually known to be quite an excellent power plant not much as far as power for a vehicle but would be more than enough for a truck mountsinger remember replacing the most in those cars with CV shafts serpentine belts from time to time when we go out due to poor maintenance but most of them get well over 200 300,000 miles before they hit the salvage yard

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States

Kxp

Nov 28, 2017
Real Name
Kenneth Pena
Johnny I know a guy that has a 805 with 6000 hours and some change I need the blower and pump out you can have the motor and anything else you need we can separate the rest I was thinking if we offer 1000 each we could get it that motor would come with everything you need let me know we could wait till a week before Christmas and low ball him you can hear it run

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
If you can’t come down I can do a compression test for you on it before we cough up cash

What kind of motor is to? Where is it located at? City and state.

Johnny Bravo

Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
It’s the big Nissan 4 cylinder albaquerque New Mexico
It’s the big Nissan 4 cylinder albaquerque New Mexico
Thanks, but I've gone from LA to New York and LA to Missouri to buy TMs and vans. I'm trying to get something closer this time.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
If you can get that nissan for a grand that would be a steal brother, and its already set up to be on a truckmount just sayin:unsure: